World History Homework Three Answers - Student 3
Answer any four of these six questions:
1. List the major ancient empires of China, including the time periods and major leaders.
Shang-1766-1122 B.C. Leader: T'ang
Zhou 1027-221 B.C.
Qin 221-206 B.C. Prince Zheng
Han 206 B.C. to 220 A.D. Han Wudi
- Good, thorough answer.
4. Pick one of the religions in this week's lecture and discuss it, including where it fits in as to popularity and influence among all the world religions.
Taoism was a popular religion in China and Southeast Asia. One reason it was popular was that it was readily compatible with the teachings of Confucius. It was a far more philosophical religion than major religions such as Christianity and Islam. It called for less government, and wanted harmony through the Yin and Yang.
- Could explain a bit more. (Minus 1).
5. Which intellectual insight or breakthrough discussed in this week's lecture is most important, and why?
The inventions of China, since we use them even today. Paper, gunpowder,fans, compasses, and the list goes on. We owe a lot to the ancient Chinese.
6. Write an essay of 150 words or more on any topic related to this week's lecture, or enter 3 key terms in the Study Guide with descriptions.
Another three terms were Eightfold Path, Euclid, and Hinduism. --James Wilson 13:21, 21 September 2011 (EDT)
- Good homework answers: 39/40.--Andy Schlafly 14:41, 27 September 2011 (EDT)