Essay: Obama's multi-disciplinary economic thinking
Here is a often used economic analysis tool used by Obama when he is faced with bad economic news: Bush's fault
This tool often comes in handy for Obama, despite the fact that Obama is even a bigger spender than the big spender George W. Bush and he has helped cause gasoline price gains through his restrictive oil exploration policies and his assorted anti-business policies.
Obama: An anti-business U.S. President - Job Mass Murdering U.S. President
- Obama's Anti-Business Policies Are Our Economic Katrina - U.S. News and World Report, July 16, 2010
- An Anti-Business President - The Weekly Standard, June 2, 2009
- Small businesses are not hiring. Why should they? - Mish'S Global Economic Trend Analysis, August 20, 2010
- Dear Mr. President: Why we are not hiring - American Thinker, February 12, 2010
Other Obama satire
Other conservative satire and humor:
"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest."
"'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded."
"To act on the belief that we possess the knowledge and the power which enable us to shape the processes of society entirely to our liking, knowledge which in fact we do not possess, is likely to make us do much harm."
- Friedrich August von Hayek
"I do not think it is an exaggeration to say history is largely a history of inflation, usually inflations engineered by governments for the gain of governments."
- Friedrich August von Hayek
"All that Lenin learned about business from the tales of his comrades who occasionally sat in business offices was that it required a lot of scribbling, recording, and ciphering. Thus, he declares that accounting and control are the chief things necessary for the organizing and correct functioning of society. . . . Here we have the philosophy of the filing clerk in its full glory."
- Vox Day
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
- Friedrich Hayek
- Similarities between Communism, Nazism and liberalism
Obama administration related articles:
- Obama administration fiscal policy
- Obama administration monetary policy
- Obama administration deficit spending
- Obama administration corporate bailouts
- Overweight Obama administration officials
Practical measures people can take
- How Politicians and Citizens Should Deal with Economic Depression | Robert P. Murphy
- Jim Rogers: Missing out on Commodities?
Recession/depression resistance businesses:
Low cost businesses:
- The anti-Christian economics of John Maynard Keynes.
- John Maynard Keynes the stealthy enemy of human freedom
- Deathbed of Keynesian Economics will be in the UK
- Will the G8 Repudiate the Philosophy of Living Beyond Our Means?
50 Things Every American Should Know About the U.S. economy:
Other articles and resources:
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation - collection of non-partisan articles and videos on America's growing debt problem
- Bush Deficit vs. Obama Deficit in Pictures - Heritage Foundation, March 24th, 2009
- Obama’s Spending vs Obama’s Spending Cuts — in Pictures — Heritage Foundation — April 20, 2009
- Obama Responded to Tea Parties with $100 Million in "Budget Cuts" - Rush Limbaugh - April 21, 2009
- Bam's Wise Words - New York Post, May 17, 2009
Economic and related websites: