World History Homework Six Answers - Student Four
2. Who conquered the largest contiguous region in world history, and when?
- Correct again.
3. Which of these modern countries were able to establish nation-states in the Middle Ages, and which were not: Germany, France, England and Italy? France and England did, while Germany and Italy could not.
- Correct yet again!
4. Pick your favorite medieval architecture and describe something about it.
Gothic is my favorite because it is less rounded and more square. I like the tall spires with the square bases.
5. Pick one of the African kingdoms described in the lecture, and explain it.
The Kingdom of Kongo lasted from approximately 1000 A.D. to 1500 A.D., until the Portuguese came in. The area is now split into Congo and Angola.
- Well done. Using as a model.
SUBSTITUTE: H5. What is your view of the Crusades?
I think people should not be afraid of using the term 'Crusade', because it was in defense of the Holy Land and it protected a lot of innocent travelers. There is nothing honorable about the actions of the Muslims at the time, so the idea that they were innocent bystanders being attacked by 'evil Christians' is a hoax.
- Good analysis.
7. Current events: What was the biggest effect of the Crusades in the Middle Ages, and why do people avoid using the term "Crusade" today?
I think the Crusades were good, because they stopped the Muslim invasion that was heading for Europe. People avoid using the term 'Crusade' today, because of fear. The people are afraid that they will sound prejudiced. Now-a-days they are looked at as the bad Christians that invaded the Muslims, rather than the good Christians defending the Holy Land against the Muslim invasion. : )
- Well done again.
- Superb homework. 70/70. Well done!