Hi Joaquín Martínez. Thanks. I have read it. Did I do something wrong in my edits? Thanks.
ISP use only
You will cease from using proxies to access the site. Karajou 03:05, 25 April 2014 (EDT)
- Maybe his IP address is blocked due to no fault of his own. Andy could unblock it if we had an email for him to write to as far as him giving Andy his IP address. Conservative 06:15, 25 April 2014 (EDT)
- I sent you an e-mail, my ISP's IP is blocked. I blanked my IP address here for security reasons.
From: To: email@example.com Subj: User_talk:TheAmericanRedoubt - Proxy due to blocked ISP address Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 06:07:00 -0600 Good morning User:Karajou and User:Conservative. Please unblock my dedicated IP address of __________.
I have been enjoying editing and contributing to Conservapedia (my favorite source for Conservative viewpoints-news-knowledge). However, early on after creating my user account (User_talk:TheAmericanRedoubt) my dedicated ISP address of ________________ was blocked and I was forced to sign up for a VPN- Proxy in order to even see the site. I get a "Error 118 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out."
No one else at my ISP uses my IP address since I pay extra each month to have it dedicated to just me. I have been with that ISP since Dec. 2013.
I would love to continue working on content. For now, as I peruse each article of interest, I just correct spelling errors-typos and adding hyperlinks or See Also as appropriate based on Conservapedia:Quick_reference and Conservapedia:Editing_article_and_talk_pages until I can slowly establish to you administrators my sincerity and respect for this great resource.
Thank you in advance for unblocking my address. God bless. Sincerely, User:TheAmericanRedoubt 17:09, 26 April 2014 (EDT)
Please place a lower priority on redirect pages and focus more on content creation. Conservative 06:10, 25 April 2014 (EDT)
Communist Party USA
I noticed that you added Category:Communist Party USA to several pages. Please bear in mind that Conservapedia Commandment #1 applies to categories, and take special care to ensure that the categories of articles about living people do not include defamatory or unsourced content. Thanks, GregG 20:36, 3 November 2014 (EST)
Thank you for the advice, I will keep that in mind. TheAmericanRedoubt
Sure JoeyJ, I'd be happy to help. Any guidelines? I searched under Conservapedia:Orphan_pages but couldn't find anything. Should I base my work on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Orphan_pages as generic advice? TheAmericanRedoubt 14:58, 1 December 2014 (EST)
- Thank you! Just take an article from Special:LonelyPages and link to it from another article. For example I did so with Biodynamic agriculture.--JoeyJ 15:07, 1 December 2014 (EST)
The proliferation of red wikilinks in your edits reminds me of the Walrus and the Carpenter:
- The walrus and the carpenter were walking close at hand,
- They wept like anything to see such quantities of sand.
- "If seven maids with seven brooms swept for half a year,
- Do you suppose," the walrus said, "that they could get it clear?"
- "I doubt it " said the carpenter, and wept a bitter tear.
- I have tended to sweep up after me the links I have generated in my 200odd thousand words of edits here. Who has the job of sweeping up the multiple links you are throwing around with gay (ahem) abandon? I think you should start sweeping, boyo, because, from bitter experience, I know no one else is going to do it. AlanE 22:29, 10 December 2014 (EST)
Article Creation for Red Links
Thank you Alan for your concerned advice and great Walrus and Carpenter quote. Being an amateur radio ham operator, I have a lot of articles on that I have been working on and will be pasting them in soon. The amateur radio area has been a big source of my new "red links" for article wiki-links. Same thing in the area of economics-finance. I do indeed intend to sweep up after my red links. TheAmericanRedoubt 22:43, 10 December 2014 (EST)
- Thank you. Appreciate the reply. AlanE 22:54, 10 December 2014 (EST)
See also and Contrast
Although I am only very new here, I don't think your see also and contrast with sections look very nice or add much to the articles. Having such info in an popup box like they have on some wikipedia pages might be a better way to go. Phil PhilH 02:43, 11 December 2014 (EST)
Thanks - Popup Box Suggestion
Hi Phil, thanks for the suggestion, I will look into doing a popup box nav bar instead. Thanks for the feedback. Welcome to Conservapedia. TheAmericanRedoubt 02:46, 11 December 2014 (EST)
NOTE to Fellow Editors and Admins: Over the next few days, I am working on a collapsible "See Also" navigation template for the diverse topics of the Internet security article I am also working on. The template will be based on the Template:Liberalism "look and feel" since it has a lot of topics in a small amount of "real estate". Also, please note that I plan to rapidly submit articles for the "red links". Thank you for your patience. TheAmericanRedoubt 12:10, 11 December 2014 (EST)
See Also for "Internet security" article
- Security Software and Security-Focused Operating Systems to protect unalienable Fifth Amendment - Fourth Amendment Right to Privacy (Internet privacy, Information privacy, Expectation of privacy) and Second Amendment - First Amendment (Freedom of information and Political freedom) rights against unconstitutional Gun control - Internet censorship Big government Police state, hackers, and "all enemies, foreign and domestic" of American liberty.
