- I am a libertarian, and very much so!
- Actually, I'm a social and economic conservative. The difference between me and most conservatives is not what I believe, but where I think the government should step in for my beliefs.
- Feel free to ask me about my positions. I love talking politics with open-minded, rational people
- In 2008 I graduated from Bucknell University with a bachelor of science degree in chemical engineering. Now I'm a data analyst in an industry almost related to my degree.
- I have a pretty strong background in fluid dynamics, heat and mass transfer, thermodynamics, etc. etc.
- I was at one point pursuing a minor in political science
- I have a good working base of political science, political theory and international politics
- I also have taken courses in economics, logic, and probability
- Now my work life revolves around Microsoft Excel, Structured Query Language, and Visual Basic for Applications.
My Editing Philosophy
- Noncontroversial edits are usually ok
- I will always follow the Guidelines and Commandments (G&C)
- I will attempt to make all articles follow the G&C, and encourage other editors to do likewise
- Essay pages are opinion
- Mainspace pages are fact
- No tilting at windmills!
- I will not treat someone's work differently because of their "status"; this is a community project
- I will not revert anything added to a talk page, unless a user swears or edits another user's words
- The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a new result
Pet Peeves (In no particular order)
- Plagiarism is the use of another's words as one's own without giving proper credit. This is true even if you "paid for it" and have permission to use it
- Selected examples do not prove a trend. If you want to show that "most people do X" by example, you can never prove your point with examples
- Don't use "literally" if you mean "figuratively". Don't use "literally" if there's no figurative way to take what you say.
- Improper use of political lables. "Conservative" may, in most cases, be the opposite of "liberal", but there are numerous other ideologies which don't line up on a 1-dimentional scale!
- Improper use of numbers! (P(BC|Ab)>P(BC|P) does not imply that P(BC|Ab)>P(BC)!!)
- "Ironic" means that something happened opposite to what you expect to happen. A woman getting hit and killed by a sugar truck is sad. A diabetic woman getting hit and killed by a sugar truck is coincidence. A diabetic woman getting hit and killed by an insulin truck is ironic.
- Finding "please add more" on a wiki page. For one, lists rarely make a good article (and often contribute to pet peeve #2); additionally, all wikis are works in progress, so there's always an implied assumption to add more to an article.
- More to come