American Government - New Topics
Some or all of these new topics will be addressed when this course is taught in Fall 2012:
- Party organization and apparatus
- the Super PAC
- Party platforms
- Obtaining "the line" on the ballot in primary elections
- how candidates are nominated
- how the presidential race is shaping up
- forecasting the midterm elections
- the impact of the Citizens United decision
- concept of the "political machine"
- impact of referenda
- phone-banking and other approaches
- "get out the vote"