Barack Hussein Obama
|Barack Hussein Obama|
|44th President of the United States|
From: January 20, 2009-Present
|Vice President||Joe Biden|
|Predecessor||George W. Bush|
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former U.S. Senator from Illinois|
From: January 3, 2005 – November 16, 2008
|Spouse(s)||Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama|
|Religion||see Obama's religion|
Barack Hussein Obama II, also known by the alias Barry Soetoro during his time in Indonesia (born August 4, 1961, in Hawaii) was elected the 44th President. Promoted heavily by liberals, as demonstrated by his unjustified receipt of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize, Obama won the presidency despite a short and unremarkable political career by campaigning on promises of "hope" and "change" against his listless opponent John McCain in 2008. In effect, that change has been an embrace of socialism and liberal policies. Barack Obama has been widely criticized by the American business community and others for his anti-business policies that are killing American jobs during a period of high unemployment. Former Democrat Presidential candidate Joe Lieberman endorsed Obama's opponent in 2008 and has declined to endorse Obama for the Presidential Election 2012.
Under President Obama's mismanagement of the economy, the United States Government's credit rating has, for the first time in its history, been downgraded from AAA to AA+, and poverty has increased markedly. By and large his policies to combat the recession, unemployment, slow growth, the deficit, and expanding national debt, have failed. Also on the domestic front, Obama passed an expensive health care bill in 2009 with no bipartisan support and 34 Democrats dissenting.
Fatalities in Afghanistan have more than doubled under Obama's leadership then in the preceding eight years combined, according to the Congressional Research Service . Against his own Defense Secretary's advice, Obama attacked Libya - a possible violation of the War Powers Act. After he announced the killing of September 11th mastermind and terrorist Osama bin Laden, the U.S. State Department warned of the increased risk to the lives and safety of Americans around the world. Bin Laden's death had negligible long term impact on Obama's approval ratings, as seen in Gallup's daily poll.
Obama's bizarre gaffes are frequent and embarrassing, but typically unreported by the liberal media. Obama offended Poland by referring to the Nazi death camps there as "Polish death camps." Later Obama apologized. When Obama visited England in 2011, he signed his name and added the date of "2008" -- the last time he won an election. He never explaned that one. When Obama read a speech from a teleprompter, as he almost always does, he repeatedly mispronounced the familiar military term of "corpsman" by sounding out the "p".
- 1 Early life
- 2 Illinois State Senate career
- 3 U.S. Senate career
- 4 Presidential Election
- 5 Presidential career
- 6 See also
- 7 External links
- 8 References
- Main article : Early life and career of Barack Hussein Obama
- See also : Barack Obama's Muslim Heritage
Obama ate dog meat as a child.
Obama claims to have been born in Hawaii to Stanley Ann Dunham and Barack Obama Sr. - who had married just six months prior - on August 4, 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Some contend that this story is a complete fabrication. After many leading conservatives including the leadership of this site and brilliant business man Donald Trump AKA "The Donald" called for Obama to release his birth certificate he did on April 27. Another American Hero Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Phoenix, AZ conducted an investigation of the Obama's eligibility and alleged that the "birth certificate" was a fake; however, no charges have been filed.
Barack Obama Sr. was not a citizen of the United States. At the time of Obama's birth, Kenya was a British colony, meaning that Obama Sr not only held British citizenship, but passed it on to his son. When Kenya gained independence, Obama and his father both lost British citizenship and gained Kenyan citizenship. Barack Obama was a dual citizen of the United States and Kenya until his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired in 1984, as he had failed to renounce US nationality and swear loyalty to Kenya. Despite having been born with US citizenship through his mother, it has been argued that as he was born with dual nationality, he is not a natural-born citizen of the United States, and thus constitutionally ineligible to become President.
The couple divorced in 1964. Dunham remarried Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian student. When Obama was six, Soetoro returned to Indonesia, and Dunham and Obama followed. He spent four years in Indonesia, before returning to Hawaii to be raised by his grandparents, Madelyn and WW2 veteran Stanley Armour Dunham. He would later attend Occidental College, Columbia University and then Harvard University for law school, where he would become the first black president of the Harvard Law Review. Also Obama is a socialist and a Muslim. Recently he instated socialized healthcare in the USA which will eventually lead to a Communist regime that resembles the Soviet Union. Expert economists in this field have also speculated that he is truly the anti-Christ. In the next few months Obama's secret police will start taking away your freedom. The bible makes this very clear. For example, Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. In order to have power over all of the people of the Earth this would likely require a One-World-Government.Obama talks about a New World Order in his Berlin speech that basically says Global Citizenship is required and not an option. Many people already see Obama as the "President of the World."