- Anonymity with Tails Operating System: Linux-based with Tor (anonymity network), Firefox Iceweasel browser, HTTPS Everywhere encryption
- Prism-Break.org: Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, ECHELON, XKeyscore and Tempora.
- Open Source Free software not over-priced tracking by Microsoft-Apple-Google-Android
- Privacy Search Engines: Duck Duck Go and Ixquick: Privacy-oriented Search engines instead of tracking by Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Internet Anonymity - Right to be forgotten Pseudonymity (Pseudonym) using Anonymous web browsing with Tails and VPN (Virtual Private Network), HMA, OpenVPN and IPsec , Proxy servers, Anonymizer (Anonymous proxies)
- Mozilla Firefox with Browser extensions instead of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari (web browser) and Opera (web browser)
- Ad Filtering (Privacy mode and Adblock Plus or Ghostery) to stop Ad tracking - Website visitor tracking via Geolocation, Geotargeting, Personally identifiable information and Device fingerprints
- Internet Safety, Computer Security via Password strength and Password managers via KeePass or LastPass and Antivirus-Firewall
- Secure Communication:
- E-mail Privacy and Email Encryption: Claws Mail or Enigmail or Kontact using Hushmail or MyKolab, Anonymous remailer, instead of tracking by Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird using Yahoo! Mail, Gmail iCloud
- Secure Messaging and Off-the-Record Messaging via I2P Instant messaging, Cryptocat, Bitmessage instead of Skype, Yahoo! Messenger, Internet Relay Chat, Google Plus, Facebook
- Silent Phone with Silent Circle instead of Android or iPhone Smartphone
- OPSEC: "Loose lips sink ships"
- Encryption: Encryption software, Disk encryption software, LUKS or TrueCrypt instead of Microsoft BitLocker, PGP and GNU Privacy Guard, Data encryption, Public-key encryption, Cryptography-Cryptanalysis-Cryptology-Steganography
- Peer-to-Peer: Sneakernet, Friend-to-friend, Darknet (file sharing), Anonymous P2P instead of BitTorrent
- Deep Web - Dark Internet: Tor, AmRD, Tor2web, The Hidden Wiki, Anonymous blog
- Cryptocurrency- Digital Currency- Alternative Currency- Virtual Currency: Bitcoin and Hard money-Precious metals-Tangibles versus PayPal, Google Wallet, Credit cards and inflation-prone U.S. Dollars: Federal Reserve System's Keynesian economics Ponzi scheme of Quantitative easing-Debt monetization devaluation of Fiat currency through Money supply-Treasury bills bought mostly by China and Japan
NOTE to Fellow Editors and Admins: I plan to do the same thing for the bottom of page collapsible navbar for for the diverse topics of the Amateur radio article and related articles I am also working on as a licensed ham radio operator. TheAmericanRedoubt 12:10, 11 December 2014 (EST)
Please do not edit this (without discussing it here first) until January 1, 2015. Thank you. TheAmericanRedoubt 21:36, 11 December 2014 (EST)
See Also for Amateur Radio
Here is the original topic list I am working on:
- Radio: Radio waves, Electromagnetic wave, Radio frequency, AM/FM, modulation, amplitude, amplitude modulation (AM), frequency modulation (FM), or single-sideband modulation (SSB), Shortwave, Two-way radio, Portable radio, Walkie-talkie, Citizens band radio, Family Radio Service (FMS), General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS), Multi-Use Radio Service (MRS), Motorola, Marine VHF radio, History of radio
- Amateur Radio: Emergency communications, Amateur radio operator, Call sign, Selecting a radio, Amateur radio glossary, Amateur radio repeater, Base station, Amateur radio frequency allocations, Amateur bands, Amateur radio station, UHF (70-centimeter band), VHF (2-meter band), HF, Morse code, Telegraph, Mobile rig, Radio codes and alphabets, QSL card
- Antenna (radio): Antenna theory, Portable operation (amateur radio), Dipole antenna, Antenna tuner, Homebrew antennas, Coaxial cable, Balun, Packet radio, Propagation, Protecting your HT Antenna
- Radio Standards Organization: Radio legalities, Amateur radio license, FCC, American Radio Relay League, International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- Satellite: GPS
- Cellular telephone: Mobile devices: Smartphones and tablets
- ↑ "Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical! We all have an unalienable right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary products and services."
