World History Homework Three Answers - Student Nine
Homework Assignment 3
- OK, with good humor.
2. Buddhism requires much less work as far as religion goes. Buddhism is less moral than Hinduism, and it welcomes all.
- Interesting point about "work", which does make a difference in its attractiveness to some. May use as a model answer.
3. This is the Yin and Yang symbol. It comes from the religion of Taoism. The Yin is the darker side while the Yang is the lighter side. The idea was to harmonize the light and dark.
- Good, but the "harmony" extends beyond "light and dark" to other aspects of life and nature.
4. Hinduism has a little bit of every religion in it. It does not say that something did not happen, but it accepts it and moves on.
- Excellent and concise.
5. I like the statement, "The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy." It says that you don’t fight a fight unless you know you will win.
6. The order is: Achaemenid Persians, Chandragupta Mauryan, Ashoka, and then Chandra Gupta I.
- Good, but needs some dates. (Minus 1).
7. A. My view would be that some Muslim wanted to honor the visiting spot of Mary and the Angel. He would probably get some people who disagree with him. But I believe that he would have the right to do so as long as he owned the land that he was placing the building on.
- Good point about private property.
- Good homework answers. Score: 69/70.--Andy Schlafly 08:54, 22 February 2009 (EST)