User:Ed Poor/good liberal
To be a good Liberal, there are some astonishing contradictions you must accept:
- You have to believe the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of federal funding.
- You have to believe that the same teacher who can't teach 4th graders how to read is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex and societal values.
- You have to believe that guns, in the hands of law-abiding Americans, are more of a threat than U.S. nuclear weapons technology in the hands of Chinese communists.
- You have to believe that gender roles are artificial but being homosexual is natural.
- You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity.
- You have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something productive in society.
- Constitution, while the ACLU is good, because it supports certain parts of the Constitution.
- You have to believe that Margaret Sanger and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than Washington, Jefferson, or Thomas Edison.
- You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides aren't.
- You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasn't worked anywhere it's been tried, is because the right people haven't been in charge.
- You have to believe conservatives telling the truth belong in jail, but a liar and sex offender belongs in the White House.
- You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag, transvestism and bestiality should be constitutionally protected, while manger scenes at Christmas should be illegal.