Effects of abortion
The effects of abortion are two-fold: the unborn child is terminated, and the mother is physically, emotionally, and spiritually injured. But abortion is highly profitable to the people performing it. One doctor can perform tens of thousands of abortions for a fee of several hundred dollars apiece, totaling many millions of dollars. "It's a very lucrative business and that's why they want to increase numbers."
The injuries to the mother from abortion include:
- increased risk of breast cancer
- increased risk of infertility, due to scarring resulting from the abortion
- if there are future-born children, increased risk of premature births that will cause the future children to suffer greatly
- several emotional problems, most notably depression
- increased risk of suicide
- increased risk of other devastating problems
While the unborn child obviously dies from the procedure, there is growing evidence the unborn child suffers severe pain from the procedure before dying. No one denies that the pain is felt by unborn children in more advanced stages of pregnancy, and "researchers ... studying responses during fetal surgery, say they’ve observed flinching or physiological changes like an increase in stress hormones in fetuses even at 18 weeks’ gestation."
"Abby Johnson, 29, used to escort women from their cars to the clinic ... [b]ut she says she knew it was time to leave after she watched a fetus "crumple" as it was vacuumed out of a patient's uterus in September.
- "It's a very lucrative business and that's why they want to increase numbers."
- Women who aborted their first pregnancy are 138% more likely to be clinically depressed:"Clinical Depression After Unintended Pregnancy Linked To Abortion", AfterAbortion.org
- Slater, R., Cantarella, A., Gallella, S., Worley, A., Boyd, S., Meek, J., Fitzgerald, M. Cortical Pain Responses in Human Infants, Journal of Neuroscience, April 5 2006, 26(14):3662-3666