User talk:Joaquín Martínez/archive2
- 1 Lectures
- 2 Hurricane!
- 3 Hello from DeborahB.
- 4 It is nice to see you back editing.
- 5 Hello!
- 6 Masterpiece of the Week
- 7 Maps
- 8 Hurricane Felix
- 9 Saint Peter page
- 10 Sexual addiction
- 11 Images
- 12 Titian
- 13 Discussion vs. Editing
- 14 Alan Keyes
- 15 Linking
- 16 Contest
- 17 Another masterpiece
- 18 Mexico article
- 19 quick note
- 20 Just a question...
- 21 An account claiming to be you at Wikipedia
- 22 Lesbians
- 23 Lisbon image
- 24 Baseball....
- 25 Rock music
- 26 una pregunta
- 27 U.S. Govt template
- 28 ¡hola, Joaquín!
- 29 Contest
- 30 Check your email
- 31 Bartholemew Ahern
- 32 Contest
- 33 See also links
- 34 Link
- 35 Masterpiece of the Week
- 36 Dr. Atl
- 37 Masterpiece of the Week
- 38 Thanks!
- 39 Masterpieces
- 40 Libertarianism
- 41 Main Page
- 42 Moderate
- 43 Re:Welcome.
- 44 Christmas Tree
- 45 RE: good work!
- 46 Hello from DeborahB!
- 47 Reply to email
- 48 Genocide
- 49 RE:Masterpiece of the Week/Article of the Week
- 50 Unprotect
- 51 Article of the week
- 52 ¡Feliz Navidad!
- 53 Jose83
- 54 Our Lady of Guadalupe
- 55 Happy New Year
- 56 Response to questions
- 57 Did you forget something...
- 58 Euro
- 59 Thank you
- 60 Formating
- 61 Copyvios
- 62 Contest
Is it possible to enter my own lectures for the benefit of anyone interested in a basic Decision Mathematics course, covering basic algorithms from the D1 course at A-level? I would like to run the idea past you to test its viability. Thanks-Tir
Thank you indeed!
Yes, We are in the shore, but in the Gulf of Mexico. At this moment we are starting to be hited by Dean.
- Good to hear from you! I was just watching a report on television about Dean's path. I have offered prayers of safety to the Holy Virgin and lit a candle for you tonight in church, Joaquin. If you lose Internet, please let us know as soon as you can if you escaped trouble. God bless! --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 07:59, 21 August 2007 (EDT)
Welcome back, Joaquín!!!! We've missed you!!! Godspeed.--Aschlafly 18:03, 24 August 2007 (EDT)
I'm glad to hear that you're okay and back with us. DanH 21:21, 26 August 2007 (EDT)
- Hello! I too am glad your okay and back. Bohdan 21:24, 26 August 2007 (EDT)
- Yes, Thank you! I have been working here all the time but very little, except when I went for holidays at the end of July.
Hello from DeborahB.
Hello! It's nice to hear from you...just wanted to say sorry for my absence from Conservapedia for so long!!! My sister's wedding was yesterday, and the past few weeks have been crazy getting ready for it...but now it's over and I'll definitely start working on Conservapedia again! Right now though I'm going to go to bed because I'm exhausted :) but I'll be on tomorrow! Again, it's nice to hear from you! DeborahB. 22:41, 26 August 2007 (EDT)
It is nice to see you back editing.
It is nice to see you back editing. Conservative 23:08, 28 August 2007 (EDT)
Hello! DeborahB. 22:42, 29 August 2007 (EDT)
Good morning! Is there any page that has all the painting's that are possibilities? Or are we just finding ones we like and then doing them? Thanks! DeborahB. 09:03, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
Masterpiece of the Week
Well...I looked at all the paintings, and I really like the one, "A View of Toledo" by El Greco...what do you think? (Painting Masterpieces) Also, do you have any idea why there hasn't been a "Masterpiece of the Week" for several weeks now? DeborahB. 11:59, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
Do you know much about maps? I just posted a question about finding a U.S. centric world map for home schooling. FunnyBoy 22:08, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
- See question on U.S. centric political world map at User_talk:Aschlafly. FunnyBoy 22:18, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
Make sure you and your family are safe from that hurricane, OK? Karajou 08:09, 3 September 2007 (EDT)
Saint Peter page
I disagree greatly with the last paragraph of that page.
