Norris, a conservative Christian, has written several books, financially supported various Republican political candidates, and has written columns for the conservative site, WorldNetDaily, since 2006. Through his columns, Norris has been an outspoken critic of the theory of evolution, the teaching of which he holds partially responsible for school shootings: "We teach our children they are nothing more than glorified apes, yet we don't expect them to act like monkeys."
Norris was born in Ryan, Oklahoma to Wilma and Ray Norris, and was named after his father's minister. He has two younger brothers, Weiland (who died in the Vietnam War), and Aaron. He is part Cherokee. Norris's parents divorced when he was 16, and his mother moved with him and his brothers first to Kansas, and then California. According to his biography, his father was an alcoholic who wasn't there for him while he was growing up.
He served with distinction from 1958 to 1962 in the USAF, where he got his nickname "Chuck" and a black belt in martial arts. In 1958 he married his wife Dianne Holechek, and had two sons (Mike and Eric) with her. They divorced in 1988. A daughter, Dina, was born in 1964 as a result of an extramarital affair. He did not meet his daughter until she was 26 years old.
In 1998, Norris married Gena O'Kelley, a former model born in 1963. Their twins, Dakota Alan and Danilee Kelly Norris, were born in 2001.
Martial arts career
After his left the Air Force, Norris began competing in martial arts tournaments. He won at least 30 tournaments over his career, and held the title of World Professional Middleweight Karate Champion for six consecutive years. Some say that Norris, in 1997, became the first American to ever earn an 8th-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do; however, there are two other Americans who earned their 8th-degree black belts before him. He has created his own form of martial arts, Chun Kuk Do, with the following rules:
- I will develop myself to the maximum of my potential in all ways.
- I will forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements.
- I will continually work at developing love, happiness and loyalty in my family.
- I will look for the good in all people and make them feel worthwhile.
- If I have nothing good to say about a person, I will say nothing.
- I will always be as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
- I will maintain an attitude of open-mindedness.
- I will maintain respect for those in authority and demonstrate this respect at all times.
- I will always remain loyal to my God, my country, family and my friends.
- I will remain highly goal-oriented throughout my life because that positive attitude helps my family, my country and myself.
His first movie was an uncredited appearance inThe Green Berets in 1968. His first starring role was in Breaker! Breaker!, released in 1977. He also starred in movies such as The Octagon (1980), An Eye for an Eye (1981), Lone Wolf McQuade, Code of Silence, The Delta Force, as well as the Missing in Action film trilogy, which he dedicated to the memory of his younger brother who had died in the Vietnam War.
In 1993 Norris started filming Walker, Texas Ranger, a hit TV show that aired on CBS until 2001. In 2005, he filmed Walker, Texas Ranger: Trial by Fire for CBS's Sunday night 'Movie of the Week'.
Politics and Religion
- "Though the majority of Americans continue to claim to be Christians, a Gallup poll discovered 45 percent of us would support an atheist for president. Such a survey is a clear indication that the secularization of society is alive and well."
To thwart this menace of secularization, Norris has jokingly promised that if elected President he would "tattoo an American flag with the words 'In God we trust' on the forehead of every atheist," "require every member of Congress work out on the Total Gym 15 minutes each day," and "deport all Liberals."  Norris is active in many Christian causes, including the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Feed the Children. He and his wife are the spokespersons for the National Council on Bible Curriculum, which seeks to bring state certified Bible courses to public high schools nationwide.
Norris is a Republican and has donated more than $32,000 to Republican candidates and organizations since 1988. Norris once filled in for Sean Hannity on Hannity and Colmes.  Norris supported Mike Huckabee for U.S. President in the 2008 Republican primary.   Norris was also featured in a television campaign ad with Huckabee. 
Norris criticized opponents of California's Proposition 8 (which outlawed gay marriage) for practicing double standards when they protested and harassed Mormons for supporting the bill while ignoring the fact "70 percent of African-Americans voted in favor of Proposition 8."
Chuck Norris is also famous for endorsing the "Total Gym" exercise machine.
Chuck Norris exhibits no lack of machismo at all.
Chuck Norris is also the subject of the popular internet phenomenon known as "Chuck Norris Facts."  Which portray Chuck as the most powerful manly man in the universe. For example it is said that Chuck Norris's tears cure cancer, too bad he never cries.
- Numerous black belts in martial arts.
- He is an honorary US Marine (Devil Dog)
- Honorary Texas Ranger
- Official Chuck Norris Biography
- On Chuck Norris 'mania' sweeping the Net, WorldNetDaily, October 23, 2006
- "The heroes of America's academic halls", by Chuck Norris
- Chuck Norris Biography monstersandcritics.com, retrieved on September 28, 2011
- Chuck Norris authors online anti-abortion tract February 2, 2007, heraldextra.com, retrieved September 28, 2011
- Chuck Sereff received his in 1990, and Edward Sell earned his in 1991. They both have since earned their 9th-degree black belt, making them the highest-ranking Westerners in the world in Tae Kwon Do.
- "How to outlaw Christianity (Step 1)", by Chuck Norris
- "How to outlaw Christianity (Step 2 and 3)", by Chuck Norris
- "If I am elected president", by Chuck Norris
- Chuck Norris Official Website: Christian
- "Actor Chuck Norris and Wife Gena Join National Council on Bible Curriculum in Public Schools Board of Directors", Christian Newswire
- Celebs Who Lean To The Right - Slide 5, wcbstv.com, Accessed on April 5, 2009
- My choice for president, WorldNetDaily, October 21, 2007
- Huckabee, not duck-n-weave, WorldNetDaily, November 5, 2007
- Huckchuckfacts Add on Youtube
- If democracy doesn't work, try anarchy Norris, Chuck, townhall.com, November 18, 2008, retrieved September 28, 2011
- Total Gym Website