World History Homework Seven Answers - Student Eleven
1. The Renaissance started somewhere in the 1200’s. One place that the Renaissance could have started was at the fall of Constantinople when it fell to the Turk’s.
- Good insight about the fall of Constantinople. But you're a tad early on the starting date of the Renaissance - 1300s is more like it. Also, when did it end? Be sure to answer the question that is asked. (Minus 1).
2. Martin Luther was a law student. One day he was caught outside in the middle of a thunderstorm. Terrified after a bold of lightning struck the ground next to him, he prayed for protection and promised to become a monk if he lived through the storm. He lived through the storm and became a monk. He founded Protestantism in Europ on October 31, 1517, when he nail his 95 “Theses”)
- Good answer.
3. The Baroque was a style that painters began to adopt after the Reformation in Germany. Its motivation was that it appealed spiritually to the audiences, and it made inroads into Protestant regions.
- Excellent, may use as a model.
4. The English language went through three stages: Old English, Middle English, and Modern English. Today we speak Modern English. It began in the 1500’s.
5.Vietnam won its independence in 939. They have always been very fierce fighters. They also treated there with women with high respect.
6I would describe Obama as Machiavellian today because he did whatever it took to get into office. He might have said something one day and another thing another day.
- Superb, could use this as a model.
- Good work with several potential model answers. 69/70.--Andy Schlafly 09:23, 22 March 2009 (EDT)