Illinois State Senate career
In 1995 Obama openly sought and obtained the endorsement of the Marxist New Party in his quest to be elected to the Illinois State Senate. He became the Democrat nominee and ran unopposed to win the election. Obama entered the Illinois Senate promising change to a corrupt system. He mixed often radical votes with more pragmatic agreements. Possibly one of his most radical votes was against requiring medical care for aborted children who survive the procedure - in fact the Illinois Planned Parenthood Council ascribed him a 100% rating for his consistently pro-choice votes. He was criticized for using the statehouse as a stepping stone for a more illustrious career: Steven J. Rauschenberger, a Republican, said prior to Obama's election as president: “He is a very bright but very ambitious person who has always had his eyes on the prize, and it wasn’t Springfield. If he deserves to be president, it is not because he was a great legislator.”
The statehouse was majority Republican, so the Senator was sometimes forced to compromise. He formed allegiances across party lines to pass campaign finance reform that banned most gifts by lobbyists, prohibited spending campaign money for legislators’ personal use and required electronic filing of campaign disclosure reports. Obama also helped pass a so-called “driving-while-black bill”, which required the police to collect data on the race of drivers they stopped as a way to monitor racial profiling.
Obama established himself as a chief spokesperson in opposition to the War on Terror during an October 2002 rally at Federal Plaza in Chicago organized by veteran Maoist and webmaster of Progressives for Obama, Carl Davidson.
Radical foundation and connection to William Ayers
- Main article: Radical roots of Barack Hussein Obama
In 1995 a cadre of like minded individuals gathered in the home of Weather Underground (WUO) terrorists Bernardine Dohrn and William "Bill" Ayers. Dohrn, along with Carl Davidson, are veterans of guerrilla warfare training in Cuba prior 1968 Democratic National Convention riots. Ayers and Dohrn have taken credit for, and never denied, bombing the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon and the State Department.
Ayers and Dohrn used their celebrity status among leftists to launch Obama's career. Ayers, Dohrn and Jeff Jones are authors of Prairie Fire: The Politics of Revolutionary Anti-imperialism, the title taken from The Sayings of Mao Zedong. The book declares "we are communist men and women." Ayers later jokingly, publicly admitted to ghostwriting Obama's book, Dreams From My Father and Obama was to appoint several openly avowed Maoists to prominent White House and Executive Branch positions.
U.S. Senate career
- See also: Barack Obama:U.S. Senate (2004-2008)
Following a failed campaign for the U. S. House of Representatives, Obama ran for the open Senate seat from Illinois in 2004 against Republican candidate Jack Ryan. He won the seat after Chicago media outlets The Chicago Tribune newspaper and Chicago ABC affiliate WLS-TV; together with candidate Jack Ryan's Republican Primary opponents, sought and obtained the release of the confidential and personally embarrassing records in his California divorce from actress Jeri Ryan, forcing him to end his campaign. Ryan was replaced by the out-of-state candidate Alan Keyes. Obama won over Keyes 70% to 27% in the general election. Obama spent very little time in the Senate - "frustrated by his lack of influence and what he called the 'glacial pace' ... [he began] running for president even as he was still getting lost in the Capitol’s corridors."
Obama frequently used the filibuster to obstruct the operations of government, voted against the minimum wage and debt ceiling increases, and recieved more than $126,000 in campaign contributions from Fannie Mae. The National Journal ranked him the most liberal senator in 2007.
- Main article: Barack Hussein Obama 2008 Presidential campaign
Democrats began calling for an Obama candidacy after liberals lauded his 2004 Democratic National Convention speech.
Campaign to be the Democratic nominee
The race for the Democratic ticket originally seemed Hillary Clinton's to lose, but was ultimately a close race between Clinton and Obama. Clinton would take a slim advantage in the popular vote, while Obama would carry significantly more states and territories. Obama's advantage with super-delegates over Clinton was about 2-to-1. Obama was able to attract the support of liberals by pointing out that he had come out against the Iraq War "from the beginning" whereas Clinton had voted in favor of the war in 2002.
