- 1 Columbus
- 2 Politician page divisions for copy/paste
- 3 Early Life and Education
- 4 Military service
- 5 Private sector
- 6 Political career
- 7 Political views
- 8 Public criticism
- 9 Personal life
- 10 Post political career
- 11 Image Uploads
- 12 I just asked Andy Schlafly to give you picture upload rights
- 13 I did the public domain pictures for you
- 14 Madonna
- 15 To Conservative
- 16 Hey
- 17 Blocking policy
- 18 quick note
- 19 Welcome to the Featured Article Committee!
- 20 Featured Articles
- 21 question
- 22 The blocking policy refinement panel is convening on 8/17/11
- 23 This idiot vandal
- 24 Another Discography table
- 25 The Conservapedia Blocking policy refinement panel proceedings have begun
- 26 Hey Sharon
- 27 Well done!
- 28 email address
- 29 Debate:Should Conservapedia develop a clear policy on standards for encyclopaedic and family-friendly content?
- 30 The Good Earth
- 31 Their / they're / there
- 32 Discography tables
- 33 Reply
- 34 Conservative
- 35 John Candy
- 36 I was missing the word "no" to you in my last post to you on the main page talk page.
- 37 Hey Sharon
- 38 Blocking policy improvement panel member - please give your feedback here
- 39 Elvis Presley
- 40 Moved those newspaper articles
- 41 Dilemma
- 42 Signing
Good catch! --Jpatt 12:42, 13 October 2009 (EDT)
Politician page divisions for copy/paste
Early Life and Education
Post political career
I just asked Andy Schlafly to give you picture upload rights
- Thanks, Conservative! I appreciate it. SharonW 10:48, 9 July 2011 (EDT)
- No problem. You're welcome. Let me know if you have any problems/questions about the getting the upload rights and I can get clarification if you wish. Conservative 12:24, 9 July 2011 (EDT)
- SharonW, your edits have been a good start, but usually a stronger track record is needed before uploading privileges are granted. Your edits total less than 500. Let's reconsider your request for uploading privileges later this year. Thanks.--Andy Schlafly 22:08, 14 July 2011 (EDT)
Thank you for cleaning up my user page. I just signed into this website so im not sure what to do with something like this. If you could point me in the right direction id be very grateful. Im just looking to add some minor edits to a few stub articles for now until i get my bearings. --CAndrs 16:57, 13 July 2011 (EDT)
I did the public domain pictures for you
I did the public domain pictures for you. I didn't do the others for two reasons. First, I didn't know the licenses on the other pics. Second, I got the "blue screen of death" on my computer a few minutes ago. I don't want to risk messing around with my computer more than I have to. I have two computers and I am going to have the "blue screen of death" computer looked at after I do a few diagnostics and hook up the other computer tomorrow. I would ask another admin to upload the other pics or replacement pics in the meantime. I will also ask Andy again to give you pic upload rights.
Here are the pics I uploaded:
- My computer passed my diagnostic tests and seems fairly stable. I think a possible temporary solution is to give you pic uploading rights during certain time windows when an admin is around. I will talk to Andy about this possible solution. Conservative 08:36, 16 July 2011 (EDT)
Thanks for uploading, Conservative. Some of the other files were from the Library of Congress's site, and they are in the public domain. Thanks! SharonW 16:30, 16 July 2011 (EDT)
- Please look at the Conservapedia's recent changes log or my most recent contributions log. You will see that I uploaded the remainder of the pictures you wanted uploaded. Conservative 17:47, 16 July 2011 (EDT)
Good evening, Sharon. I wasn't involved in this fiasco until I reverted an edit of Legolas' that by the edit summary was not only reversion of an administrator, seemed illegitimate. I seem to share some sentiment about Madonna with the user, but think they are incorrectly handling this and this should go to the talk page. In Christ,--JamesWilson 21:39, 16 July 2011 (EDT)
Thanks again for the help with the uploads. I greatly appreciate it. SharonW 23:12, 16 July 2011 (EDT)
