World History Homework Four Answers - Student 14
1. My favorite Emperor of Rome would have to be Augustine, He was able to stabilize the empire after the chaos of Julius Caesars Death, he began the period of the Pax Romana.
- Good choice, but I think you mean Augustus Caesar, not "Augustine" (who usually refers to St. Augustine, an early Church scholar). (Minus 1).
4. The Pax Romana was period of time during the reign of the Romans from 27 BC to 180 A.D. it was time of complete peace throughout the empire.
5. Hannibal was one of the greatest Generals of the Ancient times. He dared to challenge the mighty Romans and was succesful in his efforts. He was a master tactician and strategist, his army was often at times weaker than the Romans but because of his brilliance he would prevail and cause massive devastation to their armies. The one reason why he was unable to finally conquer Rome was that he was slowly bled of men and supplies as he was so far from Carthage. Hew was finally defeated by Scipio Africanus at the battle of Zama.
- Excellent explanation with good detail. (Note spelling: "successful", not "succesful")
H2 Of the two I think that the roman Legions were more influential than roman law. It is one thing to create a law but it is another to enforce it. The legions conquered new lands and enforced the law in hostile lands like Israel and Britain.
- Superb point. I think you're right.
H4 The decline of the Roman Empire has many causes. The two foremost in my mind were Christianity and the decay of the Roman Nobility. Christianity made rome too peaceful they were unable to fight with past vigor because of the christian way of peace. Also the Emperors and nobles of rome cared for little except Parties and wine. Without and leadership Rome quickly fell into decline.
- Very good.
- Superb answers. Grade: 50/50.--Andy Schlafly 23:30, 8 October 2011 (EDT)