CONSERVAPEDIA ADMINISTRATIVE DESK
| Speedy Deletion|
| Articles for Deletion|
This is the Administrative Desk for Conservapedia. Here you can notify the Administration of matters that require attention. For your convenience there is a list of quick links below or you can use the section edit links. To prevent vandalism, this page cannot be edited directly.
- Reporting Abuse by Users? (file)
- Copyright Violations? (file)
- Dispute Intervention? (file)
- Something Else? (click here)
- 1 Abuse Complaints
- 2 User Disputes
- 3 General Messages
- 3.1 <hiero> tag and WikiHiero
- 3.2 Someone is trying to steal my password
- 3.3 How to edit?
- 3.4 Noah's Ark Page Locked
- 3.5 Multiple Problems
- 3.6 Messed up linking...
- 3.7 New outage?
- 3.8 Wikipedia
- 3.9 Requested move of Hull City F.C.
- 3.10 How to start?
- 3.11 Technical problem creating AT&T article
- 3.12 Keep Needing to Reset My Password
- 3.13 My new article.
- 3.14 Regarding the UK
- 3.15 Vandalism!
- 3.16 Vandal
- 3.17 Content for Geeks
- 3.18 What should I edit?
- 3.19 "Slug" article - Candidate For Deletion
- 3.20 403 Errors
- 3.21 I May Have Been Blocked but I wasn't
- 3.22 CBP compilations
- 3.23 /how do I start a new page
- 3.24 RSS
- 3.25 Weird error on Bias in Wikipedia page
- 3.26 Bias in Wikipedia Navbox Spelling error
- 3.27 Profanity in Proper Name
- 3.28 Blocked and no idea how to let you know about a great article for the news
- 3.29 Image Request
- 3.30 Page Rename
- 3.31 Double redirects
- 3.32 Page Rename
- 3.33 Wanted Pages
- 3.34 I think a user named Markr may be a troll.
- 3.35 Reasonless has a liberal bias.
- 3.36 Splitting one article into two articles
- 3.37 Requesting article Move (rename)
- 3.38 Interpretation of copyright policy
- 3.39 The Liberals smear campaign Won -- I now retire from editing Conservapedia
- 3.40 User:Wschact's Stubborn Hounding: 72% of his edits over a period of 24 days are about my work out of 179 edits, 129 concern my edits
- 3.41 Kind Advice from Conservative and Karajou and my Response - No more Survivalism-Guns-AltMed-Permaculture-HamRadio, just Indian Philosophy articles from me now
- 3.42 Merger needed
- 3.43 Ice T page move
- 3.44 Aether entry
- 3.45 No tag found
- 3.46 Page Moves
- 3.47 Physical Culture page move
- 3.48 Ben strickland and Whistleblower Statutes
- 3.49 PLEASE DELETE MY PAGES AND MY ACCOUNT
Archives: 1 2 3
Conservapedia no longer handles complaints of abuse on the wiki. This allows us to handle such matters carefully and professionally, and allows all parties to retain their dignity. Previous discussions here tended to be ignored by one side while the other side would spin popular opinion. Such is not efficient, effective, or businesslike.
Before filing any complaints, please take about five minutes to assess the situation from an outside view. Carefully notice any errors you made and try to see things from the other side's point of view as well. If you still think there might be a problem, rationally attempt to contact the other party by email. Do not rant or send hate mail, as that will not help your case. Many people have the innate capacity to be calm and rational if approached as such. If this route is unsuccessful, please contact an active senior sysop and we will work from there. Please note that we will treat anything told to us as a personnel matter and will hold it in the strictest confidence. Many resolutions may not appear publicly but the matter will be resolved. Thank you and have a wonderful day. Conservapedia:Desk/Copyright
kosovo - removal of information about destruction of christian heritage etc.
in article about kosovo, information about violence since 1999, KLA being described as terrorist organisation in 1998 by US administration, burning of churches and destruction of christian heritage, and albanian mafia, were removed by User:Karajou and he locked the page, despite of references being provided, including those of many conservatives who point out these things in the US. Mekety 14:02, 4 November 2007 (EST)
Preachology: speedy deletion?
I do not understand why my contribution "Preachology" is STILL marked for speedy deletion.
Preachology is from the words "preach" (to deliver a sermon) and "ology" (any science or branch of study). Of course, it is also an "art" (a superior skill that you can learn by study and practice and observation).
Preaching is an art because it is a craft that must be performed by a real person. We will talk much more about that later. (Definitions from Word Web-Princeton University).
From: www.preachology.com (used by permission)
Content dispute for Left Behind: Eternal Forces article
- This is the first edit by Urushnor: . Based on this, I'm for granting control of the article to Jinxmchue. Karajou 14:59, 17 March 2008 (EDT)
I created the article Queer theory some months ago, and worked to make it a respectable encyclopedia article describing this body of literary and social criticism, devoid of pushing any political view. It had applicable quotes from a landmark scholarly paper in the theory, one about Hemingway, was linked in from the postmodernism article, and was a pretty good article, if I do say so myself.
This last week, Ed Poor deleted it with the edit comment that it was a silly article. He didn't go onto the talk page and say he was going to delete it, he didn't make any arguments, he just arbitrarily decided that it was silly and there was no chance he could be wrong. As with all deleted articles, of course, now the content appears to be gone irrevocably.
I pointed this out to Ed, asking him to restore it if he could or why he was deleting it, and a brief discussion ensued on his talk page. The entirety of it can be found at this link, wherein Ed deletes it all. There was no other communication between him and I, and I think you can see that I do not make anything like a personal remark or that could be blockable. Nonetheless, I was blocked by Ed for "personal remarks."
Another sysop has intervened to unblock me, but I think this is a flagrant abuse of Ed's power that has demonstrably made the encyclopedia a worse resource. Even if it had been a silly article, it was a whole order of magnitude better than this recent article by Ed, so there is a clear double standard operating just because I am liberal. Furthermore, I have specialized training in the area under discussion, yet this was ignored. And even furthermore, blocking me to avoid the discussion was an abusive thing to do.
I would like, at the least, the article restored or removed from the deleted pages protected category of redirects so I can remake it. A reprimand to Ed would also probably be appropriate. Thank you.--Tom Moorefiat justitia ruat coelum 14:04, 25 May 2008 (EDT)
Jareddr has it out for me or just plain liberal trash. He continues to delete with petty claims, newly added sentences are replace with mispellings or changes their meaning. I know that I am supposed to suspect changes from others to popular articles like John McCain and Barack Obama. This guy needs to lay off. --jp 13:33, 15 June 2008 (EDT)
Gun Rights Template
Please see the talk page Template talk:Second Amendment groups. This template is now more than just a list of Second Amendment groups. I believe that the topic "Gun rights" is broader than "Second Amendment" because it covers gun rights outside the United States and state and local gun rights as well as Federal ones. (User TheAmericanRedoubt disagrees and takes the opposite view.) Of course this should be a community decision, rather than being left to the first editor to create a template. I could create a separate Gun rights template but want us to move forward with one voice.
<hiero> tag and WikiHiero
Is it possible to introduce support for WikiHiero on Conservapedia? On Wikipedia it is possible to insert hieroglyphs into an article using this tag along with the WikiHiero syntax to enter the signs correctly. It'd be useful to have this feature here too. --Krysg 07:54, 10 December 2008 (EST)
Someone is trying to steal my password
I recently received this E-mail:
Someone (probably you, from IP address 126.96.36.199) requested that we send you a new password for Conservapedia (http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php). The password for user "Kuyper" is now "[removed]". You should log in and change your password now. If someone else made this request or if you have remembered your password and you no longer wish to change it, you may ignore this message and continue using your old password.
You might want to consider looking into this as hacking is a serious problem. Kuyper 16:50, 28 December 2008 (EST)
- The operative phrase is below. There wasn't any "hacking" or even "cracking" here.
If someone else made this request or if you have remembered your password and you no longer wish to change it, you may ignore this message and continue using your old password.
How to edit?
I read the article on Barak Obama. Basically, it is a train wreck. I am not an expert on him, but I thought I could at least take out all the snide innuendo's, and even if the artilce is much shorter, at least it will be more credible. He is, after all, the President of the United States, and deserves some minimal respect.
However, I have no idea how to edit articles on this thing, and there is just about no help or assistance. It certainly does not seem to be user friendly.
So, I am just about ready to give up.
I also read the article on Virgnia, since that is where I am from. Under the list of counties, it only had about half of them. It was a terribel article. I do not understand how this organizaiton works, but many of the articles are not vey good, and then when you invite people to edit them, how do we do it?
- With all due respect, your misspellings are the worst I've seen. Please improve and then try to improve the Virginia article, with good spelling. Thanks much, and Godspeed.--Andy Schlafly 21:44, 18 January 2009 (EST)
There are some very serious problems with the entries concerning topics related to Confucianism. Many of entries are not strictly incorrect but are sufficiently superficial to be grossly misleading. When it comes to topics as foreign as Confucianism, brevity is not your friend. I will try to help, but unfortunately I do not have the time or the resources to do everything that needs doing. You need a total overhaul.
