World History Homework Two Answers - Student 4
1. Ancient, or classical, Greece started around 750 BC when the first Olympic Games in 776 BC unified the culture after a period of the “dark ages” during 1100 to 800 BC. The Hellenistic Age began after Alexander the Great died in 323 BC and ended when the Roman Empire conquered Greece in 146 BC.
2. One of my favorites of Aesop’s fables is the story of the ant and the grasshopper because it reminds me that hard work will always ultimately pay off.
- Right. Good pick.
3. Plato (428-347 BC) was a student of Socrates who based his philosophy on the power of reason and logic. He wrote many works in the form of dialogues, including the Republic, and was also experienced in math and physics. Together with his student Aristotle (384-322 BC), they created the foundation of Western philosophy. Aristotle, however, based more importance on experience than reason, and covered in his writings the subjects of biology.
- Superb, could become a model answer.
Terms: Delian League, archons, satraps
- Very good.
- Grade: 40/40. Well done!--Andy Schlafly 16:26, 20 September 2011 (EDT)