Campaign for the Presidency
Obama campaigned against Senator John McCain in the general election. To the chagrin of Clinton supporters, he selected Senator Joe Biden to be his running mate, whereas McCain selected Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin. The Obama and Biden ticket would win the election, and Obama would become the nation's first African American president.
- See also: Barack Obama and Liberation Theology
One major dilemma that arose for Obama during his campaign was his connection to his preacher Jeremiah Wright. Obama and his wife (raised a Baptist) were members of the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, a chruch that embraced black liberation theology and its emphasis on empowering so-called "oppressed groups" against "establishment forces". This denomination was the first in America to ordain gays as ministers. Church pastor Jeremiah Wright had been making inflammatory comments and posting his sermons online for sale. These include the statement "G-d damn America," and in describing the September 11th attacks, "We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost." In addition, Rev. Wright blamed America saying "We supported Zionism shamelessly while ignoring the Palestinians and branding anybody who spoke out against it as being anti-Semitic."
In April 2008, after 20 years in the church, candidate Obama made public statements poised to set him at odds with the man who conducted his wedding and baptized his children. With the negative publicity persisting, a month later Obama ended the friendship, left Wright's church, and blamed the media. Obama claimed “It’s not fair to the other members of the church who seek to worship in peace...", and distanced himself from Wright's sermons as "a bunch of rants that aren't grounded in the truth."
- Main article: Obama administration
Under Obama's stewardship the United States has suffered the largest deficits in history and a credit downgrade from the rating agency Standard & Poor. However, during the Obama Administration the national deficit has increased at a much lower rate than during the Bush Administration. Most observers attribute the deficits to increasing benefits and welfare paid out on account of the Recession he inherited and has failed to end along with decreasing tax receipts. Standard & Poor decided to downgrade U.S. government deby after the debt ceiling debate debacle, where Congressional leaders refused to pass a bill authorizing borrowing to pay for the budget they had passed with much debate and controversy earlier in the year. Cynics have argued that rhetoric directed at the rating agencies about the issuance of AAA ratings to junk real estate bonds spurred the downgrade as a form of retribution. Ironically, the investor scare led to the flocking of investors to the safe haven of the Treasury bonds which had been downgraded, resulting in lower interest rates. As there are very few AAA bond markets, investors will likely continue to buy U.S. government debt for the foreseeable future.  When his economic stimulus program was adopted unemployment rose and stagnated in the 10% range,  leaving tens of millions without hope of finding a job.
Patrick H. Caddell and Douglas E. Schoen, writing in the Wall Street Journal, noted, "Rather than being a unifier, Mr. Obama has divided America on the basis of race, class and partisanship." The commentators also note Obama's approach to governance has encouraged radical leftists to pursue a similar strategy on his behalf. Mary Frances Berry, former head of the U.S. Civil Rights Commission, acknowledged that the Obama administration has taken to polarizing America around the issue of race as a means of diverting attention from other issues, saying, "Having one's opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness." Caddell and Schoen, who worked for President Carter and Clinton, respectively, further stated, "Mr. Obama has also cynically divided the country on class lines. He has taken to playing the populist card time and time again. He bashes Wall Street and insurance companies whenever convenient to advance his programs, yet he has been eager to accept campaign contributions and negotiate with these very same banks and corporations behind closed doors in order to advance his political agenda... President Obama's divisive approach to governance has weakened us as a people and paralyzed our political culture."
Obama's first act of office was to sign the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act - effectively nullifying the Supreme Court case Ledbetter v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., which ruled that Ledbetter had to have filed a pay discrimination suit within 180 days of the first time Ledbetter was payed less than her male peers; the law made corporations subject to suit within 180 days of each time the employee was unfairly paid.
On January 2, 2011, Obama signed the James Zadroga 9/11 Healthcare and Compensation Act. The act, which afforded 9/11 first responders who were sickened by the dust from the collapse of the World Trade Center health care and compensation, passed Congress after its sponsored agreed to scale down the pricing from 7.4 to 4.2 billion dollars.
Critics of the Obama administration have coined the word "Obamunism" to describe Barack Obama's socialistic and "fascism light" economic planning policies. Obamunism can also refer to Obama's ruinous fiscal policies and reckless monetary policies. As seen in his own actions, Barack Obama instructed his advisors to find loopholes that would enable the president to act as a dictator by pushing through legislation and increases in spending without congressional authority.
