World History Homework Five Answers - Student 15
1. When Roman Empire collapsed, the church took over the empire and created the Holy Roman Empire, they then placed The franks at the head of it.
- Good, but several hundred years passed. It would help if your answer had more specificity, but you do explain the general idea.
2. Charles the Hammer whose real name was Charles Martel, united the Christian people to fight the Muslims. He stopped the Muslims in Spain and saved Europe.
4. Feudalism in Europe was had many levels. The lowest level was the serf. The serfs grew the crops on Land called a fief owned by The lord. The lord fed the serfs for their work and defended them with his knights. The lord also owed his allegiance to the king who led the whole country and led the army of the lords against other kings and their armies.
9. The Carolingian Court was Charlemagne's government, he ushered a new age of scholarly achievements and academic advancement.
- Grade: 40/40. Well done.--Andy Schlafly 17:07, 16 October 2011 (EDT)