World History Homework Three Answers - Student Five
World History lecture 3 James G.
1) The ancient Chinese inventions of gunpowder, paper, and the compass were technological advances that impressed me.
- Excellent, may use as a model.
3) This symbol represents yin and yang, both opposites of each other for example good and evil, light and dark, hot and cold, and democrats and republicans. The symbol shows the perfect example of harmony that Taoists seek in the world.
- Good point, Democrats and Republicans! But what about the "harmony"??? Nice work.
4) Hinduism has survived so long because it is based on remaining content and enduring through which one will be “reborn” into a better life.
5.) "The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy." This statement by Sun Tzu implies one of the hardest and yet most brilliant strategies in warfare. A true warlord must first secure himself before seeking to purge his foe.
6) The dynasties of ancient China began with the Shang Dynasty, the Zhou Dynasty, the Qin Dynasty, and the Han Dynasty.
- Good, you might put some dates in there. (Minus 1).
7) The internet established (like the Silk Road) a way for people to connect and enrich each other.
- Terrific work. 69/70.--Andy Schlafly 21:45, 21 February 2009 (EST)