Hi, just wondering if a middle school maths teacher is the same as a high school maths teacher. StatsMsn 23:44, 1 June 2008 (EDT)
Hi, no, they are not the same. I teach grades 6-8, so pre-algebra and algebra. I don't teach geometry, advanced algebra, pre-calculus, calculus, statistics, etc.
How exactly do I make a cool personal user page? Like, I see people's pages that say, "I fondly remember Regan" and they have a picture of Regan next to that line. Or, "I believe that the Earth is old -- 6,000 years old."
- I'm sad, I thought maths teachers were meant to help with problems, not hide them :(. If you can assist me I'll help you beautify your user page :D StatsMsn 23:56, 1 June 2008 (EDT)
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought that that post was a mistake. Please post that back on my site and I will look at it. I will indeed assist you.
- You may still be able to help me. A certain person told me:
- I blocked you for persisting to defend your error, instead of accepting the correction I made. If you need further assistance with math, try any high school math teacher. - Ed Poor (via email)
- The problem is that I don't understand what my mistake was, so perhaps you would be able to explain it. My original edit was here and my change was labeled an error here. I discussed the error here.
- Now I did pretty well in high school maths but I'm still willing to admit when I'm wrong. Could you please look over the situation and provide my with some assistance. Thanks StatsMsn 23:50, 1 June 2008 (EDT)
Hmmm, I don't see why that was flagged as an error. If he lost $40, and makes $8/hour, it will take anywhere between 5 and 6 hours to re-earn that money, depending on the tax rate. Say that about 9% is removed from every paycheck in taxes, then, the person would need to work 5.5 hours, and earn 44 dollars, and lose about $4 to taxes, earning a net of $40. So...I don't see why your post was wrong, but maybe just say a little more than 5 hours or a little less than 6 hours. Or, perhaps that user did not see that you mentioned "after taxes" in your statement, and thinks that the person would only have to work 5 hours at $8/hour to re-earn the $40. I hope this helps.