Moved your general message to Conservapedians to the community portal
I moved your your general message to Conservapedians to the community portal located at: http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservapedia:Community_Portal#Message_from_User:_TheAmericanRedoubt
It will be seen by more people that way. Conservative 01:32, 13 December 2014 (EST)
Thanks, I didn't know about that http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservapedia:Community_Portal#Message_from_User:_TheAmericanRedoubt portal. I will spend some time on it. TheAmericanRedoubt 02:35, 13 December 2014 (EST)
- No problem. Glad I could be of help. Conservative 10:06, 13 December 2014 (EST)
Moved it back
I have "userfied" your material. "Userfication" is the process of keeping drafts of one's material in a subpage of their own user or talk pages until it's ready to be moved into mainspace. That (sort of) protects it from other people making "helpful edits" while one is working on it. It will also be safer from vandalism, though I assume you know that vandalism is easy to revert, since material is preserved in a page's history, and that, in any case, you can keep a copy (as I always do) on your own computer.
The userfied page is here: User talk:TheAmericanRedoubt/sandbox1.
The place to tell people about your experience in amateur radio, communications technology, computers, gardening, medicine, firearms, and survivalism is your own user page.
SamHB 10:13, 13 December 2014 (EST)
- Thanks for the help and clarification SamHB. Will do.
Workspace area for you
I created a workspace for your prepper material since someone deleted the material from the community portal.
Here is the workspace: User: TheAmericanRedoubt Prepper material
I hope that helps. Conservative 10:14, 13 December 2014 (EST)
- A lot of helpful people today! SamHB 10:16, 13 December 2014 (EST)
re: talk pages
Thanks for creating a ton of new material. We appreciate it.
Second, try to avoid creating short talk pages unless something needs to be discussed about the article. I created a workspace for you called User: TheAmericanRedoubt/IP camera
Again, thanks for creating all the new useful content about preparednesa and other matters. Conservative 16:49, 15 December 2014 (EST)
- Happy to contribute to this great body of conservative knowledge and become part of the Conservapedia community. "Roger" that on the talk pages. Will do. So then is there no need to explain myself via a talk page if I revert someone else's edits of, for instance, appropriately related Categories / See Also that I added? Just make the changes and re-add the deleted Categories and See Also? Thanks again for your guidance for me as a bit of a newby. TheAmericanRedoubt 16:56, 15 December 2014 (EST)
- I respectfully disagree with Cons's advice, and have posted something on the Community Portal on the subject. You most certainly should feel free to explain any reversions, or anything else, on the talk page of the affected page. That's what the talk pages are for. SamHB 17:10, 15 December 2014 (EST)
- The talk pages are for discussions and not for keeping notes. I thought you were using the talk page to keep notes. You don't need to use a talk page to explain yourself. Just need the talk page for discussions about the articles. Conservative 21:49, 15 December 2014 (EST)
Quote from PHIL on "wiki content" and "wikifying"
"You should wikify your content and contributions. Some of the stuff you have been adding, like the parts of the walmart and grocery store sections i removed have no place on a wiki or online encyclopedia. Phil PhilH 17:41, 15 December 2014 (EST)"
"A lot of the content you are adding seems to be rubbish, what is the point of adding new content if it rubbish? Phil PhilH 17:51, 15 December 2014 (EST)"
Response to PhilH
I respectfully yet strongly disagree with PhilH's comment on my User Talk Page and deletions of my contributions to Wal-Mart and Grocery store regarding "Just in Time" contributions and its ramifications. Conservatives are concerned much more than liberals with the stability of society and its systems of support. So, Just in Time is a key concept to understanding both the success and fragility of American retail and manufacturing.
My response to Phil's deletions of my Just in Time content and other statements
I have re-added this content since the main business model of both Wal-Mart and Grocery stores are predicated on the Just in time or JIT delivery system. Without it, Wal-Mart or grocery stores would not exist in anything resembling their current form.
