April Fool's Day
April Fool's Day is the first day of April and is known for practical jokes. The custom is believed to have originated in France in 1564 when New Year's Day was changed from April 1st to January 1st. Those continuing to observe April 1st were ridiculed.
The apologists Ray Comfort and Grady Scott have suggested that April 1st should be National Atheist Day, in reference Psalm 14:1, which states "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no God'."
Well Known April Fool's Pranks
- Taco Bell issuing a press release claiming the purchase of the Liberty Bell from the United States Government. The release also stated that National Landmark would be renamed the Taco Liberty Bell 
- The BBC "Panorama" documentary about the "Swiss Spaghetti Harvest", including discussion of the Spaghetti Weevil 
- A number of technology and internet based corporations such as Google routinely carryout such pranks by announcing fanciful new inventions on April the 1st.  
- Automotive Manufacturers routinely announce new "models" on April the First. 
- The New American Desk Encyclopedia, Penguin Group, 1989
References and notes
- Former Atheist Activist Patrick Greene Responds to Critics. The Christian Post (9 April 2012). Retrieved on 1 April 2013. “He also once threatened to sue "180" film creator and open-air preacher Ray Comfort for a bumper sticker produced by Comfort's ministry that suggested April Fool's Day should also be called "National Atheist's Day."”
- National Atheist's Day. The Christian Library (2000). Retrieved on 1 April 2013. “But what better day could one pick for National Atheists Day than April 1st, April Fools Day? The Bible makes this clear. "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good" (Psalm 14:1). The Bible says that anyone who denies God is a fool!”
- http://www.google.com/landing/nose Google April Fools Day Announcement 2013
- https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CEUQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nickburcher.com%2F2012%2F04%2Fbmw-april-fools-day-2012-ad-bmw.html&ei=Va5ZUZuRE46hiAfMtYGICQ&usg=AFQjCNFtdRzB6fXEmojpZDobAC1BwUi5oQ&bvm=bv.44442042,d.aGc BWW April Fools