Domestic terrorism is defined by Section 2331 of Title 18 of the United States Code as follows:
- Involves acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
Appear to be intended--
- to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
- to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
- to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.
In the United States, Antifa rose up at the University of California, Berkeley in response to Democrats losing the 2016 U.S. Presidential election. They claim that those individuals that support President Donald Trump and other conservatives are "Nazis". In Europe, they claim that supporters of right-wing, anti-establishment figures such as Marine Le Pen in France or the Alternative for Germany are "fascists" and "Nazis."
They dress in all black, wear black masks to hide their identities and attempt to disrupt rallies that are held in support of Trump. They use pepper spray on unsuspecting people, throw rocks, bricks, bottles, cement-filled soda cans, balloons filled with their own waste and punches, M-80s, march with flags and clubs and commit vandalism and other criminal acts. They are militant, far-Left extremists that are a product of far-Left ideology, education, and funding.
The Antifa does not support the First Amendment and the freedom of speech, as seen in their illegal shutting down of scheduled conservative speakers on college campuses.
Animal rights activist calls firebombing of researchers ‘necessary’
"A University of California-Santa Cruz biologist whose home was firebombed this weekend feared for his family’s future, while a spokesman for a radical animal rights group said the attacks were the consequences for performing research on animals.
The volatile rhetoric left the University of California-Santa Cruz on edge Sunday, a day after a pair of firebombings on two university biomedical researchers had authorities looking for clues and tightening security around researchers. FBI officials were expected to join the search Monday, in what authorities have called an act of “domestic terrorism.”
Just before 6 a.m. Saturday, molecular biologist David Feldheim’s home was firebombed, forcing him, his wife and their two young children to flee down a fire escape. About the same time, a car belonging to a different, unidentified researcher was destroyed by another firebomb. Police described the explosives as a “Molotov cocktail on steroids,” and said the attack on the Feldheims’ house was being investigated as an attempted homicide because the family was at home.
The Santa Cruz Police Department said it was “unconscionable” for anyone to defend such acts.
“To put this on par with any of the human rights issues is an absolute insult to the integrity of the people who fought and went through the human rights movement,” said Capt. Steve Clark" Capt. Clark went on to say:
|“||This is what people do when they have an inability to articulate their point in any constructive way. They resort to primal acts of violence. Any reasonable person would need a logic transplant to begin to understand this level of degraded thinking.||”|
- Hoft, Jim (April 23, 2017). Far Left Antifa Thugs Riot in Paris After French Election Results Announced. The Gateway Pundit. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- PICS: Violent ‘Anti-Fascist’ March on Le Pen Rally Before French Election. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- French presidential election: Leftist protesters grow violent after results come in. Fox News. April 24, 2017. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Montgomery, Jack (April 22, 2017). Far-Left Antifa ‘Protestors’ Attack Populist AfD Convention In Germany; Injure Police Officers. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- Richardson, Valerie (August 20, 2017). Rise of antifa after violence in Charlottesville alarms free-speech advocates. The Washington Times. Retrieved August 21, 2017.
- Chicago Tribune.com, August 4, 2008