According to the system's creator, Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, the Complete Lives System prioritizes younger people who have "not yet lived a complete life" over the elderly who have completely lived their lives.
Critics of the Complete Lives System call the care curve a grim "Reaper Curve".
- URIBE: The coming Obamacare rationing, Washington Times
- Principles for allocation of scarce medical interventions, Quote: "We recommend an alternative system - the complete lives system - which prioritises younger people who have not yet lived a complete life, and also incorporates prognosis, save the most lives, lottery, and instrumental value principles."
- Ezekiel Emanuel Gleefully Predicts the Death of Private Health Insurance Companies
- Obama Health Law: What It Says and How to Overturn It, Betsy McCaughey
- Congressional Record, December 18th, 2009
- Obamacare's most harmful secret is the grim "Reaper Curve" allocation system