World History Homework Seven Answers - Student Four
2. Martin Luther: who was he, what did he do, and when did he do it? Martin Luther was a catholic monk
3. What was the Baroque style, and what was its motivation? The baroque style was a style of painting that many people adopted after the reformation in Germany. It's motivation was as part of the Counter-Reformation by the Catholic Church it was made to appeal spiritually to the audience and to make inroads into Protestant regions.
4. Summarize the history of the English language.
5. Chinese dynasties (any one or all), Vietnam, Korea and Cambodia: take your pick and write about one. Vietnam: Vietnam: As of today, it has a large population of 84 million. Soon after the fall of the Tang dynasty in A.D. 9399, , it won its independence. From 1009 to 1225 the Lu dynasty of Vietnam ruled and established a capital at Hanoi. This remains the capital to this day. Always known for their fierce fighting skills, in the late 1200s the Vietnamese defeated three attempts by the mighty Mongols to conquer Hanoi. Historians today say that the way they treated their woman in Vietnam is way better then China.
6. Why did the Renaissance occur in Europe, and not in other areas of the world, such as Asia?
7. Current events: Who would you describe as "Machiavellian" today, and why? I would describe Barack Obama as Machiavellian! Lecture Seven states: "A 'Machiavellian' politician is a cunning person who will say or do anything if he thinks it brings him political benefit." This is exactly what Obama does. Making promises left and right, claiming change in every ones life, he flaunted his words endlessly, not caring whether what he said was actually true or going to happen. All of this he did in an extremely cunning yet appealing way, because he knew it would get him places. And in the end, it paid off with the reward of being the President of the United States.