Nevertheless, budgets passed under President Obama have included the smallest average annualized growth of federal spending (1.4%) since before President Reagan. Federal spending grew an average of 8.7% per year during Reagan's first term and an average of 8.1% per year during George W. Bush's second term.
Wall Street firms and banks that were bailed out were among Obama's biggest campaign supporters. Therefore, the Obama administration bailouts of corrupt, unproductive, and reckless Wall Street firms was hardly surprising, and many argue that it was not helpful in making the United States economy more productive and prosperous by encouraging more risk taking through letting banks off with a slap on the wrist. Others argue that bailing out the banks kept credit flowing and prevented a much deeper recession and a total collapse of the financial system. The government will recoup some though not all of its capital infusions over time. A 2005 study found that government corporate bailouts are often done for mere political considerations and the economic resources allocated exhibit significantly worse economic performance than resources allocated using purely business considerations. Proponents of free market capitalism said Bernanke should not have bailed out failing firms and instead should have allowed free market capitalism to quickly recover as it did in the depression of 1920 without government intervention (free market capitalists assert that government intervention drags out economic recessions and depressions).
Top trend forecaster Gerald Celente predicts that the corrupt economic policies of the Obama administration will lead to a second great depression (Celente predicted the 1987 US stock market crash, the dot.com crash, the US 2008/2009 recession, and the collapse of the USSR in the early 1990s) and may lead to a "second American Revolution" (Celente predicted the tax protests that are now occurring in America). Celente also asserts that the costly and inefficient temporary short term methods that the Obama administration is using to alleviate economic problems in the short term (which is causing massive increases in Obama administration deficit spending) is only making matters worse and will not prevent the worse economic depression in United States history from occurring.
The Obama administration has been sharply criticized for its massive deficit spending and its reckless monetary policy via vast increases in the money supply, although inflation under Bernanke has been below the historic mean. Celente predicts that if a "second American Revolution" occurs in a peaceful and productive manner, it may include a third party movement of governance that will advocate a more free market capitalism approach to the American economy and a more strict interpretation of the United States constitution as far as the authors' original intent.
During what the White House billed as Recovery Summer, one half million workers per week continued losing their jobs. His signature legislative achievement, ObamaCare,has been found to be unconstitutional by several judges and constitutional by others, and is credited as a major cause of uncertainty, high unemployment, lagging job creation, and risk of a credit default crisis.
His 2012 Budget plan has been roundly criticized in the mainstream and liberal press as not a serious effort to deal with the nation's economic crisis.
- Main article: Obamacare
On March 23, 2010, Obama signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). The act had originated in the House of Representatives and passed September 17, 2009. The act was amended and passed the Senate prior to Democrat Ted Kennedy's passing along party lines - just a filibuster-proof majority at 60-39. In what can be construed as a de facto rejection of the bill, Massachusetts voters elected a Republican candidate, Scott Brown, who promised to vote against the bill, but another Senate vote would not occur. Scott Brown was also an excellent campaigner and judged to be a better candidate than his rival, Martha Coakley. He has since achieved one of the most moderate senate voting records, likely to avoid the anger of his mostly liberal constituency. After Obama made a promise to issue an executive order that would ultimately prohibit the use of taxpayer subsidies to pay for abortion services, the House of Representatives would pass the bill as it left the Senate 219-212, with 34 Democrats and all other parties dissenting.
Amongst other things, the act mandates that the population purchase health care coverage or face punitive tax measures, and on this basis has been constitutionally challenged in the federal courts, with mixed results (three courts have upheld the act, two have declared it unconstitutional); thus, the Act is likely destined for Supreme Court reviewal. Plans originally proposed involved instituting a universal public insurance program, that is, extending Medicare to everyone. The universal mandate included in the act was originally a conservative idea that was enacted in Massachusetts under Republican Mitt Romney. Its supporters note that having health insurance results in reduced costs in paying for treatment of uninsured and forcing people to take responsibility for their healthcare. Due to ethical constraints, doctors cannot deny care to poor patients, resulting in the hospital and the healthcare system at large bearing the cost.
Gulf oil spill
- Main article: Gulf of Mexico oil spill disaster
President Obama authorized offshore oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico stating, "oil rigs today generally don’t cause spills" and was widely criticized for his mishandling of the "worst environmental disaster in US history."
