World History Homework One Answers - Student Three
World History Homework One Leonard G.
- Great attitude!
2.) The date of the Tower of Babel interests me. To imagine a time when one language was spoken is difficult to comprehend, but if language wasn’t created by God, we would probably be speaking in primitive grunts!
- Good humor. The entire episode of the Tower of Babel is a fascinating one which deserves more discussion and consideration. Good use of linking in your answer, by the way!
3.) Hammurabi’s Code was pretty blunt with its “eye for an eye” philosophy. It is similar to the Bible in many ways, including punishment for false accusations. Hammurabi’s Code was not perfect; however, it might have been too severe at times. An example would be persecuting a person who falsely accuses someone by accident. We must learn to forgive each other for the mistakes we may make.
- Excellent point about forgiveness, and its central role.
4) Mesopotamia, Egypt, Indus. China, Mexican Olmec, and Peru are the first major empires of world history. Egypt is definitely my favorite because of their amazing intelligence. Their communication wasn’t that great, but to see such great works of architecture and leadership simply amazes me.
- Superb answer. Will use as a model.
5.) The controversy of creation can actually be dated back to this time, even though some believe that creation actually happened millions of years ago. Creation has been one of the biggest controversies in history, puzzling even the most intelligent person.
6.) Egypt was divided into three periods, the Old Kingdom, the Middle Kingdom, and the New Kingdom. I love Egyptian architecture. To imagine the geniuses that were able to design such amazing structures that would last lifetimes!
- Good, but add the time periods to your answer. (Minus 1)
- 59/60. Superb start!--Andy Schlafly 22:39, 7 February 2009 (EST)