For one, there is no evidence that Peter was actually in Rome.
- There is certainly a tradition that Peter went to Rome and was crucified there. Perhaps finding that reference in the ancient writings would sooth your concern? Learn together 01:07, 10 September 2007 (EDT)
I noticed the sexual addiction article back in the uncategorized list. Are you planning to expand it? If so, would you please categorize it into something appropriate? I proposed it for deletion simply because there was essentially nothing in the article, not because I'm against the subject. :)
EDIT TO ADD: Ditto sexual purity, if you're going to take the time to remove a category, please take the time to figure out a better category for it. :) Merci!
Thanks, Aziraphale 13:48, 11 September 2007 (EDT)
- Soigneux! Je parle seulement français, n'est-ce pas? Aziraphale 15:05, 11 September 2007 (EDT) mon dieu!
Could you please help me with an image? You are an expert since you put all the images for the famous paintings! I can't make the image smaller in Liberty Bell - there must be a way to resize the image on the page, but I don't know how. Thank you very much, I appreciate your help! -- Taj 13:53, 13 September 2007 (EDT)
- I read your reply on my talk page. :-) Como siempre, gracias por la ayuda. (as always, thank you for the help) -- Taj 15:35, 13 September 2007 (EDT)
Here's a painting for the next Masterpiece week: Image:Titian-red cap.jpg Karajou 03:10, 17 September 2007 (EDT)
Discussion vs. Editing
I may not have edited much, but I believe that discussion is the key to higher understanding, by learning the ideals of others. Please don't send berating and biting sarcastic comments, especially ones where grammar is clearly absent. -- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Fernando507 (talk)--21:14, 17 September 2007
- Joaquin, my friend, I took the liberty of leaving a clearer, perhaps better worded message for the above user. I ask your forgiveness in so doing, but his bigotry angered me..... --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 00:47, 18 September 2007 (EDT)
Thank you for uploading an image of Alan Keyes! DanH 15:34, 18 September 2007 (EDT)
Joaquin, thanks much for the great links but please don't add too many links without explanation, because Google downgrades and can even banish sites for that. Godspeed.--Aschlafly 23:07, 20 September 2007 (EDT)
- Do we want to provide explanations on the Talk:Conservative Links page? --Crocoite 10:45, 21 September 2007 (EDT)
- No, It is in the main article's page. I have made some. Please take a look.
- Ok. I see your changes. I will add a few more of my own. --Crocoite 15:07, 21 September 2007 (EDT)
Would you be interested in going after a another victory and joining team one (to be named) in the contest? --Tash 19:00, 22 September 2007 (EDT)
- Thank you so much Tash but soon I will be traveling. --User:Joaquín Martínez, talk 19:17, 22 September 2007 (EDT)
Ok, thanks anyways and have a great trip. --Tash 19:24, 22 September 2007 (EDT)
- Just beautiful. I am sure this will increase more our rating. --User:Joaquín Martínez, talk 08:57, 26 September 2007 (EDT)
Added an infobox for this article, and I would like to see CP follow a similar pattern for every country article we have. Karajou 18:00, 28 September 2007 (EDT)
I just wanted to say that I have noticed you have added quite a number of beautiful pictures to Conservapedia in terms of artwork and photography and that it is appreciated. Conservative 19:25, 7 October 2007 (EDT)
Just a question...