Noah's Ark Page Locked
I would like to create responses to the criticisms on the Noah's Ark article but the page has been locked by an administrator. The problem is that the locking admin (MountainDew/DanH) is MIA.
Can I get a little help? CherylE 12:54, 29 January 2009 (EST)
- I've unlocked it. Philip J. Rayment 15:02, 29 January 2009 (EST)
I've made many edits this month, but most of them have disappeared from "my contributions" and from the pages I edited. Also, many of the math pages (e.g. Covariance) can't display formulas properly. Finally, another user made an edit to my user page a while ago. But that edit has also disappeared from the record. What's going on? Sjay 21:11, 30 January 2009 (EST)
- Conservapedia suffered a hard drive failure earlier this week. We restored up until the 19th, and are adding more current revisions manually, as we find them viable. Sorry for the loss, it has effected all of us. Look for bits and pieces to appear back slowly, bit by bit. --₮K/Admin/Talk 01:17, 31 January 2009 (EST)
- The hard drive failure explains the missing edits, but why isn't the math environment working? The following should appear as an equation, but doesn't:
- The math problems are a problem related to moving to a new server. Other, more major issues are taking priority over the math. I'll get to is soon though. CPWebmaster 16:30, 3 February 2009 (EST)
I created a new page for the Show hannity that took over Hannity and colmes. I'm not sure what I did, but linking to Hannity & Colmes directs to Hannity. If an admin could let me know what I did wrong so I can fix it, that would be great. Thanks.--Tyler 23:58, 1 February 2009 (EST)
- Well I found the problem, Hannity & Colmes is for some reason linking to Hannity and not Hannity and Colmes...--Tyler 00:04, 2 February 2009 (EST)
- We've had problems in the past with ampersands in article names, although I thought that problem had disappeared. Perhaps it is back again. Philip J. Rayment 08:16, 3 February 2009 (EST)
The past few times I've checked the site all the pages were protected. One time was around 3PM. Was there an extension of the 1-6AM closing? CMcFreeze 09:55, 8 February 2009 (EST)
- Conservapedia's editing is turned off over-night, for all but Administrators and specially righted editors. That would generally be between Midnight and 6:00AM, Eastern Standard Time, U.S. --₮K/Admin/Talk 17:02, 8 February 2009 (EST)
Requested move of Hull City F.C.
Not sure if this is the right place, but can the article Hull City F.C. please be moved to Hull City A.F.C, as that is the correct name of the club. (see the badge and the club website here. Thanks, Ozoo 14:56, 26 March 2009 (EDT)
How to start?
Just joined and want to edit an article.
If I know that part of the information is incorrect should I first describe the changes I'm going to make on the talk page or should I just go ahead and make the changes? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by ChrisMH -- 09:08, 1 December 2009 (EST) (talk)
- Glad you joined! In my totally unofficial opinion: If the article's been undergoing a lot of controversy recently, or if there's been controversy before about the issues you want to address, I'd describe the changes. If it's been undergoing a lot of editing recently, and the changes are major, I'd describe them. Otherwise, I'd go right ahead and edit; if someone objects, he can always (revert and) describe his objections. This's what I'd do; it's definitely not official policy. --EvanW 11:27, 1 December 2009 (EST)
- Chris, the important thing to remember is that encyclopedia's rely on facts. That means having verifiable sources included with your edits. If you or I know something is a fact, and we add it to an article, that doesn't help other users without their ability to confirm it with a reliable source. Please check the links I placed on your talk page, including our Manual of Style for help. Our Guidelines will also be of help. Remember part of your online reputation includes not using anonymous proxies to mask your location. That said, welcome to you as well, and that is the official word on your question! --ṬK/Admin/Talk 11:43, 1 December 2009 (EST)
I noticed your main page states "wikiproject" - I recommend changing to "pediaproject" or something along those lines; don't want to reinforce or reference wikipedia, sticking to conservapedia. sw
Technical problem creating AT&T article
I've recently attempted to create an article about telephone giant AT&T, but having technical difficulties. The article is created, but attempting to view the article results in an error message stating that there is no article for "AT." Basically, attempting to view "AT&T" results in "AT" being displayed. Anyway we can fix this? AT&T is the largest telephone provider worldwide, certainly worthy of an article if Vodafone is. DMorris 22:21, 27 December 2009 (EST)
Keep Needing to Reset My Password
I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place; I'm still relatively new here. After I log out every time, the next time I log in, the form says that my password is incorrect. I e-mail myself a new password, then promptly change my password to something new. The website accepts it and I log in, but after I log out and try to log back in, the same situation happens. Could this because I'm trying to log in from a blocked IP? I'm at a university campus where account creation is blocked by IP, but I spoke with TK and was cleared to create an account from my home IP. Thank you for the help! Tzoran 14:50, 1 February 2010 (EST)
My new article.
