| Previous Breaking News:|
Gates began programming computers at age 13; in 1973, Gates entered Harvard University. There he developed a version of the programming language BASIC for the first microcomputer - the MITS Altair. In his junior year, Gates left Harvard to devote his energies to Microsoft, a company he founded in 1975 with his childhood friend Paul Allen.
His wealth is largely the result of the contract negotiated by his father's law firm with IBM for the operating system of the first personal computer. The contract gave Bill Gates' small company unusually advantageous rights. As the computer industry soared, Microsoft's unique position gave it monopoly power and profits. Two decades later, the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit held that Microsoft had engaged in unlawful monopolistic behavior.
In 1995, Gates wrote "The Road Ahead" (with Nathan Myhrvold and Peter Rinearson), which embarrassingly omitted any mention of the internet in its first edition. In 1999, Gates wrote "Business @ the Speed of Thought".
Bill Gates has donated billions to a private foundation that his family controls. Perhaps hoping to push his donations leftward, Time Magazine promoted him and his wife Melinda Gates and rock star Bono as the "Person of the Year" for 2005.. Indeed, it is difficult to identify a single donation by Gates to a conservative cause, despite his funneling of billions to liberal organizations.
Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates have three children, Jennifer Katharine, Rory John and Phoebe Adele. Gates likes to read and plays golf and bridge.
While Bill Gates formerly described himself as an agnostic, he recently became a Catholic and his wife Melinda Gates is also a churchgoing Catholic considered to be responsible for reducing donations of the Gates wealth directly to fund abortion. Nevertheless, the Gates Foundation, a charitable foundation established by Bill and Melinda Gates which is especially known for work on HIV/AIDS in Africa, provides substantial grants to organizations that promote abortion, such as the Planned Parenthood of Western Washington (recipient of a $200,000 grant from the Gates Foundation in January 3, 2007 for a youth development program). Moreover, a smaller percentage of grants by the Gates Foundation supports faith-based programs than even the federal government does.
The UK Independent reported on July 5, 2007 that Bill Gates "has acquired a major stake in a homosexual activist publishing company. ... The online material put out by the company features hard core homosexual pornography."
Gates' last official day of work at Microsoft was June 27th, 2008. He remains chairman of the Microsoft board of directors and its largest shareholder.
Strong Multi-Million Dollar Financial Support for "Gun Grabbing"
Gates is a liberal elitist who strongly supports gun control and gun free zones and along with Steve Ballmer and Michael Bloomberg far outspent the NRA to multi-million dollar bankroll Washington State Initiative 594. (See Northwest Firearms Forum, NRA on 594, VoteNo594.com) The newly passed law creates a new progressive police state bureaucracy with so-called "universal background checks" (except for criminals who never follow laws) and makes it a felony to temporarily loan a gun to a relative or friend even while you are at the gun range practicing together.
- Debate:Does "free trade" increase wealth rather than simply redistribute it?
- Carlos Slim
- Articles about Bill Gates from previous "Breaking News"
- Apple Computer
- Steve Wozniak, Linus Torvalds, Larry Ellison
- Tails Anonymous Secure Operating System
- IBM, HP, Dell and Microsoft Windows
- Security Software to protect unalienable Fifth Amendment - Fourth Amendment Right to Privacy and Second Amendment - First Amendment rights against unconstitutional Gun control - Internet censorship Big government Police state, hackers, and "all enemies, foreign and domestic" of American liberty.
- Privacy-oriented Search engines instead of tracking by Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Encryption, PGP and GNU Privacy Guard, Data encryption, Public-key encryption, Cryptography-Cryptanalysis-Cryptology-Steganography
- Bill Gates' profile at Microsoft site
- Bill Gates Biography Woopidoo, Biographies of business leaders.
- Bill and Melinda Foundation,
- Bill Gates bio
- Actual text of the law from WA.gov. Northwest Firearms Discussion of the new "gun grabbing" law