An account claiming to be you at Wikipedia
Hi, over at Wikipedia there is an account claiming to be you. Some editors have raised the possibility that this is not you. If you could let me know if this or is not you it would be appreciated. (If it isn't you, it will be blocked as an account trying to impersonate someone). Feel free to respond on this page or my Conservapedia talk page. JoshuaZ 11:17, 10 October 2007 (EDT)
- 20:46, 15 May 2007 ColinR (Talk | contribs | block) deleted "Lesbian" (content was: '#redirect Lesbos delete')
- 14:17, 15 March 2007 Aschlafly (Talk | contribs | block) deleted "Lesbian"
- 19:46, 13 March 2007 MountainDew (Talk | contribs | block) deleted "Lesbian"
- I have no idea where this was being talked about, and who all was involved aside from Ed, Joaquin and you, but the above should be a clear enough indication to all of you. If you don't like it, start checking with others before you act! "Others" means me, and the rest of the Site Admins. --şŷŝôρ-₮K/Ṣρёаќǃ 19:16, 13 October 2007 (EDT)
Hola, Joaquín. Gracias para la imagen de Lisboa. Yo estaba buscando por uno, pero penso que ése es fantástico. Greg 22:49, 14 October 2007 (EDT)
- It is about the "ball" that is used in Baseball. It is correct then. --User:Joaquín Martínez, talk 18:23, 15 October 2007 (EDT)
- The article exist no more. Do you know who deleted it? For me it is fine like you say, but in Google there are 60,200 articles about "Baseball ball" like this: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/niku/5985
http://item.express.ebay.com/Sports-Cards-Memorabilia-Fan-Shop_Autographs__ROBINSON-CANO-SIGNED-BASEBALL-BALL-NEW-YORK-YANKEES_W0QQitemZ260154748805QQihZ016QQddnZSportsQ20CardsQ2cQ20MemorabiliaQ20Q26Q20FanQ20ShopQQadnZAutographsQQptdiZ1326QQddiZ1401QQcmdZExpressItem Have you think about people outside US. We in Mexico use to say "pelota de Beisbol", (Baseball ball). Any solution is fine for me. --User:Joaquín Martínez, talk 18:52, 15 October 2007 (EDT)
Those links are not to encyclopedia's but one is some game, another is Ebay! When you go to Wikipedia  you are rightfully taken to the article for the American-invented game, "Baseball". Can you see there is a note at the top, about the disambiguation page? It shows:
Baseball may also refer to:
* Baseball (ball), the ball used in baseball * Baseball (documentary), the Ken Burns documentary * Baseball (computer game) * Baseball (Nintendo game) * Vintage base ball * Baseball an independent band from Melbourne, Australia * A variation of stud poker * Baseball, an album by the band Say Anything
This is the proper method. As for what other languages use, that is all well and good, however this is an American encyclopedia, so the concern you raise isn't something we would consider, and is solved by a disambiguation page. :-)
Part of the problem here is that images were being uploaded by users with upload rights (non-sysops), for others who did not have them, and the images left unprotected. As you know this is a legitimate security concern. Without your posting to the proper forums, or emailing, no one knows what is going on.