Hi there. I've added the article Nick Clegg. I've researched it, and tried to make it work. I'd really appreciate if somebody would take a look and let me know if it's the right kind of style. Thank you. --Newton 12:21, 11 March 2010 (EST)
Regarding the UK
Hello. I'd like to take a serious role in the UK side of Conservapedia, and try to get some serious articles done about the United Kingdom from a proper Christian conservative point of view. Peraonlly, I think that all of the political parties in the United Kingdom are liberal.. it's just a matter of being more or less liberal. But that's just my opinion. Anyway, sorry for rambling...
If any of the administrators would like to request an article about the UK, please let me know on my talk page. I'm more than happy to accept writing assignments. Who knows? Maybe if I write enough good articles, you'll come to think of me as your 'UK Politics & Religion Editor.'
I'm going to bed now, take care. --Newton 23:49, 25 March 2010 (EDT)
- Thanks, Newton! Dive right in, and I am certain any of us who see the need will do as you ask and post on your talk page. I am sure many of the U.K articles we have are in need, as some I have spotted misleading information and removed it. --ṬK/Admin/Talk 00:58, 26 March 2010 (EDT)
- Is there a way that I could possibly edit during your night-time period? Who would I speak to about this? At the moment, I can't edit before 10am. On days when I'm in class, I'm often up at 7am or 8am, and have a lot of free time to edit. --Newton 19:12, 26 March 2010 (EDT)
- Sorry Newton, you have to earn that through contributions--Jpatt 19:16, 26 March 2010 (EDT)
- Okay, that's reasonable. Thanks for your quick reply. --Newton 19:20, 26 March 2010 (EDT)
- Wuhao1911 blocked him, thank you. I have removed all of his edits. At first I just removed the obvious vandalism, but then I noticed the blasphemous comments and that he has inserted parts into peoples' debate arguements, so it is all gone. Newton 13:34, 29 March 2010 (EDT)
Content for Geeks
- You are registered here, and adding technical articles such as you suggest doesn't need permission or discussion to add, JlHawkwell. Please proceed! --ṬK/Admin/Talk 14:35, 2 August 2010 (EDT)
What should I edit?
- I believe Mr. Schlafly responded to this same question on his talk page, so please proceed. --ṬK/Admin/Talk 14:27, 16 November 2010 (EST)
"Slug" article - Candidate For Deletion
I don't mean to complain, but the article "Slug" is just so embarrassingly bad in so many different ways that it should be deleted. I don't have the energy to write an article on slugs - because this thing is not really editable - somebody should start over. PaulBurnett 00:47, 27 November 2010 (EST)
- Looks like Karajou removed the false information that was added by vandal trolls, Paul. I think you can now delete such articles or alter them, as you see fit. :D --ṬK/Admin/Talk 01:56, 27 November 2010 (EST)
I participate as a Conservative on another board. One of the members of my group has been a regular user of Conservapedia, but recently began having difficulty accessing your site. She is getting 403 errors. I would appreciate it if you would give me an e-mail address that I can pass on to her so that she may contact someone with your site in order to find out why she is being forbidden access.
Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
- Contact info for this account-related issue is on the front page: email@example.com . Godspeed.--Andy Schlafly 00:35, 5 February 2011 (EST)
I May Have Been Blocked but I wasn't
Hey. I don't know if this is the place to post this, but it didn't seem to fit into any of the other categories. A user posted on my talk page that I was blocked and didn't sign it. I have only made a few edits and am very new here and no reason was specified for the block. However, I am still able to edit pages so I don't think I was actually blocked. So what is going on? Thank you. Gregkochuconn 09:39, 23 March 2011 (EDT)
- nope! you're not blocked, or you wouldn't be able to edit - the user was a vandal.--IDuan 09:41, 23 March 2011 (EDT)
Hello, I am trying to get the latest CBP compilations, when I click on the "click hear" it directs me to a google group i am not a part of and don't have sufficient permissions for. I downloaded the pdfs awhile back to start reading, am I obviously missing something on how to get the pdf compilations or is that out of commission? Thank You
- Good question. The pdf compilations have been a helpful format, but I'm not sure if they are up to date. I will look into this. Thanks for the inquiry.--Andy Schlafly 23:37, 28 May 2011 (EDT)
Hello again, Any luck on the compilations? still can't access them.
/how do I start a new page
how doI start a new page?? Help??
