Difference between revisions of "Conservapedia:Debate Topics"
(→Other: adding new debate)
|Line 310:||Line 310:|
# [[Debate:Should the Conservapedia logo be changed?]]
# [[Debate:Should the Conservapedia logo be changed?]]
# [[Debate:Is it time to propagate Conservapedia in other languages/countries?]]
# [[Debate:Is it time to propagate Conservapedia in other languages/countries?]]
Revision as of 00:53, 2 May 2013
Debate topic suggestions, organized so that it's not necessary to delete them.
(Note: If some topic is miscategorized, it can be cut and pasted without affecting the relevant links.)
- Debate:If there is no objective truth, then is the claim "there is no objective truth" also not an objective truth?
- Debate:Is a first cause of a process necessary, always possible, or sometimes impossible?
- Debate:Can Objectivism develop beyond Ayn Rand's original formulation?
- Debate:Can any man live without some code of morality?
- Debate:Does the universe include everything, or does something outside the universe exist?
- Debate:Why is there something rather than nothing?
- Debate:Why Reason?
- Debate:What is the real love?
- Debate:Should Religion Play a Large Role in Modern Societies?
- Debate:What is the relationship between religion and the human tendency to kill each other?
- Debate:Is religion morally wrong?
- Debate:Is it possible to be a conservative and not a religious person or even an atheist?
- Debate: If not naturalism, how do we decide which supernatural explanation is correct?
- Debate: Is it possible to voluntarily convert one's religion?
- Debate:Either God is indecisive or the world's major religions have ALL got it wrong
- Debate: Is it possible for man to live a moral life without religion?
- Debate: Are fear of death and sorrow compatible with faith?
- Debate:Was God not intelligent enough to create life on Mars as well as Earth?
- Debate:If God does not exist, can anything be morally wrong?
- Debate:Did God create evil?
- Debate:Does God punish sinners for eternity?
- Debate:Could God create a rock so heavy that he himself could not lift it?
- Debate:Why should we be afraid of God?
- Debate:Is there 1 God or are there many gods?
- Debate:Natural Disaster versus Act of God
- Debate: Why does God care if we worship Him or not? Is it His ego?
- Debate: Can God explain all of the conspiracy theories and all other phenonmena?
- Debate:Epicurus' Trilemma
- Debate: Why does God send us on Earth ?
- Debate:Why are God's works always questioned?
- Debate:who created God?
- Debate: Is it possible for God to be timeless?
- Debate:Do agnostics have proof and evidence that agnosticism is valid?
- Debate:Atheism vs. Deism
- Debate:Atheism vs. Pastafarianism
- Debate:Is atheism a religion?
- Debate: Do Atheist believe they have a soul?
- Debate:Should the first story of creation be read allegorically or literally?
- Debate:Grave errors/inconsistencies in the Bible make literal translation worthless.
- Debate:Does the Bible (Old and the New Testament) have the infallible words of God?
- Debate:What is the Sabbath day?
- Debate:Does the Bible display poor ethics and morals?
- Debate:What makes the Bible a reliable source of knowledge besides tradition?
- Debate: What do you think about the violence in the Bible?
- Debate:Is Giving Birth the Bible Way Better?
- Debate:Why do fundamentalists take mistranslations seriously? (on "virgin" Mary)
- Debate:Did Jesus ever claim to be God?
- Debate:Was Jesus born in the right time and place?
- Debate:What does Christianity say about homosexuality?
- Debate:What does Christianity say about Pedosexuality?
- Debate:Which Christian denomination is the most true to the central teachings of Christianity?
- Debate:Why do we still perform Baptisms?
- Debate:Does the Resurrection negate Gods Sacrifice of his only son?
- Debate:Are Christianity and the Bible superior to other religions and scriptures?
- Debate:Should all access to Conservapedia be banned on Sundays?
- Debate:Mary Magdalene - First Witness to the Resurrection - Significance?
- Debate:Was Christ a fundamentalist?
- Debate: Are Catholics Christians?
- Debate:Were Judas' actions necessary and foreordained?
- Debate: Can Christianity exist without Apostles and Prophets?
- Debate: Could Christian denominations exist without the Catholic Church?