--şŷŝôρ-₮K/Ṣρёаќǃ 19:04, 15 October 2007 (EDT)
- Fine. We will need an article named: Baseball (ball) as the one we used to have. Could you restore it? Thanks. I will work in the disambiguation page. People in other countries could also enter this American site writing in the way they can that is not always the best one. --User:Joaquín Martínez, talk 19:11, 15 October 2007 (EDT)
- Baseball ball will be a re-direct to the disambiguation page, Joaquin. Baseball will not redirect, but will have a link on it to the disambig page. --şŷŝôρ-₮K/Ṣρёаќǃ 08:11, 16 October 2007 (EDT)
- Now, everything is perfect. Thank you so much for let me know. --User:Joaquín Martínez, talk 09:06, 17 October 2007 (EDT)
- I'm glad I could help! HelpJazz 17:45, 17 October 2007 (EDT)
Why did you remove my addition to [Rock Music]? It is true, is it not? Please explain. Styxz 15:39, 4 November 2007 (EST)
- Your edit was too much of a generalization. The same could be said for any type of music. DanH 16:04, 4 November 2007 (EST)
Saludos amigo ¿por qué no hay conservapedia en español? creo que sería muy útil para mucha gente que no sabe inglés lo suficiente como para entenderlo. Fernando Gonzalez
Ya se está creando, es www.conservapedia.es
U.S. Govt template
I agree to the copyright template, but we need one to identify the source as from the U.S. government, which is what I had been using for a number of articles until the "image" line was pointed out. Karajou 15:07, 7 November 2007 (EST)
Perhaps this one could be altered slightly:
|License:||This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States Federal Government under the terms of Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 105 of the US Code.|
|This image may not be freely used on user pages.|
|If you think this image is incorrectly licensed you may discuss this on the image's talk page.|
Karajou 15:09, 7 November 2007 (EST)
- Gentlemen, I have spoken with Ed Poor, who informs if from the U.S. Government, absolutely no license template is needed, actually. You can merely type into the image box when uploading: "U.S. Government", although we both think it nice to credit the particular agency. The template above, needs no alteration for CP to be in compliance. I think in the "source" line we could type, for example, "USDA", "DOD" or whatever agency the picture is from. ;-) --şyŝoρ-₮K/Ṣρёаќǃ 16:05, 7 November 2007 (EST)
- Are you guys talking about a template for text in articles copied from government websites? If that is the case, please discuss with Andy and other sysops before running off with this. Such a template is really clutter, and a simple tag, not very high, would be much more attractive! Andy doesn't much like clutter on articles, is my thinking. --şyŝoρ-₮K/Ṣρёаќǃ 18:36, 7 November 2007 (EST)
Joaquín, podría poner una "link" aquí (como a su página del usario), para mantener la lista de "dead end pages" a cero? Gracias, Greg 20:31, 9 November 2007 (EST) P.S. ¿Como se dice "link" en español? Mi español es todavía mediocre.
- Adelante. Ponla.
Hey Joqaquin! So one of the first questions for our team is what our team name should be. If you have any ideas just get word out to TK, thanks (and remember: we're using a Machiavellian policy towards this contest: We must win - no matter what. lol, good luck!)IDuan--00:01, 10 November 2007 (EST)
Hey Joaquin - I was just going through each of our teams current points - and I noticed that you added a talk edit as a "Minor edit" - when talk edits don't actually count. Just wanted to give you the heads up - nice early scores by the way!--IDuan 15:21, 12 November 2007 (EST)
- The talk page of Masterpiece is in reality not a talk page. We use it to set what we are planning to show in the next week and so.
Check your email
JM - I just sent you an email regarding the contest. BrianCo 14:38, 13 November 2007 (EST)
Hi, Joaquin, In Ireland Bartolemew Ahern is always known as "Bertie Ahern", so I think it would be best to change the page name back to "Bertie Ahern" Breadan43 16:24, 18 November 2007 (EST)
- The entrie Bertie Ahern is still working. You may try it; it will send you to Bartholomew Ahern which is more appropriated for an educational site like CP. --User:Joaquín Martínez, talk 18:38, 18 November 2007 (EST)
Thank you for your support, Joaquin. You have class, which I can't say for everyone here. SSchultz 20:38, 18 November 2007 (EST)
Joaquín, Geo and I have been very busy and have not had a lot of free time to work together to finish the rulings! I have placed the draft of our rulings on the talk page of contest3, and when Geo gets back he will sign it and make it official. HelpJazz 22:00, 29 November 2007 (EST)
The reason I removed those particular ones is because too many unrelated links hurt Conservapedia's search engine ratings. DanH 00:49, 20 November 2007 (EST)
Masterpiece of the Week
Great work on the Masterpiece of the Week, Joaquin! I particularly liked the El Greco work.--Aschlafly 21:13, 24 November 2007 (EST)
I saw your post about getting your article on Dr. Atl high up on search engine rankings. Congratulations! DanH 17:48, 26 November 2007 (EST)
Masterpiece of the Week
How about this image: Karajou 10:54, 27 November 2007 (EST)
Hi Joaquin! I know you are partly in charge of the Masterpiece of the week thing on Conservapedia. (I think) Were do I put pictures up in the running to get on the main page? Thanks. --~BCSTalk2ME 18:32, 3 December 2007 (EST)
- The same way you have done in the past, d. In the Talk page we have the "next week" material. Nice to hear from u. --User:Joaquín Martínez, talk 18:58, 3 December 2007 (EST)
I don't really see how the last edit to Libertarianism was vandalism. DanH 22:28, 4 December 2007 (EST)
- It is not vandalism, but it is not accurate. Laissez-Faire is an economic belief, not a philosophical one.