Can whoever made this site make an RSS feed for the "in the news" thing?
Weird error on Bias in Wikipedia page
I'm trying to edit Bias in Wikipedia. I tried to remove an item from the list that I moved to another page, but I get this error:
The page you wanted to save was blocked by the spam filter. This is probably caused by a link to a blacklisted external site. The following text is what triggered our spam filter: p u e r i l e Return to Examples of Bias in Wikipedia.
How can I edit the page? I'm not doing anything related to that word or link. In fact I had to add spaces to the word on this page to get it to save! RickTx 17:10, 26 April 2012 (EDT)
- I don't know. Maybe some automatic filter that is attempting to filter childish edits is actually filtering edits that have a synonym for childish. Let's see if this gets blocked. Gregkochuconn 15:08, 22 May 2012 (EDT)
Could someone please correct the spelling of "Nazism" in the Bias in Wikipedia navbox (or infobox, I always mix those up). It is spelled "Naziism" but the template is protected. When you are done, you should also move the page on Nazism, Communism, and whatever else we lumped in there to reflect the proper spelling. I don't want to do that first or it will cause problems in the interim. Gregkochuconn 15:06, 22 May 2012 (EDT)
Profanity in Proper Name
What should be done about a moderate profanity in a proper name? I'm trying to make an article about the 2010 New York Gubernatorial Election, but I realized that one of the parties was the "Rent is Too D*** High Party", with the censored word spelled out in the official name. Should I spell out the word, since that is the official name of the Party? Keep in mind that Jimmy McMillan, who was the party's nominee, sued the NY Board of Elections to keep that word in the Party name after they took it out for length reasons (they eventually settled out of court by shortening "Too" to "2" and keeping it under the maximum length). I don't want him suing Conservapedia if we take it out, and I wouldn't put it past him to do so. Gregkochuconn 15:07, 28 May 2012 (EDT)
Blocked and no idea how to let you know about a great article for the news
Blitzman: Hello, I was blocked in 2009 by TK for reasons he/she would not tell me. I saw some typos in several pages but did not want to write any articles. If I did something wrong tell me. I was Blitzman just added Blitzman7 so I could add this. I have no idea why you don't have a contact us area?!?! I wanted to tell you to post this news article on the main page if you want: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/creationists-convince-south-korean-officials-to-remove-evolutionary-references-from-high-school-textbooks/
If this does not post I give up.
Hi. I added the "Articles in Need of an Image" tag to my article http://www.conservapedia.com/Full_Asylum about a week ago but it doesn't seem to have been uploaded yet. Did I miss something?
Can someone with the appropriate administrator powers please rename Midnight Solstice The Near Nirvana Oras to "Midnight Solstice The Near Nirvana Auras"? I'm sorry but in the heat of the moment I had a little lapse in judgement and made that typo. Thanks.--Mikon8er 02:56, 12 December 2012 (EST)
- Done. Conservative 10:48, 12 December 2012 (EST)
The following pages are double redirects, but are locked to prevent editing:
- Fixed now. Thanks for pointing it out. Taj 13:46, 15 December 2012 (EST)
Can someone with sufficient privileges move "Burj_Dubai" to "Burj Khalifa"? At it's opening ceremony, that's what the tower was renamed. Burj Dubai, the tallest building in the world, opens and is renamed Burj Khalifa
Thanks. --Mikon8er 21:10, 26 December 2012 (EST)
- Dome :) Karajou 21:15, 26 December 2012 (EST)
I think a user named Markr may be a troll.
An event that is truly supernatural could not be used to prove the existance of a specific God. To prove it was a supernatural event would mean to falsify EVERY natural explanation and would therefore require knowing everything including the knowledge that there is nothing left to know. Religions that tolerate other religions are admitting that they may be wrong and the God they worship might be a fake. Markr 12:26, 5 October 2008 (EDT)
The above quote comes from Markr. I may be wrong, but he seems to be trying to subtly say "you cannot prove God". Despite the large amount of Biblical scientific knowledge and all the prophecies that have come through. This sounds like he is subtly suggesting that he is not Christan. If not Vhristan then what is he? Hindu? Muslim? Atheist? Check what religion he says he is on his page and ask him about it. I do not want to cause trouble, I just want to help.
Reasonless has a liberal bias.
Individual freedoms...Except when they contradict an obscure biblical passage? Or individual freedoms, except when they make soccer moms mildly queasy? Or individual freedoms except that person isn't an American, so why should they have freedoms? I strongly disagree that conservatism is based on individual freedoms. --Reasonless 23:43, 23 March 2008 (EDT)
The above passage is from a talk page. As you can clearly see, Reasonless is clearly making a mistake about Consrvative Philosphy. P,ease correct him about it.
