The One-world Government is a utopian idea popular with liberals, globalists, and others on the left or far-left, in which all the nations on Earth will (supposedly willingly) abandon their sovereignty to the will of the United Nations or some other worldwide government.
Some people believe that U.S. President George H. W. Bush's famous "New World Order" speech was a clue that the insiders were about to begin their plan to establish the One-World Government. President George W. Bush helped allay these fears with his obvious contempt for the United Nations.
Many theologically conservative Christians believe that the Earth will be united under a one-world government, based on Scripture. In the popular Left Behind series, the Antichrist begins his plan by subsuming America into the One-World Government. This is based on the Book of Revelation.
Developments towards a one world government
This is an incomplete list of historical developments towards globalism and a one world government:
- Age of Exploration. Modern globalism starts to take root. (ca. 1400-1650 AD)
- Concert of Europe (ca. 1815-1823) – first system, at least in Europe, where nations meet together to resolve disputes and maintain a balance of power. A precursor to the League of Nations and United Nations.
- Adoption of the Metric System (mainly the 19th and 20th centuries) – standardized weights and measures essential for cultural and political unification
- Worldwide Time zones (adopted by most of the world by 1900) – economic and cultural unification essential for political unification
- League of Nations (1920)
- End of World War II. A dominant liberal world order now clearly exists (even though it could be easily seen at the end of World War I), at least among the Western nations. Much talk among Europeans and their leaders over a "United States of Europe"
- United Nations (1945)
- World Bank and International Monetary Fund established (1945)
- European Court of Justice (1952)
- European Union (predecessor founded 1957)
- European Court of Human Rights (1959)
- NAFTA (1994)
- World Trade Organization (1995)
- Schengen Area (1995), abolishes borders within the EU
- Eurozone (1999), single currency for European countries; other nations around the world seek to emulate it
- Donald Trump supports building a wall, but he is condemned as an extremist for doing so, even though the Chinese and Romans did it successfully (2015/2016)
- Millions of refugees pour into Europe. Leftist politicians want to fulfill their dream of a multicultural society rather than help refugees (2015/2016).
- United Kingdom votes to leave the EU, and yet the socialistic organization pushes further towards federalism
- United States gives up control of internet domain name system (2016)
- A Chronological History of the New World Order
- Does the Bible prophesy a one-world government and a one-world currency in the end times? GotQuestions. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- Hallett, Nick (June 29, 2016). Just Days After Brexit, EU Releases Plan For Further Expansion, An EU Army, AND Turkish Membership. Breitbart. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- Solomon, Howard (October 3, 2016). New era in Internet governance starts as US cedes control of domain name system. IT World Canada. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- Lieberman, Eric (September 24, 2016). Obama Admin Wants To Surrender US Control Over Internet To Global Bureaucracy. The Daily Caller. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- YouTube: George Bush - New World Order Speech - March 6 1991 - Part 1 Part 2
- YouTube: 1961 speech Eisenhower Warns us of New World Order
- What is the New World Order? GotQuestions. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- Should a Christian be opposed to globalization? GotQuestions. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- Does the Bible say the United Nations will have a role in the end times? GotQuestions. Retrieved March 18, 2017.