Okay, thanks for clarifying! DanH 22:46, 4 December 2007 (EST)
I'd be honored! Just let me know what I can do. Oh, and your daughter's a cutie. Maestro 10:09, 8 December 2007 (EST)
Of course I'd be interested. Just let me know. Maestro 11:13, 8 December 2007 (EST)
- I will research Scottish homosexualists and see if I can find stuff to improve the article. CillaHunt 10:26, 8 December 2007 (EST)
- Could you please explain how linking from the educational, clean, and concise Conservapedia article Culture of Scotland to another educational, clean, and concise Conservapedia article about another aspect of Scottish culture justifies a block based on the following: Failing on CONSERVAPEDIA COMMANDMENTS No. 3 and 5.
- Those commandments state:
- 3.Edits/new pages must be family-friendly, clean, concise, and without gossip or foul language.
- 5.Do not post personal opinion on an encyclopedia entry. Opinions can be posted on Talk:pages or on debate or discussion pages. Advertisements are prohibited.
- Those commandments state:
- In what way does cross-linking educational, clean, and concise Conservapedia articles breach those commandments?
- CillaHunt 10:59, 10 December 2007 (EST)
Thankyou very much! I hope that my time here will be long and fruitful! --JOwen
Thanks for the Christmas Tree, and your other terrific edits, Joaquin!--Aschlafly 22:32, 9 December 2007 (EST)
RE: good work!
Gracias! Yo probado hacer bueno. My Spanish is lacking... Thanks! SlapHappy 23:41, 11 December 2007 (EST)SlapHappy
Hello from DeborahB!
Hola! It's been a while since I've worked on Conservapedia! But I thought I'd start working on it again, now that I have some extra time. And I wanted to see if maybe I could resume helping you choose the "Masterpiece of the Week"...that was my old job!
Hope to hear from you soon! DeborahB. 17:44, 12 December 2007 (EST)
Reply to email
Sorry, Joaquin, my conservapedia email does not work for some reason. I think my email server must have blocked the large volume of email from it. Could you propose an article of the month here? Thanks, I'll watch your page here.--Aschlafly 23:39, 12 December 2007 (EST)
- We are planning to have a team to update "The article of the month", maybe each week (Featured article).
- The members of the team are:
- Learn together
- and probably Deb.
- We plan to make each month a list of articles, and one of us will update it every week. What do you think?
This seems a fairly straightforward issue to me. I have seen no definition of genocide outside of this site's article that requires that genocide be carried out by a government. The UN has not defined genocide this way, and the State Department states explicitly that genocide occurred in Bosnia.  Based on these facts, I think the definition in the article should be corrected, and the Srebrenica massacre should be reinserted as an example of genocide. What are your thoughts? SSchultz 21:43, 13 December 2007 (EST)
- It is not an easy answer, but I will study it. --User:Joaquín Martínez, talk 21:45, 13 December 2007 (EST)
RE:Masterpiece of the Week/Article of the Week
Yes, I would definitely be interested in doing the Article of the Week, and I will definitely get in on the discussion of Masterpiece of the Week! Keep me posted on the updates, and I will try to give as much time as I can. DeborahB. 10:07, 14 December 2007 (EST)
Good!. Please go to: Featured articles
There you may suggest new material or take material to use in the Main Page (left).