Splitting one article into two articles
Is there a way to split one article into two articles, leaving the same prior edit history in both and then letting the edit history diverge after the time of splitting as individual edits are made to either of the split articles? HPadleckas 09:40, 18 February 2014 (EST)
Requesting article Move (rename)
I request that the article Analytic chemistry be moved (renamed) to Analytical chemistry (currently a Redirect), which actually the name used for this field. Up to this point, I have not found a place in Conservapedia to request an article Move (renaming) better than this page. Although I could copy and paste the contents to the target page, that would not preserve the edit history in Analytic chemistry.
I have degrees in chemistry (one from an well-established Catholic university) and have been an analytical chemist and otherwise involved with chemistry in my career. I have not heard of analytical chemistry being called "analytic chemistry" nor an analytical chemist being called an "analytic chemist". Furthermore, I did an internet search for both "analytical chemistry" and "analytic chemistry" and found the following results:
analytical chemistry - 18,100,000 results
analytic chemistry - 1,250,000 results
Furthermore, a scan of the first page or two of the "analytic chemistry" results shows the term "analytical chemistry" is used even in these results. This topic is covered in articles or pages called "Analytical chemistry" in both Wikipedia, Citizendium, a Royal Society of Chemistry wiki called "Learning Chemistry" and a UCDavis ChemWiki site, all of which I'm a member. HPadleckas 21:18, 18 February 2014 (EST)
Interpretation of copyright policy
Here is something for our legal experts and admins to ponder:
1) Conservapedia has a copyright license that applies to all contributions. It allows further copying without attributions of contributions made here.
2) TAR got the author of a different website for permission to quote up to 800 words on Conservapedia but not further (without addressing whether he would allow futher copying without attributions.) diff
3) TAR then takes brief quotes from the other website (without quotation marks) and creates short stub articles footnoting his copying to a template that makes reference to the permission email. (e.g, G3 and 7.62x51mm NATO)
The questions are:
1) Should CP articles consist of block quotes from another website?
2) Would quotation marks be required in this context?
3) Should we get the author of the other website to agree to the right of further copying without attribution?
Many thanks, Wschact 18:00, 8 January 2015 (EST)
The Liberals smear campaign Won -- I now retire from editing Conservapedia
I must say that the liberal smear campaign and relentless edits/deletions from 5 very loud CP liberal troll / RINOs (besides the vociferous User:Wschact, you know who you are and will be happy to know you have won) has been no fun. I am sad to say, it is much worse edit wars and liberal reverts than anything I contributed over the years to Wikipedia. Sorry User:Aschlafly, User:Conservative and User:Jpatt, but I have lost the enthusiasm to continue contributing to CP in the face of this much liberal opposition. Thank you 3 for what you do for the conservative movement. I strongly suspect that the frequent sock puppet hacker-vandalist accounts were User:Wschact or one his friends using a VPN since all the vandals edits were directed to things he was revert warring with me over. God bless. TheAmericanRedoubt 02:25, 9 January 2015 (EST)
User:Wschact's Stubborn Hounding: 72% of his edits over a period of 24 days are about my work out of 179 edits, 129 concern my edits
Between December 16 and January 8, out of 179 edits made by Wschact, 129 concern either Wschact rapidly changing my edits soon after I complete them / reverting them or complaining to the Community/Admins about my contributions. That is to say, 72% of his edits over a period of 24 days are about my work. That is a good example of being tenaciously hounded by strong opposition. Source: http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&limit=500&target=Wschact
I didn't really want to put this part about Wschact on CP Talk pages or Community Portal since I don't want to further alienate him from me or make him more dogged in his pursuit of editing/patrolling/trolling my contributions. But his recent remarks to my "Retirement" posting, made me decide to mention these 72% statistics and to come out of "retirement". TheAmericanRedoubt 19:42, 9 January 2015 (EST)
Inspired by Karajou and User:Conservative to Not Retire due to User:Wschact' Dogged Hounding
Dear Admins Karajou and Conservative
My biggest concern, that finally temporarily "took the wind out of my sails" and prompted me to temporarily retire as a contributor, is Wschact, who makes my Conservapedia contributions the subject of 72% of his edits over a 24 day period, as I will show below.
My biggest concern isn't SamHB who explained himself well here:http://www.conservapedia.com/User_talk:SamHB#.22Troll.22_Editing_by_User:SamHB_of_Numerous_articles_I_am_Working_on_.2F_Editing_.2F_Contributing, saying that "I promised that I would revert your things only once, and I mean it."
