World History Homework Four Answers - Student Nine
February 26, 2009
Homework Assignment 4
- Superb, may use as a model.
2. The Roman Republic was formed in 509 B.C. It was a government of the people. The people voted in the members of the senate to vote upon law and decisions. The Roman Empire started in 83 B.C. It basically took away the power from the senate and gave it to one man, the Caesar.
- Your date is too early for the founding of the Roman empire. Usually the date given is 27 B.C., or at the earliest 44 B.C. (Minus 1).
3. The Byzantine Empire had more religion then the Roman Empire. They Byzantine Empire was also better equipped militarily and economically.
4. Since Latin was a language that required less words to be spoken to mean something, there was probably a lot less talking going on in general in Rome. More people were probably quiet, and seldom spoke. People who speak English have become used to saying many words to make someone understand something. I would not learn a whole new language just to say more things in less words.
5. The Pax Romana was the greatest time in the Roman Empire(27 B.C. to A.D. 180). In English, Pax Romana means Roman peace. During this period, the Romans ended their civil war.
6. In the Roman empire, the leaders started to want to get into power for their self interests. This is happening today in America. Especially with Senators and Congressmen, they will say stuff to get elected and then rule for their self interests. There is one big difference though between the Roman Empire and the United States. The Roman Empire conquered other lands and ruled them, while the United States does not conquer other lands, unless attacked, but tries to defend a good number of them.
- Excellent, may use as a model!
7. Up to this point in world history, God had been paving the way for the birth of Christ. The Greeks established a common language throughout the world. The Romans build great roads to make traveling easier.
- Superb, could use this as a model also.
- Terrific insights. 69/70. Well done.--Andy Schlafly 09:21, 3 March 2009 (EST)