- Your welcome. No more blue screens of death. I think I was merely doing too many things at once with my computer. I need to get my faster computer online though although this one is pretty fast.Conservative 02:45, 17 July 2011 (EDT)
Thanks for cleaning up the article I was working on!--JamesWilson 10:58, 22 July 2011 (EDT)
And thanks for finding some citations!!! Though I would have when the article was further developed.--JamesWilson 11:22, 22 July 2011 (EDT)
Thanks again! I just have a tendency to put in repetitive information when clarifing points. What do you think of the progress the article has made? And I did request a few additional images on Mr. Schlafly's page, but he has yet to reply. In the meantime, I will just keep focusing on content. thank you again!--JamesWilson 19:28, 27 July 2011 (EDT)
I replied to you on my talk page, just in case you didn't notice. Thanks!--JamesWilson 21:13, 27 July 2011 (EDT)
I have addressed many of your points on the article already. What do you think?--JamesWilson 22:33, 27 July 2011 (EDT)
When Elvis is polished and featured with images (if we can get them) etc., I found some articles in addition to Cash and Seger to work on:Bob Dylan and Chuck Berry. What do you think?--JamesWilson 15:22, 29 July 2011 (EDT)
I added Buffett to my list in case you haven't noticed and dug up my original image requests and put them on the upload request page.--JamesWilson 19:56, 29 July 2011 (EDT)
Did you get to see what I've added to the Seger page yet? And yes, the requests are still pending.--JamesWilson 22:58, 30 July 2011 (EDT)
I see you figured out the table. And the images are there as well. I think it's ready!--JamesWilson 10:44, 2 August 2011 (EDT)
It looks good. Now we need someone to put it up.--JamesWilson 16:42, 2 August 2011 (EDT)
Sharon, your blocks have been great but I recommend not blocking longer than 5 years, except in rare cases. Five years as a duration is long enough for someone to reconsider his attitude, or have moved away from the blocked location. Thanks!--Andy Schlafly 19:15, 26 July 2011 (EDT)
- I have changed it to five years (Hope that's OK). It is a good method to follow! MaxFletcher 19:18, 26 July 2011 (EDT)
I proposed a blocking reform framework on Aschlafly's talk page. In the meantime, I would not worry about being blocked. If you were blocked, which I doubt would happen, I don't foresee any problem with me getting you unblocked. Conservative 15:15, 28 July 2011 (EDT)
Welcome to the Featured Article Committee!
Welcome!--JamesWilson 19:32, 29 July 2011 (EDT)
We still need someone to put the new article up. Mr. Martinez (the only sysop on our committee) said he was doing some vacationing. I don't know who else to ask.
Still no word on the featured articles. And were you going to make a table for Seger? All his albums are listed already. Philbin doesn't need one as he only released three albums, though a television show list may be in the works later. Thanks!--JamesWilson 14:26, 3 August 2011 (EDT)
Have you worked on the Cash discography? No rush, just wondering.--JamesWilson 17:08, 12 August 2011 (EDT)
Conservapedian Iduan is on summer vacation, but he has expressed some interest in helping to refine Conservapedia's blocking policy.
I invited someone to Conservapedia in the past and he was blocked when he should not have been and I noticed the block and asked for it be overturned and it was overturned. So I think there is room for improvement.
Iduan seems like a nice person who is reasonable and I think he would probably do a nice job in refining Conservapedia's blocking policy. I am sure he could use some help and you expressed interest in seeing the blocking policy made better. Would you like to work with Iduan on this matter? The final policy changes would be subject to approval by Aschlafly, but once they were approved, I think there is the potential for an improved policy to make a positive difference. I believe a blocking review board that hears about 5-7 cases a month would be good, but maybe a good case could be made for reviewing more cases. Perhaps, some investigation could be made before arriving at the number of cases to be heard.
