World History Homework Five Answers - Student Seven
American History Homework 5 James G.
1. The five pillars of Islam are to 1) submit to allah. 2) pray to allah five times a day while facing Mecca. 3) fast for the entire month of Ramadan. 4) give to the poor. 5) before death, make a pilgrimage to Mecca.
- Correct, but note that the fast is only during daylight hours.
3. Charles the Hammer was a champion among men. As the Muslims were rampaging through Spain laying waste to all in their path, he united the men of Gaul and faced the invaders. Truly the hand of God guided him as he crushed the followers of the false god and defended Christian Europe.
- Explained well and your writing style is effective!
H3. Chivalry is a rare pleasure in this time and age. The code of chivalry can bring great respect to someone and is a clear expression of Christian ideals following the great commandment “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. Chivalry is not just a code but a lifestyle of being respectful of others.
- Very well put. Note, however, that chivalry mostly concerns dealings with the opposite gender, or towards older people, one has to think beyond one's own situation. In other words, a man may not mind if someone else doesn't open the door for him, but that view is not going to guide him towards being chivalrous.
H6. The only religions that can attest to relying on faith are Christianity and Judaism.
- OK, but note that there are few references to faith in the Old Testament, and virtually no references there as it is used in the New Testament.
H2. Democracy is possible in the Middle East if the people are willing. As it is right now the teachings of Islam don’t encourage people to advance in this life and this keeps the people from taking the initiative to choose wise and strong leaders.
- Good point, may use as a model answer.
- Well done! But you only answered 5 questions! Where are the other two answers? 50/70.--Andy Schlafly 19:56, 7 March 2009 (EST)