Checkuser is very easy to use and you will likely need no instructions. However, if you need help here are the instructions:
1. Put the username in the empty user box. This will give you a IP address which is a number and will be located below the empty user box.
2. Click the IP address (which is a number which just appeared).
3. Given the amount of vandalism at Conservapedia, if the IP address check shows that the IP address is being used by two usernames the person is likely a sockpuppet who is using the same computer connection to edit Conservapedia. Please block that person and if a mistake was made the error can be easily undone. It is best to err on the side of caution however.
Tracing IP addresses
The owners of IP addresses can be found using:
- ARIN (North America)
- RIPE NCC (Europe, the Middle East and Central Asia)
- APNIC (Asia Pacific)
- LACNIC (Latin American and Caribbean)
- AfriNIC (Africa)
- IP-adress.com (sic)
If an address is not in one registry, it will probably be in another.