World History Homework Three Answers - Student Fifteen
1. Which do you like better, classical India or China, and why?: Out of the two I like India better. In India there are many different religious cultures, and the people have the freedom to believe what they want. Where as in China there is only one main religion and the people are expected to follow it or are otherwise persecuted.
- Excellent! Will use as a model.
2. What advantage did Buddhism have over Hinduism in converting people outside of India?: Both Buddhism and Hinduism have similarities, such as belief in Karma, Reincarnation, and much more. Hinduism is India’s main religion it is far more popular then Buddhism but Buddhism has less moral than Hinduism and is welcome to all which is why it is easier for Buddhism to gain converts.
- Terrific again.
3. The symbol is known as the Taijitu or more commonly “Yin and Yang”. It symbolizes Taoism which is a religion that eventually caught on in China and Southeast Asia. The symbol is used to describe how opposing forces are interconnected in the world.
4. What aspect or aspects of Hinduism have enabled it to survive for so long?: Hinduism is the oldest world religion, and is the most common religion in India. It worships a large number of gods many coming from other religions. The faith is very resilient to foreign beliefs, and the survival of Hinduism protected the Indian culture and way of life. I think the number of gods it worships has helped it last longer, other religions cannot come and accuse them of worshiping false gods because they are worshiping the same ones. Hinduism has been able to withstand both Islam and communism, and I think that’s one of the reasons why.
5. Describe and explain one or more of your favorite insights by Sun Tzu: Sun Tzu wrote the first military treaty in the 6th century, known as the “Art of Warfare”. It contained many insights, including my favorite, “To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.”
- Well done.
6. Take your pick, classical India or China, and list in chronological order the major empires along with their time periods.
The Qin or Ch’in dynasty: 221-206 B.C.
The Han dynasty: 206 B.C.-220 A.D.
Three Kingdoms: 220-280 A.D.
The Sui Dynasty: 581-618 A.D.
The Tang Dynasty: 618-907 A.D.
The Song Dynasty: 960-1279 A.D.
7. (a) Suppose you just heard about plans to build a mosque in Nazareth next to where the angel visited Mary, the mother of Jesus. What would your view be?: Well if the people owned the land it is their choice to do what the want with it. But I would be pretty upset, just because it is such an incredible place and has a lot of meaning. So I think it would be upsetting to see the Muslims come in and build their own place to worship there.
- Good, straightforward answer.
- Well done! Perfect, in fact: 70/70.--Andy Schlafly 13:35, 22 February 2009 (EST)