World History Homework Three Answers - Student 10
World History Homework Three
Answer any four of these six questions: 1. List the major ancient empires of China, including the time periods and major leaders.
The Ch’in empire, 221-206 B.C. It’s ruler was Prince Zheng.
The Han dynasty, 206 B.C.- 220 A.D. (with a brief interruption from A.D. 6-23) Liu Bang was the first Han ruler, followed by Empress Lu, seizing power from 195 until 180 B.C. Han Wudi was the Han ruler who served the longest, (141-87 B.C.)
- Good, but note: "its ruler," not "it's ruler."
2. List the major ancient empires of India, including the time periods and major leaders.
The Mauryan Empire, 322-185 B.C. Major leader was Chandragupta Mauryan, then his grandson Ashoka, who held power from 268-232 B.C.
The Gupta Empire, A.D. 320-467. Major leader was Chandra Gupta I, who has no connection to Chandragupta Mauryan.
3. Explain what this is:
The Taijitu or “Yin and Yang” is the symbol for Taoism, and represents a constant interaction between two forces in nature having opposite qualities.
- A bit incomplete: the symbol and the religion also emphasize harmony. (Minus 1).
4. Write an essay of 150 words or more on any topic related to this week's lecture, or enter 3 key terms in the Study Guide with descriptions. I did Ur, Shi, and Satrap
- Very good.
- Good work. Grade: 39/40.--Andy Schlafly 19:15, 4 October 2011 (EDT)