Nor is my concern AlanE's presumptuously slanderous race baiting comment here: I first said to AlanE: "Please better to stop the "Revert War" (unless it is by an American CP administrator) and instead make comments and suggestions on this talk page for editing the material. "Free state" is a big topic in the American Conservative, Libertarian and Christian circles. The old meaning of Antebellum south is rarely used except among historians. I would be willing to move some of it to an essay, however, the majority of it matches conservative values. Please discuss in a civil way without using words like hideous, offensive, etc like User:SamHB used for the previous revert." TheAmericanRedoubt 02:57, 17 December 2014 (EST)
Alan rudely Ad hominem responded to me: "Excuse the following...but I am cross, and Sam is I know to be a reasonable and intelligent man - and a friend.... Obviously I can't win against someone who probably sits at his computer for hours on end with an assault rifle beside him with one eye out the window just hoping that some one who is black or jewish or liberal will put a foot onto his property so that he can shoot them. What larks!! (Pip old chap)). I won't go on because I see you are like those I occasionally met in the old days in Outback pubs who felt naked without their firearms and were usually relieved of their ammunition before the publican would serve them a beer. Cheers mate." AlanE 04:06, 17 December 2014 (EST)" Source: http://www.conservapedia.com/Talk:Free_state I decided to simply ignore AlanE since that was the last I heard of him.
What finally temporarily took the remaining "wind out of my sails" is Wschact’s almost month-long dogged efforts: I assert that between December 16 and January 8, out of 179 edits made by Wschact, 129 concern either Wschact rapidly changing my edits soon after I complete them / reverting them or complaining to the Community/Admins about my contributions. That is to say, 72% of his edits over a period of 24 days are about my work. That is a good example of being tenaciously hounded by strong opposition. Source: http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&limit=500&target=Wschact
Here http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservapedia:Desk/Miscellany#Interpretation_of_copyright_policy Wschact doesn't even know the difference between 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge/ammunition and a "7.62x51mm NATO rifle" and hence wrongly insisting that the Admins move 7.62x51mm NATO to "7.62x51mm NATO rifle". And the so-called copyright issues he brings are been handled by MLA citations/references/bibliography and fair use.
I made more than 1000+ small edits on CP for several months before contributing much of anything original to be sure that I got a feel for the actual format, content, categories, see also's, stubs or lack of stubs, politics, guidelines, etc. I also wanted to make sure that my edits proved to the CP admins that I am sincere and trustworthy, not a troll or parodist. Then in late November when my sabbatical began I begin much more extensive CP contributions. That was when on December 16 I can on the Wschact radar scope.
I was asked by one JoeyJ (http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=User_talk:TheAmericanRedoubt&oldid=1130110#Orphaned_Pages) to deorphan pages which I then began to do. But the edits I make to de-ophan them by adding them appropriately to a See Also or a wiki link within the article were getting frequently deleted by Wschact. This happened a lot. He would keep saying I am violating the CP policy.
Over the next few months while I am taking a sabbatical from my work, I have a lot of time/energy/knowledge to contribute to CP generating new content. Alas, at the moment I am feeling too harassed by their constant rapid nit-picking and having to 10/90 Talk Page explain my every step versus doing 90/10 actual article work. I've never experienced this before in an online Wiki or forum community, I am sad to say. Even on Wikipedia, I would get at least a few days to a week to perfect a short article or a contribution to one before the liberal vultures would swoop in to eat it up (if they did even). Because CP is a much smaller community of editors, they give me no time to improve upon my work before they come in and revert/delete. It's truly demoralizing/intimidating for a new editor. I don't know what else to say. I feel CP is an amazing voice for our American conservative movement, but I didn't know it would have so many fast-moving critics/deleters/reverters against anything I contribute in the realm of firearms or survivalism/preparedness articles. Yet they were against much on complementary medicine and amateur radio as well.
It's funny, the ONLY contributions of mine that the liberal/RINO editors didn't touch were the Buddhist articles. I think that is because most liberals like Buddhism. Although Catholic, I formally studied comparative religions and CP's Buddhist and Hindu articles are very slim at the moment, so I have much to add there as well. But again, at the moment, I am becoming "gun shy" with their liberal/RINO sights all aimed at me now, especially on http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservapedia:Community_Portal.
Persistence is a virtue, as Calvin Coolidge said:
- "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
- Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
- Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
- Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
- The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
Thank you for listening. Any advice or encouragement would be appreciated.
