World History Homework Twelve Answers - Student Three
1. World War II: when, where, who and why? Explain.
World war 2 was fought from 1939 to 1945 in Europe and the Pacific. The leaders at the time were Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill who was Prime Minister of Britain, Hirohito who was emperor of Japan, Adolf Hitler who was the German dictator, Benito Mussolini the fascist dictator of Italy, Franklin Delano Roosevelt America's president and Joseph Stalin the communist dictator of the USSR (Russia). World War 2 was fought partly because Germany wanted revenge and because of the racist Nazi mind set.
- Excellent. Note: "mindset" is one word.
2. Compare and contrast communism and fascism, with at least two examples of how they are similar and two examples of how they differ.
Two things communism and fascism have in common are they both have dictators and they both require complete allegiance. Some of the things that are different are communism discourages accumulation of wealth wile in fascism wealth is power so it is encouraged and in communism there is now class differences, fascism has many.
- Superb, may use as a model.
3. Why do you think Hitler and his supporters killed so many people? Explain.
I think the Nazis killed so many people because of the theory evolution. the Nazis were trying to speed it up by killing Jews who Darwin said were a "lesser race" and were the same as animals.
- Did Darwin say that about Jewish people? The theory of evolution did play a big role among the intellectuals who supported Hitler's race-based killing.
4. H4. History does "repeat itself." Give an example based on the lecture.
You could compare Russia on its way to Communism to the U.S. today here is why:
-the government is buying up major industrial companies such as G.M. motors.
-the government is trying to pass socialist bills like the fairness doctrine.
-government is in control of transportation trains, .
- Superb answer.
5. H2. The "Enigma". Explain and comment.
The German enigma was a machine that created coded messages that the Germans thought was unbreakable. They were wrong because shortly after the allies found out it was Broken. i think the enigma was an amazing machine to be able to scramble the messages in to an almost unbreakable form.
- Terrific. I'm fascinated by this also. May use as a model answer.
6. How did technological advances or insights help the Allied forces? Be specific.
The British Sten Gun was a SMG (sub machine gun) that was invented in the begging of the war it was the British primary SMG of the war. Sten Gun
7. Should the United States have entered World War II in Europe? Discuss.
Yes. The US was right to enter World War 2 in Europe because otherwise the Nazis would have invaded all of Europe and Africa.
- Terrific work: 70/70.--Andy Schlafly 22:54, 2 May 2009 (EDT)