Dr. Jonathan Wells is a biologist who objects to the way evolution is taught in America. His book, Icons of Evolution, criticizes ten major distortions of science which evolution advocates and especially biology textbooks use to support standard evolutionary theory.
Wells, a prominent advocate of intelligent design, is a senior fellow at the Discovery Institute's Center for Science & Culture.  Dr. Wells has obtained two Ph.D.s. - one in molecular and cell biology from the University of California at Berkeley, and the other in religious studies from Yale University.
In the late 1970s, Wells decided through his studies, conversations with God, and prayer to devote his life to destroying Darwinism.
- Jonathan Wells. Charles Hodge's Critique of Darwinism: An Historical-Critical Analysis of Concepts Basic to the 19th Century Debate. (Edwin Mellen Press, April 1988.) ISBN 0889466718
- Jonathan Wells and William A. Dembski How to be an Intellectually Fulfilled Atheist (Or Not). (Intercollegiate Studies Institute, October 28, 2008) ISBN 1933859849
- Jonathan Wells, Icons of Evolution. (Regnery Publishing, 2000) ISBN 0-89526-276-2
- Jonathan Wells, The Politically Incorrect Guide to Darwinism and Intelligent Design. (Regnery Publishing, 2006) ISBN 1-59698-013-3
- Jonathan Wells and William A. Dembski. The Design of Life. (Foundation for Thought and Ethics, 2007) ISBN 0980021308