World History Homework Five Answers - Student Ten
March 4, 2009
Homework Assignment 5
1. The Five Pillars of Islam are submitting to one god, praying to Allah five times a day, fasting for an entire month, donating to the poor, and taking a pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in their lifetime.
- Excellent, but note that the fasting is during only the daylight hours.
2. Islam and Christianity are different in Islam has a military viewpoint in addition to its five pillars. Christianity requires to love God and everyone, and to obey the Ten Commandments. The god of Christianity is a forgiving god.
- Excellent, may use as a model.
3. My favorite is Charlemagne. He was smart, clever, and he earned respect. He lead the country to prosperity instead of downfall (like America).
4. If had been a lord or vassal I probably would have like having people work for me. Being a vassal was probably very hard. You worked a master and that was pretty much you entire life.
- "worked FOR a master" is what I think you meant. Excellent otherwise.
5. The Sunnis are friendlier to everyone, while the Shiites hate anyone outside of their religion. The Sunnis are Arab, while the Shiites live mostly in Iraq and Iran. The Shiites have more violent ceremonies, while the Sunnis are calmer about their ceremonies.
- Your first sentence is overstated. The differences are more about style, as your last sentence makes clear.
6. The population of Muslims is mostly only on the Eastern part of the world. Maybe it’s too much desert.
- Good humor!
7. Four major South American tribes are the Aztecs, the Incas, the Mayans, and the Toltec’s. The Mayans, also known as “the Greeks of the New World” used a yearly solar calendar, knew some astronomy and mathematics, and they knew how to entertain themselves. The Mayan religion was polytheistic and they would sacrifice their children to their gods. The Toltec’s lived in northern Mexico and they were nomadic. The Aztecs had their calendars and entertainment, but they were more warlike. They lived in Mexico. Like the Egyptians, they constructed magnificent pyramids and temples. The Incas lived in the Andes Mountains. They had great roads, messengers, and soldiers.
- Good answers. 70/70. Well done!--Andy Schlafly 20:24, 7 March 2009 (EST)