Don't Ask Don't Tell
- Main article: Don't Ask Don't Tell
Candidate Obama promised to repeal a policy that originated in the Clinton era that prohibited inquiries into military personnel's sexual orientation while also barring "out" homosexuals from serving in the military. Liberals expressed anger when time passed and no effort to repeal the law was seen; in fact, Obama's justice department, as part of their duty to defend all laws passed by any administration, filed a brief arguing against the Supreme Court granting a writ of certiorari to a gay soldier challenging the law (the writ was not granted). In response, the soldier, James Pietrangelo II, a former Army infantryman and lawyer, said, “[Obama's] a coward, a bigot and a pathological liar. This is a guy who spent more time picking out his dog, Bo, and playing with him on the White House lawn than he has working for equality for gay people."
On December 15th, 2010, a bill was introduced in the House of Representatives to repeal the law - it passed a day later by a vote of 250-175; it passed the Senate three days later 65-31. Obama signed the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010 on December 22nd.
The Pentagon itself could not immediately implement the repeal and questioned whether it would hurt combat readiness. Senator John McCain, the senior Republican on the Armed Services Committee, opposed the bill, saying "It may be premature to make such a change at this time and in this manner, without further consideration of this report and further study of the issue by Congress – for of all the people we serve, one of our highest responsibilities is to the men and women of our armed services, especially those risking their lives in combat.”
As Senator, Obama was highly critical of President Bush and promised change. As President, Obama has tripled down in Afghanistan, widened the war into Pakistan, multiplied drone attacks, bombed Yemen and Somalia, and started an undeclared NATO war in Libya. On presidential war powers, surveillance questions, Guantanamo, detention policy and habeas corpus, Obama has similarly stayed the course, or expanded Bush's precedents. In a speech on May 19, 2011 Obama fully embraced the Bush Doctrine of preventative war.
The New America Foundation, which tracks the strikes, has listed 23 raids since the beginning of April, 2011, all but one in Pakistan’s tribal regions of North and South Waziristan. A June 20 attack was reported in Kurram, an area north of North Waziristan along the Afghanistan border.
The drone program has become increasingly controversial as the Obama administration has expanded its use beyond the Afghanistan and Iraq wars. Lethal missiles have been launched from unmanned aircraft in at least five countries in addition to Pakistan: Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, and, most recently, Somalia. The military’s Joint Special Operations Command used a drone last June to attack what officials said were two senior members of the Al Shabab militant group on the Somali coast. 
Obama is commendable when he says he wants to avoid war. His policies, however, favor war by destabilizing the Middle East making it extremely hostile and favoring radical Islam over America’s ally, Israel, and American interests in the region... The president has chosen a very dangerous path for every American and one that promises great difficulty for Israel. 
By Obama's third year as Commander-in-Chief, over 1200 American troops died in Iraq and Afghanistan - significantly more than the number who died during President George W. Bush's term of office. And growing numbers of civilian contractors also have fallen. In the first half of 2010, 250 contractors reportedly died in Iraq and Afghanistan - more than the 235 military personnel who fell during the same period.
President Obama signed into U.S. law the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), only after his administration successfully lobbied to remove language from the bill that would have protected American citizens from being detained indefinitely without trial. After the legislation cleared Congress, the ACLU commented that if President Obama signed the bill it "will damage both his legacy and American’s reputation for upholding the rule of law," while executive director of the Human Rights Watch blasted the President for being ‘on the wrong side of history,’ noting that "Obama will go down in history as the president who enshrined indefinite detention without trial in US law."
Section 1031 of the NDAA bill, which itself defines the entirety of the United States as a “battlefield,” allows American citizens to be snatched from the streets, carted off to a foreign detention camp and held indefinitely without trial. As reported by Infowars.com, the bill states that “any person who has committed a belligerent act” faces indefinite detention, but no trial or evidence has to be presented, the White House merely needs to make the accusation.
- Main article: Afghanistan War
Obama escalated troop strength and defense costs in Afghanistan from $43.5 billion in George Bush's last year to $113.7 billion for 2011. Adviser to General Stanley McChrystal David Kilcullen wrote, "One of the big strategic shifts is the use of language now which talks about Pakistan and Afghanistan as the same theater. Now we talked about Af-Pak long before the Obama administration came about, but the public use of that term, and the description of it as the Afghanistan-Pakistan campaign, sends a new message to people about how the administration is going to think about Afghanistan and Pakistan." This became evident when, under the orders of Obama, a military SEALs team killed September 11th mastermind Osama bin Laden in Abottabad, Pakistan.
