Something you may not know...
In the English language, the names of countries, such as "Egypt," are what are known as "proper nouns," and are thus spelled with the first letter in upper case. The same goes with adjectives based on country names or religions, such as "Estonian," or "Islamist." EddyJ 09:46, 23 June 2013 (EDT)
- OK I will note it in future --JoeyJ 10:51, 23 June 2013 (EDT)
"In 1971 he coup in power..." What does that mean? Do you mean he "staged a coup"? Also, what does "tenue" mean? You've used that word several times in your edits. I don't think I've ever seen it before. EddyJ 13:12, 23 June 2013 (EDT)
- Yes I mean staged the coup. --JoeyJ 13:14, 23 June 2013 (EDT)
- No matter.--JoeyJ 13:27, 15 September 2013 (EDT)
Your account has been promoted. Congratulations!--Andy Schlafly 13:45, 8 October 2013 (EDT)
What does it mean? Am I a administator now?--JoeyJ 08:58, 9 October 2013 (EDT)
- No, it means that you now are trusted enough to block vandals and spammers. brenden 19:47, 9 October 2013 (EDT)
- Thank you!--JoeyJ 09:14, 10 October 2013 (EDT)
Int'l Democratic Union
- I prefer the deletion because International DemocratIC Union is wrong spelled.--JoeyJ 14:39, 22 November 2013 (EST)
Great work on Mandela
Great edits to Mandela; I just got back from California which is why I only saw them now; I spruced up the presentation of the references a little bit (just throwing in some templates), but I think that section is perfect so far.--IDuan 19:44, 17 December 2013 (EST)
I'm not an expert, and maybe there are spiffier ways to do this, but the method I use is this: Go to the history listing. The last (top) item will list the vandalized version. The one before it (or two before it, or whatever you want to revert to; pay close attention) will be the one you want to revert to. Click on the date/time stamp for that item. It will bring up that version and say "This is an old revision" blah blah blah. Click edit. You will see big warnings that you are editing the wrong version, and that if you save from there, later edits will be lost!!! That is, of course, exactly what you want. Click save. SamHB 12:58, 1 February 2014 (EST)
Why was my edit reverted on this page? It was not parody. If you check the reference I provided, he really did say those things and he really does believe in evolution. Thanks, --JonY 17:18, 30 May 2014 (EDT)
- But if you compare Pat Robertson to Hitler, it really looks like a parody.--JoeyJ 04:45, 31 May 2014 (EDT)
5 maintenance tasks that need to be done - some of which could be automated
Some editors like to do wiki maintenance tasks. I started on two of these maintenance task, but I don't have the time to do it all myself.
There are 5 maintenance task that need to be done:
1. De-orphan pages which have no category tags or links to them from other pages.
2. Remove about 8% of the wiki pages which are ex-editors' user pages and user talk pages who have not edited in the last 3 years. And this task could probably be automated, but it could be done manually too.
There is a list of editors/users here: http://conservapedia.com/Special:ListUsers
If you go through the list and put delete page tags on the user pages and user talk pages of users who have been inactive for 3 years, then those pages can be deleted.
- You can also find the pages that need to be deleted by looking at the pages that have these templates on them and then see if the users have been active in the last 3 years: http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Special:WhatLinksHere&target=Template%3AUseful+links and http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Special:WhatLinksHere&target=Template%3AWelcome
3. Delete the templates that are never being used.
4. Build up the 2 sentence stub articles so they have at least 500 words. Using the random page search function, I estimate the stub articles are at least 30-40% of the wiki articles.
5. Within 10 years, about 50% of links become broken links. Xenu's Link Sleuth can crawl your website and find these dead links plus make a report: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
Alternatively, using this Firefox tool https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/linkchecker/ or this chrome tool https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/link-checker/aibjbgmpmnidnmagaefhmcjhadpffaoi?hl=en these dead links can be found.
I did this link maintenance already for the atheism, evolution and homosexuality articles.
I think these 5 maintenance tasks being done would enhance the user experience for the readers plus these are maintenance tasks that need to be done. Conservative 12:37, 20 June 2014 (EDT)
Alright I will focus on the "Orphaned Pages".--JoeyJ 04:44, 22 June 2014 (EDT)
Automating some of these tasks
I mentioned Xenu's Link Sleuth above in order to help automate spotting the dead links. I think that deleting the the inactive editors who have not edited for 3 years could be automated as well. Maybe using something like User:EdBot. Conservative 13:36, 20 June 2014 (EDT)
Mate I'll help out if ya want.
re: removing User pages and User talk pages for editors who have been inactive for 3 years
If you identify the User pages and User talk pages for editors who have been inactive for 3 years via speedy deletion tags, a Conservapedian who has done professional programming in the past, will create a bot to delete those pages.
Via the newly created bot, other pages which have those speedy deletion tags would be removed at the same time. Conservative 18:29, 21 June 2014 (EDT)