Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I'll just incorporate my stuff into the pre-existing article, because it'll make it more complete. However, it boggles my mind that the pre-existing one doesn't mention decoherence or anything! Stryker 10:48, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
- I have Sysop privileges...would you want me to delete the duplicate page (the one with wrong spelling) when you're done with it? Just notify me at my talk page. DeborahB. 10:53, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
- Deborah, it's better to leave it as a redirect (I just did that); The "anglicized" version of the name has the "oe," and it's considered a correct spelling. Stryker 11:16, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
- Ok...I wasn't sure if someone who wasn't a Sysop had "re-directing powers". Now I know! DeborahB. 11:45, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
- Deb, you are correct insofar as concept. Editors cannot re-direct, they have no button for it, they must do it manually. And they are supposed to ask, or at least inform via edit notes, or talk page notes, before they do that. Otherwise we would have total chaos, and not making a judgement on this particular editor, many simply don't have good judgement in moving things, or decide things on less than good reasons, and therefore anger other editors needlessly. So it is always a good idea to discuss via the articles discussion page about the need for a re-direct, and then post to an active sysop's page letting them know, or bringing it to their attention. --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 19:18, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
Hi Bayes, :)
Thanks for creating article on CP. :) If you'd do me a favor, though, please take a moment to categorize an article when you create it. You can see a list of categories here: Special:Categories. Just use two open brackets, then the word "category", a colon ":", and the name of the category you want. Close the double brackets and you're done. You can put your article into as many categories as you feel are appropriate.
If this isn't done, some of us will come through and tidy up, but we aren't necessarily going to know as much about the subject as you will, so the categorization may be weak. Thanks! Aziraphale 17:27, 2 August 2007 (EDT)
- Got it! I've noticed that you and others are working on this task, and I'll do my best to keep it in mind. I know that I tend to forget though, so I might need some backup.--Bayes 17:36, 2 August 2007 (EDT)
- I don't mean to be fascist about it - if you forget you forget. :) However, I suspect that many people simply don't know about categories, or don't think about them at all when creating articles. I just go around and tie strings around fingers. heheeh Aziraphale 17:51, 2 August 2007 (EDT) <- knows many knots...
- Good thing you know many knots, given the number of people (myself included) who, however unwittingly, are skilled at untying them! If you can think of other stuff I can do to be of help, please let me know--Bayes 17:59, 2 August 2007 (EDT) <-- could get used to the italicized postscript idea