- Debate: Which version of the Bible should be used as the authoritative reference on Conservapedia?
- Debate: Should Christians celebrate Christmas?
- Debate:Do conservative Christians have an unquestioning faith which is comparable to that of the Party in the book 1984?
- Debate:Do ALL suicides go to hell?
- Debate: Do genuinely saved Christians sin?
- Debate: Were Achan's children stoned and if so, was it just?
- Debate: Is America a Christian nation?
- Debate:Why do Moses, Ezra, Jesus, and Paul all disagree on divorce?
- Debate:Does mainstream Islam endorse violence?
- Debate:If most Muslims learned their religion from their parents, just like us Christians, they will probably be hard to convert. So what can we do to save their souls?
- Debate:If most Christians learned their religion from their parents, just like us Muslims, they will probably be hard to convert. So what can we do to save their souls?
- Debate: Should Christians be more forthright in stating that Allah is not the same being as the Judeo-Christian God?
- Debate:Was Benjamin Franklin a deist?
- Debate: Did the Founding Fathers intend to apply their personal faith to the nation "As an institution"?
- Debate: Did the Founders have a religious motive?
- Debate:Should the United States of America really be counted as a country?
- Debate:The Declaration of Independence or Interdependence?
- Debate:Should the United States have entered World War I?
- Debate:Should the United States have entered World War II?
- Debate:Was the United States right to drop atomic bombs so quickly on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
- Debate:If President Roosevelt had known about the Pearl Harbor attack in advance, would it have been wrong for him to allow the attack in order to wake up the American public and motivate Americans to fight and win the war?
- Debate:Was world war inevitable?
- Debate:Was the European colonization of the Americas good for the native people?
- Debate:Was President George H. W. Bush wrong to leave Saddam in power in 1991?
- Debate:Should the United States have eliminated communism in North Korea as General Douglas MacArthur wanted?
- Debate:Is the American Occupation of the Hawaiian Islands justified?
- Debate:Was the American involvement in the Vietnam War justified?
- Debate:Should we have given the Panama Canal back to Panama?
- Debate:Which was worse? the Civil War and it's effects or slavery?
- Debate:Define Civil War
- Debate:Was the North right to prevent Southern secession in the US Civil War?
- Debate:Which is true; progressive Liberal or regressive liberal
- Debate:If Jesus were alive to day, where on the political spectrum would he fall?
- Debate:Why does the right side of the political spectrum tend to be more religious?
- Debate:Should there be a consistent standard on human rights applied to left and right?
- Is it possible to be conservative and know there is no possibility of there ever being a "God" and/or higher being?
- Debate: Why do political views appear to be correlated with others?
- Debate:Which is more important, economic or social conservatism?
- Debate: Why have conservatives let themselves get a bad name?
- Debate: How do conservatives view the Open Source movement and software?
- Debate: When are you lot just going to grow ? Conservative
- Debate:What kind of leader will Democrats make if they run from debates on Fox?
- Debate:Are the Democrats capable of fighting terrorism?
- Debate:Do we all know what Democrat Presidential candidates stand for yet?
- Debate:Preferred Democrat for the White House?
- Debate:Does Republican equal conservative? Does Democrat equal liberal?
- Debate:Third Party Debate
- Debate:Why are most actors turned politicians Republicans?
- Debate:Giuliani's lack of social conservative viewpoints should not stop you from voting for him.
- Debate:Is Sarah Palin an asset or a liability to John McCain's candidacy?
- Debate:Obama's preacher.
- Debate: What is sufficient proof that Obama is a Muslim?
- Debate:Is Obama a Muslim?
- Debate:Was McCain's threat to pull out of the debates a political stunt?
- Debate:If Obama Was Conservative
- Debate:Is Obama being unfairly criticized, or is too much being expected of our new president?
- Debate:Is Obama an Atheist?
- Would anybody consider President Barry Soetoro a Muslim?
- Debate:What will Conservapedia be like if Barack Obama wins the election?
- Debate:Was it legally necessary for Obama to retake the Oath of Office?
George W. Bush
- Debate:Should gay marriage be allowed?
- Debate: Should we criminalize homosexuality?
