Essay: PZ Myers embarrasses himself at the Creation Museum
If PZ Myers were thinner and sprier, he would have needed no assistance! Evidently, the atheist and evolutionist community is quite aware that PZ Myers is fat and out of shape!
Question: What is the difference between PZ Myers and a cephalopod?
Answer: Cephalopods are able to move fast. They are able to fly distances of up to 50 meters.
- 1 PZ Myers and health issues
- 2 Humorous question of the day
- 3 Myers and the Obese Olympics triceratops climbing event
- 4 Evolutionists who have had problems with being overweight and/or obese
- 5 PZ Myers evolved into a pig - Part II
- 6 The transitional animal the flying pig?
- 7 Do flying pigs really exist? Any evolutionist imagination involved?
- 8 Pictures with captions
- 9 Physical and mental health related problems associated with being overweight and/or obese
- 10 See also
- 11 External Links
- 12 Notes
PZ Myers and health issues
A 2009 picture of a significantly overweight PZ Myers can be found HERE. A 2010 picture taken in Australia shows PZ Myers drinking ale/beer and he had excess weight in his abdominal area. In 2010, PZ Myers had health problems related to his heart. In addition, medical science research indicates that excess weight impairs brain function. Given PZ Myers' biological training and the wide dissemination of the health effects of being overweight in terms of cardiovascular health and brain function, it is unfortunate that preventative medicine was not used in greater measure in terms of his health. PZ Myers' inattention to diligently implementing the recommendations of nutritional science, exercise science, and medical science is not entirely surprising given his vehement advocacy of evolutionary pseudoscience. There have been a number of notable evolutionists who have been overweight.
Christian apologist Vox Day commentary on a picture of PZ Myers with his fans
In 2011, Christian apologist Vox Day had an individual complain about the notion that the atheist community has a problem with obesity (please see Atheism and obesity). As a result, on May 19, 2011, Vox Day released a blog post entitled Mailvox: now, who said atheists are fat? where 80% of the people taking a picture with PZ Myers were overweight and PZ Myers was overweight in the picture as well as can be seen HERE. The picture was originally posted on PZ Myer's blog Pharyngula by Myers on May 16, 2011 and an online argument quickly ensued concerning the appearance of the photograph's participants. Please also see: Atheism and obesity
Humorous question of the day
How does PZ Myers know its dinner time?
Answer: His wife yells out Sooie!
Myers and the Obese Olympics triceratops climbing event
PZ Myers believes the Olympics unfairly discriminates against obese people. As a result, he has started the "Obese Olympics". Myers plans on representing America in the triceratops climbing event.
Many believe Myers launched the Obese Olympics because he kept on being bested by Ken Ham in triceratops climbing and Ham refused to give allow handicap scoring or allow team triceratops climbing which allows team members to give obese contestants assistance.
Evolutionists who have had problems with being overweight and/or obese
A list of evolutionists who who have had problems with being overweight and/or obese can be found here:
PZ Myers evolved into a pig - Part II
Please notice the large wing span which according to evolutionary scientists is said to have evolved over time in order to keep the flying pig aloft. Evolutionary "scientists" are not exactly sure what the flying pig looked like and the above animated picture is believed by evolutionists to be a close facsimile.
Please see: The transitional animal the flying pig?
Do flying pigs really exist? Any evolutionist imagination involved?
Concerning pictures of the supposed ancestors of man featured in science journals and the news media, Boyce Rensberger wrote in the journal Science:
|“||Unfortunately, the vast majority of artist's conceptions are based more on imagination than on evidence. But a handful of expert natural-history artists begin with the fossil bones of a hominid and work from there…. Much of the reconstruction, however, is guesswork. Bones say nothing about the fleshy parts of the nose, lips, or ears. Artists must create something between an ape and a human being; the older the specimen is said to be, the more apelike they make it.... Hairiness is a matter of pure conjecture.||”|
Some of the medical conditions associated with obesity include: type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and triglycerides, coronary artery disease (CAD), stroke, arthritis, cancer, sleep apnea, reproductive problems in women and varicose veins. In addition, medical science research indicates that excess weight impairs brain function.
According to the Mayo Clinic some of the symptoms associated with obesity can include:
Concerning the issue of depression, atheists do have higher rates of suicide than the general population.
- Resources for leaving atheism and becoming a Christian
- Evidence for Christianity
- Pharyngula (blog)
- Professor PZ Myers fails his applied biology course
- Militant atheism and short man's syndrome
- Essay: A reply to atheist and evolutionist PZ Myers - Satire
- PZ Myers vs. C.S. Lewis - satire
- PZ Myers finally looks more like Ken Ham! - satire
- PZ Myers' greatest fear - satire
- Richard Dawkins, obesity has enveloped your marketing campaign
- If you're so smart PZ Myers, then why are you so fat? - satire
- Atheism and obesity
- Comedy and satires concerning atheism and evolution (large collection of comedy/satire concerning atheism and evolution)
- A reply to atheist and evolutionist PZ Myers - satire
- Prominent atheists weighed on the scales and found wanting - satire
- Obese atheist pet owners - satire
- Slim atheists' convention - satire
- Obese atheists heaven - satire
- Overweight atheists comedy and satire
- PZ Myers - Christian rebuttals by True Free Thinker
- 15 year old Christian boy debates Matt Dillahunty and another atheist
- Obesity Linked to Changes In Cognitive Patterns
- As Waistlines Widen, Brains Shrink
- Physical Activity Self-Monitoring and Weight Loss: 6-Month Results of the SMART Trial
- Body-mass index and mortality among 1.46 million white adults
- Frank Sherwin, M.A., "Human Evolution" An Update
- Bert Thompson, P.H.D. and Brad Harrub, P.H.D., 15 Answers to John Rennie and Scientific American's Nonsense