Adoption success stories
This is a growing list of adopted people who made an enormous contribution to society:
- Pope Alexander VI - Spanish Pope, 1492-1503 
- Johann Sebastian Bach - German musician and composer 
- Alexander Hamilton - one of the Founding Fathers and the first Secretary of the Treasury 
- Scott Hamilton - Figure skater, Olympic medal winner 
- Colin Kaepernick - adopted at only five weeks old by a new parents whose genetic defect prevented them from having healthy children, Kaepernick became a phenomenal quarterback in the NFL.
- Andrew Jackson - 7th President of the United States of America. Jackson's father was killed in a logging accident a few weeks before Jackson was born. His mother died when Jackson was fourteen; he lived with relatives for a year and a half after her death.
- Steve Jobs - founder of Apple Computers
- Jacqueline Kasun - great conservative and founder of Humboldt Pro-Life. Kasun "spent most of her childhood with her father’s parents", and moved back in with her father as a college student.
- James Michener - perhaps the most popular writer of historical novels in history, was adopted by a Quaker widow
- Thomas Monaghan - founder of Domino's Pizza and Ave Maria University
- Michael Reagan - adoptive son of President Ronald Reagan,
- Babe Ruth - first adopted and raised for years by a Catholic orphanage, and then (when he 19) by a baseball scout.
- Michael Steele - Chairman of the Republican National Committee. Steele was born at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland and adopted as an infant.
- Dave Thomas - founder of Wendy's
- Michael Oher - 2009 first round draft choice by the NFL Baltimore Ravens who was the subject of the Academy Award winning semi-biographical film The Blind Side.
- Faith Hill - famous country singer. Her husband had also been adopted as a child.
- Augustus Caesar - first Roman emperor, adopted by Julius Caesar.
- Hines Ward - NFL wide receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers and MVP of Super Bowl XL.
- George Orwell adopted a baby and raised him after his wife unexpectedly passed away, and this may have increased Orwell's growth as a conservative.
- Ronald Reagan (and his first wife Jane Wyman) adopted Michael Reagan, who became conservative.
- Bubba Watson, surprise winner of the 2012 Masters.
- Moses -prophet, legislator, judge, and leader of the Israelites 
- Jesus - adopted by Joseph of Nazareth
- Alexander VI (Pope), adoption.com
- Bach, Johann Sebastian, adoption.com
- Hamilton, Alexander, adoption.com
- hamilton, scott scovell Adoption.com
- Jackson, Andrew, adoption.com
- State Library of North Carolina, Andrew Jackson [1767-1845] 
- Humboldt Pro-Life, Jacqueline Kasun 
- U.S.News & World Report, 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Steele, by Danielle Burton, April 7, 2008
- The Blind Side- Trailer
- Moses, adoption.com