- Debate:Is homosexuality responsible for totalitarianism?
- Debate:Does Single sex schooling promote homosexuality?
- Debate:Should the federal government have the power to define marriage?
- Debate:Is homosexuality a mental illness?
- Debate:Are there any elements of choice
- Debate:Why are there so few homosexual athletes
Religious Freedom/1st Amendment
- Debate: Should Westboro Baptist Church be allowed to protest funerals as free speech?
- Debate:Should public displays of the 10 Commandments be allowed under the constitution?
- Debate:Should politicians be allowed to misspeak?
- Debate:Is gun-control the answer to crimes involving guns?
- Debate:Should gun sales to terror suspects be allowed?
- Debate:What level of Gun Control is appropriate?
- Debate:Is illegal immigration control the answer to illegal immigration?
- Debate:Illegal Immigrants: Is it too late for US?
- Debate:Women in the Military?
- Debate:Is a candidate's military record relevant anymore?
- Debate:Is "Coercive Interrogation" consistent with Christian Values?
- Debate:Define torture
- Embryonic Stem Cells: Why or why not?
- Debate:Should pharmacists be forced to fill legal prescriptions they personally object to on moral grounds?
- Debate:Are alcohol, marijuana, and nicotine gateway drugs?
- Debate:Should marijuana be legalized?
- Debate:Should government restrictions on smoking be tightened or rolled back?
- Debate:Restoring the USA image in the world, just a fancy phrase that means zilch?
- Debate:Placing the blame on how America got polarized
- Debate:Is most government criticism really patriotic?
- Debate:Solving the deficit
- Debate: Did World War II end the Great Depression?
- Debate: Can there be price controls without shortages?
- Debate: Counterfeiting: A Moral Hazard
- Is our freedom to consume what we want whenever we want worth the cost (i.e. environmental, social, economic, etc.)?
- Debate:Is the 2009 Stimulus Plan the right approach, and if not what would be?
- Debate:Does "free trade" increase wealth rather than simply redistribute it?
- Debate:Why do we still have an embargo on Cuba?
- Debate: U.S. Supreme Court ruling on ObamaCare: a proper ruling?
- Debate:Is the Bush administration's Conscience Rule a step forward or backward for U.S. Healthcare?
- Debate:Should Americans be required to buy health insurance?
- Debate:Does Abstinence Only Education help or hurt us?
- Debate:You think these Phd's are nuts?
- Debate:Which has the best philosophy of education: the public school system, private schools, or the home school movement?
- Debate:Should students learn a foreign language?
- Debate:Should class room prayer be allowed in Public Schools?
- Debate:Should the United States intervene in small countries to defeat communism there?
- Debate:Should American companies be allowed to send their own troops into a war which America is participating in?
- Debate:Can a rogue nation be thought of as a sovereign nation?
- Debate:Has Russia reinstalled stealth communism?
- Debate:Is it even possible to install democracy in a Muslim country?
- Debate:Is democracy even possible in Iraq?
- Debate:Which is a more powerful ideology, Islam or communism?
- Debate:Is the Iraq War a success?
- Debate:Should the U.S.A. abide by a withdrawal timetable if the Iraqi Parliament votes for one?
- Debate:Should U.S. troops be subject to Iraqi law if that allows our continued presence there?
- Debate:Why did God place most of the world's oil in politically unstable places?
- Debate:What should be America's policy toward Islam?
- Debate: Was Osama really killed in Abbottabad?
- Debate:Has Britain Declined?
- Debate:Has Britain become the 51st State of the US?
- Debate:Does the European Union pose a threat to the United States?
- Debate:Should the United States leave the United Nations?
- Debate:Was American soldier Michael New right to refuse to fight wearing part of a United Nations uniform? See Michael New
- Debate:Is environmentalism mostly about preserving natural resources?
- Debate:Relationship between Socialism and athletic performance
- Debate:Does Intelligent Design deny the Existence of God?
- Debate:Are Young Earth Creationists detracting others from the Faith?
- Debate:Should Creationism/Intelligent design be taught as a scientific alternative to evolution in public schools?
- Debate:If the universe is young and it takes light millions of years to reach us from far off stars, how can we see them?