If you wish to show how this is inappropriate on a Conservative Wiki Encyclopedia, then please elaborate, Phil. I can give you examples of other encyclopedia's and article on the Internet that address this major component of the American retail system. TheAmericanRedoubt 18:01, 15 December 2014 (EST)
Awaiting Response from User:Conservative or other Sysops
Since I have been spending and will be spending a lot of time creating content and you, Phil, seem to think it is "rubbish" and revert my contributions without any talk page discussion on the actual article page, I will await Special:ListUsers&group=sysop guidance, from User:Conservative or others.
Phil, as you said since you are "very new here", I am curious also to see what actual useful content you will be adding to Conservapedia rather than deletions and reverts. Special:Contributions/PhilH
TheAmericanRedoubt 18:25, 15 December 2014 (EST)
- Ignore trolls (rude people). You can try to reason with someone who is acting a little gruff. But no sense wrestling with a proverbial pig in the proverbial mud. Feel free to steamroll over people who persist in being rude. You can ask an admin to mediate or ban a rude person. 22:23, 15 December 2014 (EST)
Thanks for your recent contributions.
Two external link tips:
1. Avoid use of barelinks.
These are barelinks:
Instead format the links like this:
2. Avoid mentioning the link was featured on the main page because people finding articles of yours via the search engines or though social media are not familiar with with our main page news feed. In addition, news becomes less newsworthy as time passes.
Again, thanks for your recent contributions. We appreciate them. Conservative 01:51, 16 December 2014 (EST)
50% of a web articles credibility by web visitors is determined by how it looks. It may not be fair, but people do judge a book by its cover. Please do not use bare links. In the "See also" section of this article Constitutional carry, you have bare links. If you could please fix the formatting and not use bare links anymore, it would be appreciated. See discussion directly above about bare links. Conservative 04:37, 18 December 2014 (EST)
- I fixed the first bare link in your template. Please fix the rest. Conservative 04:43, 18 December 2014 (EST)
Thanks for the Mentoring and Support
Will do. Again, I appreciate the mentoring and support since, although I am very technical, I haven't done much Wiki editing in a large community context like Conservapedia. So, my over-enthusiasm may need to be reined in sometimes or at least given a format and guidelines. I have a lot of free time for the next 30 days while on sabbatical and spending many hours editing Conservapedia seems a good way to invest it to share my enthusiasm for the Conservative-Libertarian-Patriot-Prepper movement. TheAmericanRedoubt 02:00, 16 December 2014 (EST)
If you need help with how to do the edits in terms of formatting, I suggest two things:
1. Look how other people did the formatting on other Conservapedia articles.
I am currently working on some projects and January I will be even busier, so unfortunately I can no longer be of assistance to you. Best wishes in your future editing. Conservative 02:04, 16 December 2014 (EST)
Editing Privileges after 12:30 PM PST?
Got it. Regarding Editing Privileges after 12:30 PM Pacific Standard Time: Would you please tell me who do I talk to and how do I request such privileges?
TheAmericanRedoubt 02:14, 16 December 2014 (EST)
- User: Aschlafly grants night editing. Conservative 03:10, 16 December 2014 (EST)
- Lovely. Thank you and Merry Christmas! TheAmericanRedoubt 03:12, 16 December 2014 (EST)
re: quick note about sacramento talk page and other talk pages
I just wanted to be polite to you and explain something. I deleted the Sacramento talk page because the editor who deleted the material was a liberal editor who formerly edited some time ago.
If you are likely posting to a talk page to someone who is no longer going to be working with you on the article, there is no need to use the talk pages.
Keep the good work. We appreciate all your efforts. You are really doing a lot of wiki work. 23:07, 17 December 2014 (EST)
- Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense he was a liberal since he seemed upset at what I was posting about gun control and I felt obligated to justify it to him since he thought I was posting "rubbish" (in his words) about gun control and Second Amendment so much. Please see Talk:Free_state to see what I mean. I have a lot of time to invest in editing/contributing to Conservapedia for at least the next 30 days, so thanks for the encouragement. TheAmericanRedoubt 00:58, 18 December 2014 (EST)
In the next 10 days, I am going to try to get you night editing privileges
In the next 10 days, I am going to try to get you night editing privileges. I hope you get them. Conservative 23:11, 17 December 2014 (EST)
- You have night editing privileges now. Enjoy! Conservative 00:51, 18 December 2014 (EST)
I am going to endeavor to get you picture uploading rights
I am going to endeavor to get you picture uploading rights. You just need to promise to not upload copyrighted material and just upload pictures that are in the public domain, under a Creative Commons share license, etc. Conservative 14:41, 19 December 2014 (EST)