- Main article: Guantanamo Bay
One of Obama's campaign promises was that he would close the American detention center at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba - detainees would be flown to other countries while the ones awaiting trial would enter the American court system. Two days after taking office he signed an order directing the military to do so. But, in November 2009 Obama admitted that his self imposed deadline of January 2010 would be missed, and in March 2011 the president went back on his campaign promise, signing an executive order to create a formal system of indefinite detention for the prisoners.
In May 2012, President Obama promised Mexican President Felipe Calderon that his administration would assist Mexico in curbing drug cartel violence, which has led to 30,000 deaths in Mexico. "President Calderon and I . . . stand together against the drug cartels that have unleashed horrific violence in so many communities," Obama said on May 19. "Mexico can count on the United States as a full partner in this effort.
The Washington Post has reported however that White House officials stopped a requirement for gun dealers to report bulk sales of high-powered semiautomatic rifles commonly used by illegal drug cartels. Justice Department officials had asked for White House approval to require thousands of gun dealers along the border to report the purchases to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms and Explosives. ATF investigators expected to get leads on suspected arms traffickers. Senior law enforcement sources said the proposal from the ATF was held up by then White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel. Gun dealers have been required for decades to report the sales of multiple handguns to the ATF.
- Main article: Libyan uprising 2011
In February 2011, the political unrest that had spread through the Arab world showed up as protests in Libya. Colonel Muammar el-Qaddafi - leader of Libya for 41 years - responded to the violent activism with legible steps. The United Nations Security Council voted unanimously to impose sanctions, and later authorized all members to take action to protect civilians. Obama, acting without approval from Congress and at the beckoning of the United Nations, directed American forces to take out Libya's air defense system. Obama later said, "[I]f we waited one more day Benghazi, a city nearly the size of Charlotte, could suffer a massacre that would have reverberated across the region and stained the conscience of the world." Alan J. Kuperman - writing an editorial for the Boston Globe - suggested this statement was false, writing, "[I]ntervention did not prevent genocide, because no such bloodbath was in the offing. To the contrary, by emboldening rebellion, US interference has prolonged Libya’s civil war and the resultant suffering of innocents." Kuperman, a professor of public affairs at the University of Texas who authored a book called The Limits of Humanitarian Intervention, further stated that the rebels had tricked the world into thinking a bloodbath was at hand and that Obama had lied to the American people in order to act on this theory.
Gaddafi [never] threaten civilian massacre in Benghazi, as Obama alleged. The “no mercy’’ warning, of March 17, targeted rebels only, as reported by The New York Times, which noted that Libya’s leader promised amnesty for those “who throw their weapons away.’’ Khadafy even offered the rebels an escape route and open border to Egypt, to avoid a fight “to the bitter end.’’ 
However Gaddafi wrote to Obama:
Gaddafi said he bore no ill will toward Obama. "We have been hurt more morally than physically because of what had happened against us in both deeds and words by you," he wrote. "Despite all this you will always remain our son whatever happened. We still pray that you continue to be president of the USA. We endeavour and hope that you will gain victory in the new election campaign." The letter, dated 5 April 2011 in Tripoli, is signed "Mu'aumer Qaddaffi, Leader of the Revolution".
Critics point out the only thing worse than starting a "stupid, unnecessary war" against a madman is losing it.
- Main article: Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Political positions of Barack Obama
- Barack Obama and uncharitableness
- Barack Obama and abortion
- Essay:Born Outside the U.S.A.!
- Essay: The Special Interests Candidate
- Recovery Summer
- Lobbyists ties to the Obama administration
- New Party
- Obama doublespeak
- Obama inauguration
- Religion of Barack Hussein Obama
- The Honorable James David Manning
- Young Communist League
- Anti Obama.net
- Don’t Vote For Obama.net
- Nobama Network
- Audacity Of Hypocrisy
- The Real Barack Obama
- The New Cult of Personality
- Surviving Obamunism T-shirts
- Barack Obama the Anti-Christ ?
- Che, Obama, and the Revolutionary Agenda
- Obama Laundry List of Lies
- GAFFNEY: America's first Muslim president? Washington Times
- Barack Obama and Islam. by John L. Esposito.
