World History Homework Eight Answers - Student 2
Aran M. 1. Whom do you appreciate the most from the Enlightenment, and why?
2. Explain what the Scientific Revolution was.
3. Some say that Isaac Newton was the most influential person in world history after Jesus Christ. What is your view? Explain.
I would argue that Mohammed is the second most influential person in the world. This is due to him starting the religion of Islam this is a negative influence what a great influence still.
- Interesting choice and reason!
4. Describe an aspect of the Age of Exploration.
In 1584 Sir Walter Raleigh embarked on an expedition to claim land for a England and the new world. Raleigh’s expedition was aimed at the area known as Virginia. And the new world Walter Rollin landed in the outer banks of North Carolina (Virginia at the time) and established a colony on Roanoke Island. This colony was very successful in establishing communication with the local Algonquian Indians. And 1587 three years later captain John White left the Roanoke calling to return to Britain for supplies. Upon his return in 1590 the colony of Roanoke had mysteriously vanished. To this day it is still unknown what happened to the colonists but is thought that they are attacked by either Indians or pirates.
- Terrific answer.
5. What were the nation-states? Give an example as part of your answer.
Nation-states Merck countries that developed in Europe that ruled by an absolute monarchy. A few of these nation-states include: England, France, Spain, Portugal and Prussia.
- Excellent answer.
6. The "invisible hand" was discovered and explained by whom? Discuss, including when, why, the effect, and the name of the work.
7. Write an essay about any aspect of the lecture.
8. Explain how the American colonies fit into part of world history in the lecture.
9. Add 3 terms to the Study Guide (or 5 terms to earn credit for two questions).
England – An imperialistic nation-state based out of the British isles off the coast of Europe. England was also the largest noncontiguous empire in history.
Age of exploration – A time period where nation-states in Europe (mainly England France Portugal and Spain) embarked on expeditions to far lands. The American continents were found during this period.
Nation-state – A country in Europe governed by a monarch. These began to develop in the 1400s the largest Three being England, France and Spain.
Monarch –The absolute ruler of a Nation-state who is above the law.
Capitalism – An economic system that private companies own all capital goods and sell them at a competitive price. This system is almost always successful until excessive government prevails.
- Superb terms and descriptions.
- Excellent work! Grade: 50/50.--Andy Schlafly 21:51, 9 November 2011 (EST)