World History Homework Twelve Answers - Student Two
Note by instructor: I'll grade this when you're able to complete it. Thanks.--Andy Schlafly 23:39, 2 May 2009 (EDT)
1. World War II: when, where, who and why? Explain.
World war 2 was fought from 1939 to 1945 in Europe and the Pacific. The leaders at the time were Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill who was Prime Minister of Britain, Hirohito who was emperor of Japan, Adolf Hitler who was the German dictator, Benito Mussolini the fascist dictator of Italy, Franklin Delano Roosevelt America's president and Joseph Stalin the communist dictator of the USSR (Russia). World War 2 was fought partly because Germany wanted revenge and because of the racist Nazi mind set.
2. Compare and contrast communism and fascism, with at least two examples of how they are similar and two examples of how they differ.
3. Why do you think Hitler and his supporters killed so many people? Explain.
i think the Nazis killed so many people because of the theory evaluation. the Nazis were trying to speed it up by killing Jews who Darwin said were a "lesser race" and were the same as animals.
4. Discuss the effect of communism spreading to China.
5. Describe any aspect of the Cold War or the Korean War or the Spanish Civil War (with reference to Orwell, if you like).
6. How did technological advances or insights help the Allied forces? Be specific.
7. Should the United States have entered World War II in Europe? Discuss.