- Debate:If the Bible didn't contain a creation story, would anyone even consider the idea of a young earth?
- Debate:Is Relativity in direct conflict with the Genesis account?
- Debate:If it could be unambiguously demonstrated that man is NOT the most evolved animal
- Debate: Creationism, Evolutionism and the 15 questions
- Debate: So who's right?
- Debate:How should we view the fact leading scientists do not believe in god?
- Debate: Can you be a true Christian and believe in evolution?
- Debate:Is Darwinism liberal or is it conservative?
- Debate:Does Darwinian natural selection suggest that bigotry is a necessary self-defense mechanism?
- Debate:Is Darwinian natural selection compatible with Marxism?
- Debate:Is the theory of macroevolution true?
- Is the evidence in favor of evolution convincing?
- Debate:Can the science of evolution be separated from the philosophy of it?
- Debate: What does Evolution attempt to explain?
- Debate:Does the Theory of Evolution promote atheism?
- Debate:Is global warming evident, and if so, is this the fault of man, and how must man stop it?
- Debate:God, Earth and Global Warming
- Debate:Who feels that scientific related articles should only reference published research papers instead of websites when dealing with research instead of application?
- Debate:Listing the Earth's most pressing needs in urgent order of fixing
- Debate: Should the United States defund the National Science Foundation?
- Debate:Should the United States begin Colonizing Space?
Debates about Conservapedia
- Debate:Can Conservapedia become the next Wikipedia, is this good or bad
- Debate:Does bias impair Wikipedia's reliability?
- Debate:Does an encyclopedia define complex subjects, or insert more bias into them?
- Debate:Does altering the record of debate in a wiki 'Encyclopedia' render the entire thing a farce?
- Debate:Can/May/Should online wiki encyclopedias copy from each other?
- Debate:What is CP's position on Relativity? (and, in general, on physical sciences)
- Debate:Is Conservapedia representing a conservative POV or a Young Earth Creationist POV?
- Debate:The liberal quotient of Conservapedia; what is it? Does it matter?
- Debate:How should Conservapedia work to avoid having a conservative bias?
- Debate:How can we protect Conservapedia by distinguishing real conservative encyclopedia articles from satires written by liberals?
- Debate:Is it tasteless for Conservapedia to critique the Virginia Tech poem on the Main Page?
- Debate:Should Conservapedia be more open about sex related articles?
- Debate:Can Conservapedia Succeed?
- Debate:Is Conservapedia fair and balanced?
- Debate:What exactly is Conservapedia?
- Debate:Is it okay for Conservapedia to have biased articles?
- Debate:Is Conservapedia a 'Trustworthy Encyclopedia'?
- Debate:Has anyone ever been been banned for pointing out that many of the other entries on this site are in need of citation and evidence to back up statements?
- Debate:Do sysops block editing on pages when it seems their opponents are making strong points?
- Debate:Does Conservapedia censor opponents the way Expelled says ID advocates are censored?
- Debate:The 90/10 rule exists soley to squash debate, and should be eliminated
- Debate:Should the term list entries be included in Conservapedia's entry count?
- Debate:Where do you personally look for facts and information on topics "When did Brahms live" or "Why did Monet paint grainstacks?"
- Is Conservapedia blinkered?
- Debate:Is the Conservapedia Logo in violation of US Flag Code?
- Debate:Should the Conservapedia logo be changed?
- Debate:Is it time to propagate Conservapedia in other languages/countries?
- Debate:Should there be a separate section on the main page for blogs, advertisements and other non-news items?
- Debate: To what extent should we have obscenity laws
- Debate: Should certain books be banned from libraries?
- Debate:Does modern music negatively influence children
- Debate:Is Anime and Manga Ok?
- Debate:Was the media attention needed?
- Debate:Is the use of copyrighted photographs without permission stealing?
- Debate:Are cats just useless dogs
- Debate:Was the shooting at Virginia Tech somehow President Bush's fault?
- Debate:Are video games getting better or worse as graphics, sound, and gameplay complexity improve?
- Debate:Favorite old time radio show
- Debate:What are the lessons that we should take away from the Milgram Experiment
- Debate:Mall Shootings