World History Homework Ten Answers - Student 6
1. Describe the Industrial Revolution ... including your view of it.
The Industrial Revolution was the industrialization of the world. This included many factories being built in cities to mass-produce goods. I believe that the Industrial Revolution was overall a good thing, because it created the ability to manufacture things at a fraction of the cost that it would take to make them individually.
- Correct, but add the time period: the Industrial Revolution began in 1760 in England.
2. Describe imperialism ... including your view of it.
Imperialism is the influence or colonization by a larger country over a smaller country. There are four main ways that this can happen: Establishing Colonies – in this form the larger country has direct control over the colonies of the smaller country. Establishing protectorates – in this form larger country protects the smaller but it still has its own government. Sphere of influence – this is where larger country has unique trading rights with the smaller one. Economic imperialism – This is one larger country is replaced by a private business that takes control of a region. I view imperialism as a good thing as in most examples it benefits both the larger country and the smaller country. When imperialism is having a negative effect people of the country generally rebel thus ending the imperialism in their country.
- Superb answer, one of the best in the class.
3. Pick any aspect of African or Asian history in the lecture, and describe it.
4. Write an essay about any issue related to the lecture.
5. Pick and describe 3 terms (5 for credit for two questions) and describe them in the World History Study Guide from 1648.
6. Discuss the work of Karl Marx or Charles Darwin, or both.
7. Discuss classical economics or utilitarianism.
Classical economics is basically free enterprise with minimal or no government intervention. This theory also emphasized "From labor comes wealth" this is very similar to the "Don't work don't eat" policy of the Jamestown settlement.
8. Explain what nationalism is, providing an example.
Nationalism is the devotion to one's country and the exploitation of her interests over those of other countries and/or the world. Very nationalistic states include Germany, Japan and Italy. These three countries also later became the major axis powers in the Second World War.
9. Describe the history of Latin America for the time period covered by the lecture.
- Good answers. Grade: 40/40.--Andy Schlafly 11:46, 20 November 2011 (EST)