World History Homework Ten Answers - Student 1
World History Homework
1. The Industrial Revolution was when England transformed its society from being farming based, to being powered by manufacturing and industry. My view of the Industrial Revolution is that without it, we would all still be farmers today. So I believe that it was a good thing.
- Good, but include an approximate date when it began: 1760.
2. Imperialism is the policy, practice, or advocacy of extending the power and domination of a nation especially by direct territorial acquisitions or by gaining indirect control over the political of economic life of other areas. In other words, its simply a powerful nation trying to control a weaker one. which I think is wrong.
- Superb explanation, with the fine addition of your own opinion.
3. Charles Darwin Developed the theory of evolution which states that over millions of years, a non-complex cell could evolve into a very complex cell. Like a worm evolving into an eagle.
- OK, but the punctuation and sentence structure could be improved.
4. Utilitarianism is a concept based on the work of John Stuart Mill that states that the government should whatever maximizes overall "utility." It basically says that you should kill one man so you can save ten.
- Your explanation is a concise description of the (bad) idea of utilitarianism. ("should whatever" -> "should do whatever")
- Grade: 40/40. Good answers.--Andy Schlafly 10:05, 20 November 2011 (EST)