World History Homework Seven Answers - Student Three
1. The Renaissance occurred from the 1300’s to the 1600’s in Europe.
2. Martin Luther was a law student who, after becoming a monk and reading the Bible, nailed 95 complaints on the door of the Roman Catholic Church on October 31st, 1517. He didn't think the Roman Catholic Church taught what the Bible actually said.
- Good, concise answer.
3. The motivation of the Baroque was part of the counter-reformation of the Catholic Church. It showed emotions, shadows and people. It showed normal people in religious settings.
- Excellent. May use as a model.
4. SUBSTITUTION: H1. - The English language is unique because it comprises of words from many different languages. With an alphabet of only 26 symbols you can make billions of words. Almost all of the letters are based off of straight lines with the exceptions of O, C, U Q, G and S. I think the reason English is so widely known is because of America shipping out goods to the rest of the world.
- Superb point about the use of straight lines. May use that as a model.
5. Vietnam became independent in A.D. 939. They were strong fighters and stopped three attempts by the Mongols to invade them.
6. Because Europe was mostly Christian at the time, the world had settled down from war and people had more free time.
- Good insight.
7. Barack Obama, because he approves of things, like the Fairness Doctrine, which is unconstitutional and immoral, which he wants to use to destroy all opposition to his ideas.
- Superb point about the Fairness Doctrine.
- Terrific work. 70/70. Well done!--Andy Schlafly 20:44, 20 March 2009 (EDT)