Yahoo! is an Internet search engine corporation and service provider of free, online email. Founded in 1994 by Stanford Ph.D. students David Filo and Jerry Yang, Yahoo! began as a hobby and has evolved into a leading global brand that changed the way people communicate with each other, conduct transactions and access, share, and create information. Yahoo!'s vision is to be the center of people's online lives by delivering personally relevant, meaningful Internet experiences. Microsoft partnered with Yahoo! in 2010, and the search engine now delivers results using Bing's search algorithm.
On May 16, Marissa Mayer (formerly one of "public faces" of Google) become CEO of Yahoo.
Quotes on Police State Search Engine Surveillance
- "The progress of science in furnishing the government with means of espionage is not likely to stop with wire tapping. Ways may some day be developed by which the government, without removing papers from secret drawers, can reproduce them in court, and by which it will be enabled to expose to a jury the most intimate occurrences of the home. Advances in the psychic and related sciences may bring means of exploring unexpressed beliefs, thoughts and emotions. 'That places the liberty of every man in the hands of every petty officer' was said by James Otis of much lesser intrusions than these. 1 To Lord Camden a far slighter intrusion seemed 'subversive of all the comforts of society.' Can it be that the Constitution affords no protection against such invasions of individual security?"
- Encryption: Cryptography-Cryptanalysis-Cryptology-Data encryption-Public-key encryption-Steganography
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Prism-break.org - Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora.
- Duck Duck Go search engine instead of Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Yahoo! Inc. - Company Overview
- Stock symbol: YHOO.
- "Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical! We all have an unalienable right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary products and services."