World History Homework Five Answers - Student Four
1. Submission to Allah Pray to Allah five times a day while facing Mecca Fast during the entire month of Ramadan Donate to the poor Make a pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in a lifetime
- Correct, but note that the fast is just from sunrise to sunset each day.
2. One of the main differences between Christianity and Islam is: Islam is an aggressive religion that converts people to Islam through force. Whereas Christianity converts people by showing them God’s love for them.
3. Charles the Hammer is my favorite. Because he defeated the Muslims and prevented Islam from being spread to Europe.
- Good again.
4. Feudalism was beneficial because it provided incentive for the workers. The serfs worked for the lord, and he benefited from the wealth that was produced. The lord in turn, provided protection and supplies for the surfs.
- Excellent, may use as a model. (note: "serfs", as you said it the first time).
5. Shiite Muslims are more extreme in their beliefs and are more hostile towards Westerners. Sunni Muslims are less extreme and friendlier towards Westerners. One country that is controlled by the Shiites is Iran, and a country that is controlled by the Sunnis is Saudi Arabia.
- Correct again, could use this as a model.
6. The countries that have a muslim population, are either mostly muslim or have very few muslims.
- Right, but why is that?
7. The Maya civilization had a very advanced knowledge of mathematics, astronomy, and language. But there religious rituals were very primitive and wrong. The Toltecs were a violent civilization, who were great fighters, but were later killed off by the Aztecs. The Aztecs adopted the knowledge of other civilizations and became even more warlike than other civilizations, and sacrificed people with a greater ferocity. The Incas were the largest civilization that were good at farming and used irrigation. They did sacrifice humans, but animal sacrifice was more popular. The Incas declined because of a civil war, and were later conquered by the Spanish.
- Well done.
- Excellent work! 70/70.--Andy Schlafly 19:12, 7 March 2009 (EST)