Anyways, please let me know if you are interested in helping Iduan and possibly others when Iduan gets back from summer vacation. Conservative 13:22, 13 August 2011 (EDT)
- Hi, Conservative! Yes, I am interested in helping. I too have hopes of a workable policy and board for reviews. There is an blocked editor who has emailed me about appealing his block - I've been waiting until things get a bit established before bringing it to the blocking sysop's attention. --SharonW 14:46, 13 August 2011 (EDT)
- I will put you down for the panel and quote you. I will email Iduan and find out when his vacation is over. Conservative 15:00, 13 August 2011 (EDT)
The blocking policy refinement panel is convening on 8/17/11
The blocking policy refinement panel is beginning its proceedings on 8/17/11 here: http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservapedia:Blocking_policy_refinement_panel_proceedings Conservative 02:20, 15 August 2011 (EDT)
This idiot vandal
Seems to have a vendetta against me.--JamesWilson 21:37, 15 August 2011 (EDT)
- I think you should be careful about blocking the accounts beforehand, just incase you hit an innocent Sharon--SeanS 21:40, 15 August 2011 (EDT)
Another Discography table
Sorry to bug you again Sharon, but could you do one for Michael Lee Aday? I plan on working on that one after I finish Cash. If you can't, that is fine. I also requested an image for said article, but that could take a while as we both now know.--JamesWilson 11:11, 17 August 2011 (EDT)
The Conservapedia Blocking policy refinement panel proceedings have begun
The panel proceeding have begun here: Conservapedia:Blocking policy refinement panel proceedings You can start making your edits to the page should you wish to do so. Conservative 13:01, 17 August 2011 (EDT)
Congrats on the extra privileges!--JamesWilson 10:41, 31 August 2011 (EDT)
- Thanks! You knew about them before I did. ;-) We're finally moving this weekend and it's crazy busy around my house. --SharonW 11:21, 31 August 2011 (EDT)
- Yes, I saw them on RecentChanges. Hope you enjoy the move!--JamesWilson 11:25, 31 August 2011 (EDT)
Superb reversions/undos this morning!--Andy Schlafly 13:28, 13 September 2011 (EDT)
Is the email address on your user page still current?
- Yes.--SharonW 14:59, 16 September 2011 (EDT)
- Thanks. I emailed you. --SamCoulter 14:59, 16 September 2011 (EDT)
Debate:Should Conservapedia develop a clear policy on standards for encyclopaedic and family-friendly content?
If you're interested, your participation in this debate would be welcomed: Debate:Should Conservapedia develop a clear policy on standards for encyclopaedic and family-friendly content? --SamCoulter 00:26, 23 September 2011 (EDT)
The Good Earth
Hi Sharon. I responded on my talk page to your comments on The Good Earth. Please let me know if you have any other questions. On an unrelated note, I noticed that you keep your email at the top of your user page. I had a similar strategy initially but received a significant amount of spam. If it's a problem for you, I can show you how to use ReCaptcha (the same system that Mediawiki often uses to prevent spammers from posting links) to secure your email address. Thank you! Kevin Davis Talk 19:14, 23 September 2011 (EDT)
- Hi Sharon. Did you see my reply on my talk page to your concerns about The Good Earth? My apologies if you have and have simply not responded; I frequently have trouble accessing the site from both my home and my work, so I normally can't edit for relatively extended periods. Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated; thank you! Kevin Davis Talk 13:38, 25 September 2011 (EDT)
Their / they're / there
I noticed your last post - it's "they're" not "their".
Small point I know, but people in authority on an encyclopedia should at least be able to use the language correctly.
- Their - belongs to them
- They're - contraction of "they are"
- There - a location, a destination
--AlexB2 11:46, 28 September 2011 (EDT)
- I know the difference - I was just typing faster in the comment section than my brain was working at that moment. But thanks for pointing that out. --SharonW 12:53, 28 September 2011 (EDT)
I realize you are probably rather busy at the moment, but I am planning on starting articles on Billy Idol and Don Henley (among others) in the near future. Would you be interested in doing tables for these? Thanks!--James Wilson 12:56, 28 September 2011 (EDT)
- If you can get me lists of the albums you want included in the discography, along with the dates, then I'll make the tables. Not a problem. --SharonW 13:34, 28 September 2011 (EDT)
- HERE is a discography of Meat Loaf from Wikipedia. Perhaps create one of his albums, excluding compilations and those types of albums. Thanks! Also, I am working on adding information on Elvis Presley, such as descriptions of all of his movies, but it appears that the movie templates are a bit big. I will obviously add more info, but they still will probably be disproportionate when I finish them (he starred in 33 movies).--James Wilson 14:06, 28 September 2011 (EDT)
Hi Sharon. I replied to your most recent comment on my talk page. I mentioned this within my reply as well, but when we continue this discussion, it might be best to do so by email because of my connection problems. The full explanation is on my talk page. Thank you! Kevin Davis Talk 14:41, 1 October 2011 (EDT)
Sharon, I understand your annoyance at Conservative' behaviour. But I'm concerned that he's either genuinely ill or a super-parodist. Either way, I feel it's up to Andy Schlafly to deal with him, e.g. stopping him from editing until he's calmed down. I've decided it's best to ignore him and not to respond to his provocation. "Don't feed the troll", as they say. Someone who knows the guy should really see if he needs medical help. Kind regards, Khalid. KhalidM 16:41, 6 October 2011 (EDT)
Sorry Sharon; I know it was a childish thing to do. --MikeCoyle 18:26, 6 October 2011 (EDT)
I was missing the word "no" to you in my last post to you on the main page talk page.