- Democrat: Obama's grandma confirms Kenyan birth.
- Barack Obama on the issues.
- Obama = Kosher Puppet. video on You Tube.
- Barry Soetoro the muslim - YouTube
- "The vast majority (73%) of respondents reported the fiscal stimulus enacted in February 2009 has had no impact on employment to date. While 68% also believe a jobs bill, such as the one recently enacted into law, will have no impact on payrolls, 30% do believe it will boost payrolls moderately". Industry Survey, National Association for Business Economics, April 2010, p. 2 pdf.
- (pg. 3 pdf)
- Stacy Schiff. Dreams of His Mother (English) (HTML). The Daily Beast.
- Davidson is a longtime Maoist and champion of the Thought of Mao Tse Tung. Davidson's anti-Trotskyite polemic, Left in Form, Right in Essence defends Maoist doctrine.
Retrieved from 对当代托洛茨基主义的批判：英文论集百花齐放 - 中国文革研究网, March 15, 2010.
- NEW PARTY (NP), discoverthenetwork.org.
- Rick Moran. Obama's Alliance with Marxists, American Thinker, June 03, 2008.
- Clark, Amy S. (Jan. 17, 2007). Obama Record May Be Gold Mine For Critics (English) (HTML). CBS.
- Scott, Janny (July 30, 2007). In Illinois, Obama Proved Pragmatic and Shrewd (English) (HTML). The New York Times.
- The rally was organized by Chicagoans Against War in Iraq (CAWI) later renamed Chicagoans Against War and Injustice. About CAWI by Carl Davidson, Nov 02 2006. Retrieved from Chicagoans Against War and Injustice, March 15, 2010.
- Carl Davidson, LinkedIn.com, retrieved March 13, 2010.
- Georgie Anne Geyer and Keyes Beach "Cuba: School for U.S. Radicals", Chicago Daily News/Chicago Sun-Times five part series October 1970, excerpted in FBI file Weather Underground Organization (Weatherman), Part 1c pp. 5-7 pdf (113-115 in original). 
- Obama's 'green jobs czar' worked with terror founder Van Jones served on board of activist group where ex-Weatherman serves as top director, By Aaron Klein, WorldNetDaily, August 13, 2009.
- Harvey Klehr, Far Left of Center: The American Radical Left Today (Transaction Books, New Brunswick, 1988), 109.
- Kate Zernike and Jeff Zelleny (March 9, 2008). Obama in Senate: Star Power, Minor Role (English) (HTML). The New York Times. The New York Times, Inc..
- HR 2206 - Emergency Appropriations, Kathy Gill, Your Guide to U.S. Politics: Current Events. May 26 2007.
- Votes - H.R. 2206: Iraq Supplemental, May 28, 2007. Retrieved from Deeper Inside the Mountain, June 4, 2007.
- Brian Montopoli (January 31, 2008). National Journal: Obama Most Liberal Senator In 2007. CBS.
- Superdelegate endorsements for Friday 6/6. Democratic Convention Watch.
- David Jackson. Obama, Clinton stress differences on Iraq, issues (English) (HTML). USA Today.
- http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/31079.html, Obama's church pushes controversial doctrines, March 20, 2008
- Obama's Pastor: G-d Damn America, U.S. to Blame for 9/11
- , Obama Drops Church Membership in Chicago, May 31, 2008
- USA TODAY, Obama breaks with former pastor, Candidate cites rants on U.S. role in terror, AIDS, by Kathy Kiely and David Jackson 
- Obama Says He Is Outraged By Wright's "Rants"
- United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics. Data extracted on: July 19, 2010 (4:31:11 PM).
- Sheryl Gay Stolberg (January 29, 2009). Obama Signs Equal-Pay Legislation (English) (HTML). The New York Times.
- Joanna L. Grossman (Feb. 13, 2009). The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 (English) (HTML). FindLaw.
- Fred Mogul (January 02, 2011). Obama Signs Zadroga Act into Law (English) (HTML). wNYC. New York Public Radio.
- Congress Approves 9/11 Health Bill (English) (HTML). wNYC. New York Public Radio (December 22, 2010).
- Benito Mussolini defined fascism as the wedding of state and corporate powers. Accordingly, trend forecaster Gerald Celente labels Obama's corporate bailouts as being "fascism light" in nature.