TheAmericanRedoubt 19:42, 9 January 2015 (EST)
Kind Advice from Conservative and Karajou and my Response - No more Survivalism-Guns-AltMed-Permaculture-HamRadio, just Indian Philosophy articles from me now
If Wschact acts unreasonably in order to protect liberal sacred cows or acts in a petty way due to you adding conservative content that he does not like, please contact User: Karajou and/or User: JPatt. On the other hand, please be judicious about this matter. If Wschact offers useful input, please take it.
I did solve the SamHB issue for you though. Should SamHB return, I suspect he will be far less truculent due to it being pointed out that masses of people are leaving his unfree state of Massachusetts each year. Obviously, people leave a sinking unfree ship of state and not a successful freedom loving flagship state. Conservative 03:20, 11 January 2015 (EST)
- By the way, don't ever get frustrated and quit. Stand your ground and if necessary call in the cavalry of Karajou and Jpatt. :) Conservative 03:26, 11 January 2015 (EST)
- I reopened my user talk page mailbox. However, please please contact Karajou/Jpatt first as they may be more active than me at CP in the foreseeable future. I did make some promises to people to assist them with off wiki projects so Karajou/JPatt may act more quickly for you. Conservative 03:36, 11 January 2015 (EST)
- By the way, don't ever get frustrated and quit. Stand your ground and if necessary call in the cavalry of Karajou and Jpatt. :) Conservative 03:26, 11 January 2015 (EST)
- Sorry fellow Conservatives, but Wschact (and all the really vociferous "libs"/RINOS here) finally won with their bullying. Washact and the five others, but especially Washact, have tired me out, calling me a parodist, a hijacker, etc, etc. The 'only' thing Wshact didn't immediately edit are my Buddhist and Indian philosophy article contributions Category:Indian Philosophy and Category:Buddhism. It's simply too much of an uphill battle here with these loud-mouthed five, especially wshact. It's just too demoralizing even for an energetic contributor like me. As long as he is hounding me on 'every' edit and template, it's just not worth it to me.
- I can contribute my time and high energy elsewhere for the Conservative cause, where there is a slightly longer "pérennité" (as the French say) / durability to my contributions. I am sad to say my similar veined edits actually stayed visible on Wikipedia much longer before the vultures swooped in than they did here. At least over at Wikipedia I can contribute complementary medicine/herbology material without having it immediately deleted/reverted. Numerous items I contributed at Wikipedia lasted sometimes for weeks at a time, not just a few minutes or hours before deletion/reverting. And they usually put up a top of the page Admin template flag on it first for a couple days to weeks rather than just remove/revert it instantly like weshact is doing.
- I think I will return back to the Conservative/Preparedness Forums from which I came. From now on you will only see on CP the occasional Buddhist, Hindu, Indian philosophy article I may perhaps continue to contribute since Comparative Religions/Philosophy was one of my past formal study areas in college.
- I sent you Karajou and User:Conservative a private e-mail about it.
- Be strong. Be of good courage. God bless America. Long live the Republic.
TheAmericanRedoubt 05:50, 11 January 2015 (EST)
This template Template:Second Amendment topics and it's Backup User:TheAmericanRedoubt/Second Amendment topics is my last contribution for the Second Amendment-RKBA-Firearms-Survivalism-Prepping. It says it all. TheAmericanRedoubt 06:19, 11 January 2015 (EST) User:TheAmericanRedoubt/Second Amendment topics
The articles Anti-Saloon league and Anti-Saloon League are very similar and somehow got duplicated but then grew apart. Someone needs to stitch them together and merge their histories. Many thanks, Wschact 13:16, 9 January 2015 (EST)
Ice T page move
Concerning the aether entry (science) I would like to add an account of an experiment I have recently made concerning aether drift (essentially agreeing with the current entry). How do I add go about this? Should it be a separate entry? A report of my work has been published Aether Drift and is available from Amazon.com but is pretty much being ignored by the media.
- Try writing what you propose on your user page, using it as a sandbox of sorts, and write it in the third-person. Karajou 11:36, 3 May 2015 (EDT)
No tag found
i would like to add some information to the neibuhr page. how do i do that
We need to use move to fix the capitalization of a number of articles: Breast Exam -> Breast exam Blood Transfusion -> Blood transfusion Coronary Angiography -> Coronary angiography Cardiac Catheterization -> Cardiac catheterization Memory Cell -> Memory cell This will reduce pipeing. Your assistance is appreciated. JDano (talk) 09:06, 4 April 2016 (EDT)
Physical Culture page move
Ben strickland and Whistleblower Statutes
PLEASE DELETE MY PAGES AND MY ACCOUNT
I deleted my user page, but still appears in the history. Please help me delete my pages at conservapedia.com and my conservapedia.com account. Please delete them. (data-provider)