- Thank you my friend ;-) Learn together 13:46, 14 December 2007 (EST)
Article of the week
Do do we put our suggestions under the 'featured article' link? Maestro 10:52, 15 December 2007 (EST)
- Hola Joaquín! Tonight I made a new page on Frida Kahlo and since you are the expert on artists, please look at it and add anything you like to make it better, thank you! Tomorrow I will be finished with finals and will be traveling back to New Mexico to spend the holidays with my family. So I want to wish you a Feliz Navidad, and hope you have a wonderful holiday! I will see you next year! ¡Feliz Navidad! Espero que haya unas maravillosas vacaciones! God Bless -- Taj 03:53, 18 December 2007 (EST)
Jose83 was blocked for two days for something else. DanH 18:51, 20 December 2007 (EST)
- Thank you for taking a second look. I am very suspicious of his contributions. DanH 18:55, 20 December 2007 (EST)
Our Lady of Guadalupe
Joaquin, I uploade a couple more photographs of the basilica/statue. I ndon't know if you want to incorporate them into the article. Feliz navidad. BrianCo 13:53, 25 December 2007 (EST)
Happy New Year
Happy New Year to you, too, Joaquin! And thanks for posting the picture of your beautiful daughter!--Aschlafly 21:35, 30 December 2007 (EST)
Response to questions
Sorry it took me a couple days to get back to you. I haven't been online much. Anyway, deleted pages can be restored. If you try to re-create a page that has been deleted, near the top, it might say View or restore 3 deleted edits? Click on that.
I'm not sure what you're talking about with the red or green bars, and I don't know if you can link to another page with an image. Ed Poor or Jallen might know better than I would. You have a great new year too and God bless you! DanH 02:14, 31 December 2007 (EST)
Did you forget something...
I was about to add the Euro to the Cyprus and Malta articles, but you beat me to it. Quick fingers! DanH 23:39, 1 January 2008 (EST)
For that block. No administrators were online! ThomasB 14:02, 2 January 2008 (EST)
Joaquin, I know you are a sysop, but please do not put copyright violations on Conservapedia. This version of Our Lady of Guadalupe is clearly a copy and paste from http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=456. TheEvilSpartan 15:32, 7 January 2008 (EST)
- EvilSpartan, you have no idea what you're talking about. Copyright runs out in less than 100 years, and that image is many hundreds of years old.--Aschlafly 16:23, 7 January 2008 (EST)
- I was referring to the text, for which there is a disclaimer "Copyright © 2007 Catholic Online". If indeed it turns out the text was written prior to 1923 (e.g., it was part of a pre 1923 Catholic encyclopedia), then the claim is invalid, and I apologize. However, I most certainly do know what I'm talking about when it comes to copyrights. :) TheEvilSpartan 12:36, 8 January 2008 (EST)
Hello my friend,
Any chance we can entice you into joining the new contest? Your presense would be appreciated. ;-) Learn together 02:49, 12 January 2008 (EST)
- I am out of town. I will be back at the end of the week. Thanks any way.
- Take care my friend. We will miss you. ;-) Learn together 12:54, 14 January 2008 (EST)
- Joaquín, the contest is in full swing but my team is one short. Would you care to sign up for Eagle Team for the remainder of the competition at Contest4. I know there is not much time left but you are such a prolific editor that I am sure your contributions will be of help to us. BrianCo 18:10, 17 January 2008 (EST)
- Congratulations, Joaquín!!!--Aschlafly 12:11, 20 January 2008 (EST)