- David Sessions (July 20, 2009). Obamunism, Inc. (English) (HTML). The Big Money. WashingtonPost.Newsweek Interactive Co. LLC.
- Jim Blasingame. Is the government creating a bailout bubble?.
- Gerard Jackson (February 16, 2009). Monetary Policy-Not Obama's Stimulus-Is What Needs Watching. Seeking Alpha.
- BAM'S WISE WORDS. New York Post (May 17, 2009).
- Conn Carroll (March 24th, 2009). Bush Deficit vs. Obama Deficit in Pictures. The Foundry. The Heritage Foundation.
- Rick Ungar (May 24th, 2012). Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?. Forbes.
- Newspapers Call Out White House: ‘What Would That Path Be, Mr. President?’
- Chris Cillizza (January 19, 2010). Scott Brown wins Massachusetts Senate special election race (English) (HTML). The Washington Post.
- Noam N. Levey and Janet Hook (March 22, 2010). House passes historic healthcare overhaul (English) (HTML). The Los Angeles Times.
- Alan Silverleib (March 21, 2010). House passes health care bill on 219-212 vote (English) (HTML). CNN.
- Gulf of Mexico oil spill imperils Obama's offshore drilling plan, By Mark Clayton, Christian Science Monitor, April 30, 2010.
- White House Press Release, Remarks by the President in a Discussion on Jobs and the Economy in Charlotte, North Carolina, Office of the Press Secretary, April 02, 2010. Retrieved from whitehouse.gov 3 May 2010.
- Worst environmental disaster in US history, Maryann Tobin, Examiner, April 29, 2010.
- Conscience of a Liberal: The Oil Spill Is Obama’s Fault, Paul Krugman, New York Times, April 30, 2010.
- Rowan Scarborough (November 21, 2008). Obama to delay ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ repeal (English) (HTML). The Washington Times.
- Mark Thompson (Jun. 09, 2009). Dismay Over Obama's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Turnabout (HTML). Time Magazine. Time Inc..
- FINAL VOTE RESULTS FOR ROLL CALL 638 (HTML). Office of the Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 111th Congress - 2nd Session (English) (HTML). The U.S. Senate.
- 'Don't ask, don't tell' repealed as Obama signs landmark law (English) (HTML). The Guardian (22 December 2010).
- David M. Herszenhorn (December 2nd, 2010). McCain on ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’: Don’t Rush (English) (HTML). The New York Times.
- Obama's words disguise his Israel foreign policy actions.
- Aaron Dykes. Obama’s Signing Statement on NDAA: I have the power to detain Americans… but I won’t, Infowars.com, January 1, 2012.
- President Decides to Sign Ill-Conceived National Defense Authorization Act. US: Refusal to Veto Detainee Bill A Historic Tragedy for Rights, Human Rights Watch, December 14, 2011.
- White House Backs Away from Defense Bill Veto Threat, ACLU, December 14, 2011.
- Paul Joseph Watson. Obama Administration Demanded Power To Indefinitely Detain U.S. Citizens, Infowars.com, December 12, 2011.
- S.1867 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (Engrossed in Senate [Passed Senate - ES)], The Library of Congress THOMAS, 112th Congress (2011-2011), Accessed January 25, 2012.
- Text of S.1867 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012. Sec. 1031. Affirmation of authority of the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force., U.S. Congress, OpenCongress.org, (Accessed January 25, 2012).
- George Packer, Seth Jones, David Kilcullen, Rory Stewart, Andrew Exum, Col. Andrew Bacevich (Ret.). Obama's New Strategy (March '09) (English) (HTML). PBS.
- Congressional Research Service, quoted in Gregory Anthony, What price war?
- Daniel Romano and Daniel Klaidman (May 05, 2011). Commander in Chief (English) (HTML). Newsweek. The Newsweek/Daily Beast Company LLC.
- Natasha Lennard. The Obama/Gitmo timeline (English) (HTML). Salon.
- Libya — Protests and Revolt (2011) (English) (HTML). The New York Times. The New York Times Inc..
- Barack Obama (March 28, 2011). Obama's Speech On Libya: 'A Responsibility To Act' (English) (HTML). National Public Radio (NPR).
- Alan J. Kuperman (April 14, 2011). False pretense for war in Libya?. The Boston Globe.
- Libya and the “Obama Doctrine”.
- Obama: Last U.S. troops leave Iraq (English) (HTML). CNN (December 17, 2011).