- CBS claimed George W. Bush went AWOL from his National Guard duty during the Vietnam War, but the documents it relied on to make this accusation were later found to be forged.
Anchors and Reporters
- In the 1950s Edward R. Murrow worked for CBS News and famously criticized Senator Joseph McCarthy.
- In the 1960s, news anchor Walter Cronkite (the "most trusted man in America") publicly opposed U.S. military support for South Vietnam in the Vietnam War.
- Bernard Redmont, CBS News Moscow and Paris Bureau Chief during the Vietnam War was a "known Soviet agent." 
- Katie Couric was the first woman to solo-anchor on the weekday evening news of the three traditional U.S. broadcast networks (ABC, CBS and NBC), prior to the announcement of her departure from CBS