World History Homework One Answers - Student 4
1. Which do you think was the most important invention, idea or law discussed in the lecture? Include in your answer the "when, where, what, why and how."
I think Judaism was the most important thing discussed in the lecture. It is the religion of God's chosen people and was very important historically and still is today.
2. Pick one of the major ancient empires mentioned in the lecture, and describe basic information about it. Include in your answer a reference to how it compared with another ancient empire mentioned in the lecture.
Egypt: It was a large and important civilization existing since about 3000 B.C. They basically came up with written language, mathematics, geometry, and made the pyramids. They accomplished much, though Mesopotamia still invented the wheel.
- Could give more detail. (Minus 1).
3. There are several tables in the lecture containing various estimated dates. Pick one of those estimated dates and explain either why it surprises you, why you think it may be wrong, or why you know it is correct.
I think the date of the Flood of Noah is wrong. The Book of Genesis covers a large amount of time, thousands of years. I don't believe the flood happened that long ago, as the lecture says about 3300 B.C. I would see the date being more around 3000-2900 B.C.
- You might be right.
4. Either write an essay of at least 150 words in length on any aspect of the lecture, or add or fill in 3 important terms from the lecture for the Study Guide at the link above (mention in your homework which three terms you picked).
The three terms I picked are Nirvana, Moses, and Paul--JamesWilson 21:19, 2 September 2011 (EDT)
- Good start. Grade: 39/40.--Andy Schlafly 00:21, 13 September 2011 (EDT)