War on Women
- See also: Left-wing war on women
"War on Women" is a campaign narrative crafted and promoted by the Democrat Party for the 2012 and 2014 election cycles. Logical responses might be to complain about the Democrats' "War on Marriage," "War on Family," "War on Working People," "War on Jobs," "War on Religion," "War on Children," etc. But "Brown's continued strength in Massachusetts should alarm Democrats banking on demonizing those on the right as complicit in a 'war on women.' Even many voters in the bluest-of-blue state of Massachusetts aren’t buying this line."
2012 presidential election
When the "War on Women" catchphrase began going into the 2012 presidential election, Barack Obama was polling in the high 40s. A few weeks later, the War on Women angle appeared to be backfiring as Obama's polling numbers drifted into the low 40s. Still, the Lamestream media is trying to keep the Liberal demagoguery alive in the news cycle.
2014 midterm elections
The Democrats used the "War on Women" catchphrase again going into the 2014 Midterm Elections. The narrative failed massively for the party, as it suffered a major defeat to the GOP in the general election. The Obama Administration abandoned its social issues-focused "War on Women" strategy due to the defeats.
Recently, contraception was made an issue by liberals during the televised presidential debates. Liberal debate hosts would pepper the candidates with meaningless contraception questions when there wasn't any public outcry. Soon thereafter, Obamacare mandates that Catholic organizations provide contraception and the issue became national, with most of the public in opposition. The bottom line is that Democrats are pushing a narrative, that is—they claim to fight for women against the "anti-women" GOP.
Next came contraception discussions on Capitol Hill. House Democrats were livid over the GOP scheduling only men on a panel describing the issue of contraception. Many sympathetic liberals in the Lamestream media picked up the story. They did not include the fact that this was a morning hearing and that the afternoon hearing scheduled women for the panel. The Democrat narrative was framed, hearings by an uncaring GOP.
Rush Limbaugh–Sandra Fluke controversy
The latest issue involves yet another Democrat prop. Democrats have been pushing to have testimony from Sandra Fluke on contraception issues. Denied several days by Republicans to speak, Democrats managed to have her give public testimony. Fluke claimed it is expensive for contraception and wants her university to pay. Rush Limbaugh weighed in surmising that the Democrat prop, Sandra Fluke, wants taxpayers to pay for her to have sex, aka a slut. Liberals everywhere would rally around Fluke and demonized Limbaugh. Andrea Mitchell of MSNBC would interview Fluke with the headline "War on Women", decrying those "mean" Republicans. The DNC demanded that the Republican leadership distance themselves from Limbaugh's remarks and many have. Mr. Limbaugh would go on to issue an apology to Ms. Fluke, stating: "My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices".
- 'A War on Women' - Planned Parenthood's Cecile Richards on GOP's Assault on Reproductive Rights, Newsvine, Feb 16, 2011
- OBAMA'S "WAR ON WOMEN" BACKFIRES, Breitbart.com, March 12, 2012
- “WAR ON WOMEN” IS ALREADY OVER, Catholic League, March 13, 2012
- Not Even Trying to Hide it: MSNBC Graphic Derides GOP 'War on Women', Newsbusters.org, March 13, 2012
- NBC Keeps Up Drumbeat of GOP 'War Against Women's Health' Newsbusters.org, March 21, 2012
- McTague, John; Deckman, Melissa (November 26, 2014). Why the ‘war on women’ failed in 2014. The Washington Post. Retrieved November 24, 2017.
- Lewis, Matt K. (November 5, 2014). The other casualty of the 2014 midterms: The war on women. The Week. Retrieved November 24, 2017.
- Schow, Ashe (November 5, 2014). Sandra Fluke loses the war on women. Washington Examiner. Retrieved November 24, 2017.
- Hemingway, Mollie (November 6, 2014). Democrats Must Accept That This Year’s ‘War On Women’ Was A Disaster. The Federalist. Retrieved November 24, 2017.
- Berry, Susan (November 6, 2017). Susan B. Anthony List: 'War on Women' Strategy Is Dead. Breitbart News. Retrieved November 24, 2017.
- Ertelt, Steven (January 26, 2015). Obama Administration Abandons “War on Women” After Massive Failure in 2014. LifeNews.com. Retrieved November 24, 2017.
- ABC's Stephanopoulos Defends Contraception Line of Questioning from Debate, MRC, January 12, 2012
- Poll: Most back exemption to HHS mandate, Townhall, March 13, 2012
- The war on women and contraception, The Examiner, February 18, 2012
- Breaking: Sandra Fluke Exposed As Fraud, Activist, Possible White House Operative – With Video, PatDollard.com, March 2, 2012