I was missing the word "no" to you in my last post to you on the main page talk page as far as a key sentence. It changed the whole meaning of what I had written. My apologies for any misunderstanding. Second, thank you for your recent kind words. Conservative 22:23, 6 October 2011 (EDT)
Hi Sharon. We all love Ken by the way - shame about the argument Andy and him are having about the rewriting of the bible. As JamesWilson would ironically say - you need to get a life. I laugh at your 'blocks'. (We've created about 40 accounts over the last few years - about twenty or so are still editing. One has recently been promoted!) I love yanking your chain! p.s. JENSEN is many people - You'll never really block him... Jensen
- Hi Jensen - glad you get a laugh out of the blocks. I'm not the only one who needs to "get a life", dear. You might want to check out your own activities. And really, you're not yanking my chain too much. You're behaving rather much like my teenage children. Kinda makes me feel at home, so thanks. --SharonW 16:15, 26 October 2011 (EDT)
Blocking policy improvement panel member - please give your feedback here
Blocking policy improvement panel member - please give your feedback HERE
Your assistance would be much appreciated. Conservative 15:07, 16 November 2011 (EST)
That was an error on my part, I guess. I wasn't really wording it right at the time I wrote it. DynaboyJ 15:27, 15 January 2012 (EST)
I reverted, and restored the info you added with minor tweakings. I think readers can put 2 and 2 together. --James Wilson 13:50, 6 July 2012 (EDT)
Moved those newspaper articles
I moved those newspaper articles. Conservative 15:55, 30 July 2012 (EDT)
- Thanks! SharonW 17:03, 30 July 2012 (EDT)
I generally feel that Conservapedia and Wikipedia should have about the same standards for coverage and inclusion. That is, all other things being equal, things that are worth covering are worth covering by both encyclopedias. Now, political outlook and the particular interests and backgrounds of individual editors can create blind spots, so some differences in coverage are inevitable. I saw the new Conservapedia article on the Paralympics and welcomed it. But I then asked myself the question, should Conservapedia's coverage be as broad as Wikipedia's. The answer is "no" because Wikipedia's coverage standards have been biased by paid editing. So, I included my findings regarding the source of the bias. Although the Paralympics are notable and worth covering, I think that they are over-covered by Wikipedia for the reasons I described. I don't want to distort my coverage just because they are getting paid, yet I see a need to explain the difference. I hope you understand my dilemma. Thanks, Wschact 14:43, 30 August 2012 (EDT)
- As I stated in my note, 1/3 of the article was about Wikipedia. There is very little in the history section, and absolutely nothing about either the sports or the athletes themselves. If you believe that Wikipedia is paying too much attention to the Paralympics, then put that in one of the many Wikipedia bias articles CP has. Quite honestly, I don't see what it matters how WP covers the Games. Are we going to include sections about how CNN, Fox, ESPN, ABC, NBC, the NYT, the Washington Post, etc., etc. cover them?
- And as an aside, if your intent was to show that WP put too much emphasis on the Games, then you missed your point. It actually read like WP shouldn't have put any emphasis on them, and how dare they hold a contest to cover them. SharonW 14:59, 30 August 2012 (EDT)
- Author's intent and the final tone coming across to a reader can be different. My point was that the APC was paying people to distort Wikipedia's coverage, and the people receiving APC's payments had envisioned an army of volunteer editors working away at paralympic coverage just by offering two tickets to London. In fact, only a handful of people entered the contest, and little content was produced by volunteers. I guess there is no graceful way of handling a situation where a contest is a dud and few people enter, but having the person that created the contest go to London with her significant other is probably the worst way. Thanks for the feedback. Wschact 15:15, 30 August 2012 (EDT)
Please remember to sign after you make a post in a talk page by entering ~~~~. Cheers Dvergne 22:39, 15 December 2012 (EST)